NYC FTL...anyone else from NYC and moved for the better?

Right now you and a room mate can live nicely in a converted brownstone unit Uptown (El Barrio) or in a Bronx Co-op Jae. But you should spend some time in thecity to feel it out before moving.

This is the reason people hate on Queens...

Aerial-Photography-Forest-Hills-Queens.JPG

Some areas of Queens are cool (upper portion of the pic) some areas are like the Twilight Zone (lower area of the pic). Queens has a bunch of little isolatedneighborhoods with their own culture and characters.

There are some real nice homes and communities in the Q Boro though. If you want to live a more suburban life while still being in the 5 boroughs, Queens isthe place to be.

IMO queens is beautiful, it has its good and bad parts just like everyother borough, but if you ever stepped foot into a nice area you will shortly realize hownice of a place it is, i was raised in the bronx and i can say its the litterbox of NY, aside from riverdale and maybe pelham prkwy and throggsneck mostneighborhoods in the bx just give you that gutter feel.....I moved to the westchester area as soon as i had the chance to be on my own. Westchester is adifferent world, im 15 minutes from the city and from the city of white plains on the metro north, everything looks cleaner and feels cleaner, its accessibleto anything you can think of. If you want to live good in NY and dont want to dish out the cash you would by living in the best areas of queens or manhattan,then look into westchester.

^ Truth.

Thats the great thing about NYC to me.

Something for everyone.

Every community is really like it own little city.

Each borough is distinctly different from the other and the communities within those boroughs are all unique.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

^ don't forget there are some nice places in Brooklyn too.

i never said there wasnt...lol i just think queens nicest neighborhood > any other borough's nicest neighborhood (except for manhattan) im not a queensnative btw.

Imma have to ride with BK after Manhattan in terms of nicest neighborhoods.

DUMBO, Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights Hipster Heaven (Williamsburg) and Fort Green are very nice areas.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Imma have to ride with BK after Manhattan in terms of nicest neighborhoods.

DUMBO, Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights Hipster Heaven (Williamsburg) and Fort Green are very nice areas.
Vinegar Hill is nice too...

I have no clue what I'm going to do when I go back to the city. Manhattan is just wayyyy to expensive unless I could find a cheap place uptown, Ican't Queens unless it was LIC or Astoria but I highly doubt I find anything cheap over their.

As someone who is a constant critique of the gentrification in the City, I feel so limited in terms of area. I don't want to be the reason thatlower-class minorities get pushed out of NYC as it slowly becomes millionairesvillle. I was talking whit my pops about that, and he told me it was the samereason he moved to Tribeca thirty years ago. Literally, no one lived their at the time, my parents were one of the first people in the neighborhood. Idefinitly feel limited in terms of options
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

IMO queens is beautiful, it has its good and bad parts just like everyother borough, but if you ever stepped foot into a nice area you will shortly realize how nice of a place it is, i was raised in the bronx and i can say its the litterbox of NY, aside from riverdale and maybe pelham prkwy and throggsneck most neighborhoods in the bx just give you that gutter feel.

laugh.gif
a few of my uncles and cousins on my dads side stay in soundview and one of my moms brothers and one of her sisters live in riverdale.

2 different worlds
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

What area though? Dumbo, Ship Yards, Heights, Slope, all those places are dumb expensive.
They have spots like these popping up all over that area...$1,200 for a nice 1 bedroom with a terrace couple minutes away from the city. Thosebuildings that they're putting up with the new Nets stadium are going to have rent stabilized units too. There are a lot of discount in the Dumbo areastill, especially with this economy. Once that stadium goes up though...
d211684f4b5ca6786de676da063d7f9400e209cc.gif
My boy got a sick spot on Wall street for dirt cheap. Thefinancial district in the shadow of the WTC is unbelievably cheap right now. Almost Bronx prices for spots in some crazy buildings.

Lawton Tower, a brand new elevator building in Brooklyn, features hardwood kitchencabinets, granite counter tops, high quality appliances (including dishwasher), whirlpool jacuzzis

Brooklyn rentals including hardwood floors, balconies with amazing views, indoor/outdoor parking, studio, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedroom are availablenow.

dax-llc-realestate.jpg

For further info contact Property Manager
at 212.365.0036 ext. 503.

[h2]Interior[/h2]
interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

[h2]Exterior[/h2]
exterior.jpg

Originally Posted by chozin87

Miami> NYC

I don't plan to move back to NYC long term(at least not for another winter)

MIAMI >>>>>>>>>>>>>

WHY YOU THINK NEW YORKERS SAVE THEY CHECKS TO COME DOWN IN THE LAST WEEK OF MAY
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Miami> NYC

MIAMI >>>>>>>>>>>>>

grin.gif

i wouldnt live in miami unless i had goood money and by this i mean over 500k in my bank account and maybe to run my own business down there, otherwise i wouldhate it. Miami is a place for socialites and entrepenuers, not for your average joe, unless you were born and raised there and already used to that kind ofliving, but for an average new yorker with a regular 9-5 to move down there and do the same, its a big no-no imo.

Miami> NYC

MIAMI >>>>>>>>>>>>>

grin.gif

WHY YOU THINK PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD SAVE THEY CHECKS TO COME HERE ALL YEAR ROUND

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Miami> NYC

MIAMI >>>>>>>>>>>>>

grin.gif

WHY YOU THINK PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD SAVE THEY CHECKS TO COME HERE ALL YEAR ROUND

TO GET TRICKED TO LIVE IN A ONE BEDROOM APT WITH 12 OTHER PEOPLE

SLEEPING ON A BED THAT FOLDS OUT THE WALL
roll.gif

AND FOR DUDE THAT SAID THIS

"i wouldnt live in miami unless i had goood money and by this i mean over 500k in my bank account and maybe to run my own business down there, otherwise iwould hate it. Miami is a place for socialites and entrepenuers, not for your average joe, unless you were born and raised there and already used to that kindof living, but for an average new yorker with a regular 9-5 to move down there and do the same, its a big no-no imo."

ITS NOT JUST MIAMIBEACH , SOUTH BEACH

ITS ALOT OF OTHER PLACES IN MIAMI TO LIVE\

I STAY IN CAROL CITY
pimp.gif

:BOSS:

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Miami> NYC

MIAMI >>>>>>>>>>>>>

grin.gif

TO GET TRICKED TO LIVE IN A ONE BEDROOM APT WITH 12 OTHER PEOPLE

SLEEPING ON A BED THAT FOLDS OUT THE WALL
roll.gif

AND FOR DUDE THAT SAID THIS

"i wouldnt live in miami unless i had goood money and by this i mean over 500k in my bank account and maybe to run my own business down there, otherwise i would hate it. Miami is a place for socialites and entrepenuers, not for your average joe, unless you were born and raised there and already used to that kind of living, but for an average new yorker with a regular 9-5 to move down there and do the same, its a big no-no imo."

ITS NOT JUST MIAMIBEACH , SOUTH BEACH

ITS ALOT OF OTHER PLACES IN MIAMI TO LIVE\

I STAY IN CAROL CITY
pimp.gif

:BOSS:

you gonna truy and tell me florida as a state provides the same financial security that New york does?.....I DONT THINK SO. now if you are already settled asfar as money that by all means this is probably the greatest state to live in....otherwise you are going to struggle just as much or even more.

Back
Top Bottom