NYC Nt'ers: Where do ya play ball at?

Im in Hoffman Mostly every weekend, and sometimes during the week, it was dead on sunday idk why, i hate when guys complain about the rims
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i might check out Tillary park and the Laguardia courts for 5 cash, if something gets organized let me know

Aight yo, this thread has been going on for 2 Months now and no 1 has organized something..

im not much of an organizing type but this can't be to bad... well here it goes.

why dont we call meetup in a common place somewhere in manhatten

or as a 2nd option, all ball in 4 boroughs

BX, BK Manhatten and Queens..

but here is the only thing, it can't be sooooo deep up in each borrough... at least 15 min into a borrough.. (just to make it fair foreveryone)
pimp.gif

for people either driving or taking the train...

can we all come 2gether and start discussing places in each burrough on where to ball at..

by the time we decided on where to ball at it should be warmer outside..

and i haven't thought of this yet, but when we do get to the Park, how will we tell who is who?

do we greet each other like.. yo im Fresh and so on and so forth..

i will PM everyone who answered in this thread..

1 place where i think would be cool to start off is

that Park in BK where some1 suggested it (i think its tillary street) that is really close in BK and right off the bridge.. (im in the BX so no1 from thiershould complain)

It would be nice if someone got the address to that tillary street for us, for people not to familiar with it.

then we can ball somewhere in manhatten , Queens and then The BX...

we can rotate every weekend or something like that...

I have 2 places in the Bronx where we can ball at

147st St mary's park or either on 152 and Grand concourse.. (these places are about 5-10 mins off the Willis Ave bridge and are easy to find...

Address would be a great thing, because of people may not be familiar with certain places in each bourrough

any other inputs or idea's please feel free to write...

oh and one more thing... letting people know your email address might help also...

people don't really come in here and check this thread that often....

my email address is [email protected]

lets get this done guys...
pimp.gif

Checkout, i just added you to the list... i also posted this in the Sports and training forum, for more exposure..

looking good... lets goo

Edit here are the 18 people down for this..
pimp.gif

l Knicks Fresh knick l

airmaxpenny1

raw120

HarlemToTheBronx

SylvesterMcGrizzly

checkoutmygrill

Henzo

Kiddwill

HAMMERCHARGE

yungmatt

Proshares

true 3blue

Kn0wledgeable

Ballinsam23

whyte1der05five
PharelFor3

eastnewyork80

sherlockfoams (spectating lol)

Yea tillary is always poppin. plus there is a court in the city off the westside highway by BMCC college. We could do it there... Ayo fresh add me to the list.Lets get this poppin. I have about 5 rocks in my trunk so ill be the ball boy lol. Serious add me to the list...

trying to be as organized as can be... 1 month should be enough time to plan something like this..

Date is sensative, things might happen, Weather and etc..
but the best date i have right now is
June 6th 2009 (A sat)
pimp.gif
or
eyes.gif

let me know if that sounds good..

let me know how yall feel about this date?

EDIT i also put in this thread in the SPORTS and TRAINING FORUM so it can gain more exposure, trying to make this thing happen..

JUNE 6th is looking like the date....

Please PM me or email me for anything...

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

Im in Hoffman Mostly every weekend, and sometimes during the week, it was dead on sunday idk why, i hate when guys complain about the rims
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i might check out Tillary park and the Laguardia courts for 5 cash, if something gets organized let me know

I literally drove all the place on Sunday trying to find a park with ppl.

I past by Hoffman, watched for like 2 min and left.

Im down to play whenever.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

whyte1der05five

i added you to the list...
pimp.gif

list is up to 15 people.. sounds good.. hopefully June 6th is a good day.. please let me know as the days go by if that date is cool with everyone..

Lets goo

Hello

My fellow NYC NT'ers whats up dudes in the Northeast forum started asking where in NYC you ball at?

a couple of people replied back, but not everyone goes into that forum as much as they would here, and opening this thread might help open more doors..

this is the thread that other's started and just trying to pass the word on....

NYC Nt'ers: Where do ya play ball at? = the link on where is allstarted..

Sorry mods if this might be in the wrong forum, but just trying 2get people 2gether and maybe even start a fund raiser or something like that...

EDIT, lets all chose Manhatten as the place to ball, people gave advice on trying to ball somewhere that people dont at, because that would defeat the purpose,
lets all decided on where in Manhatten we should ball in...

Date is sensative, things might happen, Weather and etc..

but the best date i have right now is
June 6th 2009 (A sat)

let me know if that sounds good..

3110 Thomson Ave
Long Island City, NY

Many of you guys spoken, and we all agreed that A GYM would be better... if you guys dont like the spot please let me know...

TIME: 11AM if you guys dont like this time please let me know..

Update....

whats up NT''ers

here is a list of NT'ers that would be down for something like this

as the days go own, i will update this list as much as possible
pimp.gif

l Knicks Fresh knick l

airmaxpenny1

raw120

HarlemToTheBronx

SylvesterMcGrizzly

checkoutmygrill

Henzo

Kiddwill

HAMMERCHARGE

yungmatt

whyte1der05five
Proshares
Sherlock foams (spectating lol)
true 3 blue

Kn0wledgeable

Ballinsam23

eastnewyork80

PharelFor3

Youngswag24

SneakerPimp2k8

Mez 0ne

DMasta718

blackredxiiigoat

MJsaver

chozin87
Crumbs

Dre clark (posiblity) lol

OthelloxTwon

nyrican23
Like I said B4, please let me know if you guys dont like the PLACE, TIME OR PARK.. we need 2 all get on 1 PAGE... thanks

here is a pic of where we gonna be ballin at...

pimp.gif

time is fine. i know that court personally. i think that court sucks (mean uphill battle on oneside of the court) i say chambers and westside highway. glassback boards. level court.

bump up...

26 peoples names on the list

people are disagreeing with Chelsea piers for the spot for us to ball..

if you know of another spot that would work, please Let me know, write it here PM me whateva..

but please put in consideration, you need to pick a spot that is

1) not too far from the train

2) good parking

3) NOT CROWDED

4) Clean

5) not to far from BX, BK queens and manhatten

please put in all that in consideration b4 you choose a spot....

Hello

My fellow NYC NT'ers whats up dudes in the Northeast forum started asking where in NYC you ball at?

a couple of people replied back, but not everyone goes into that forum as much as they would here, and opening this thread might help open more doors..

this is the thread that other's started and just trying to pass the word on....

NYC Nt'ers: Where do ya play ball at? = the link on where is allstarted..

Sorry mods if this might be in the wrong forum, but just trying 2get people 2gether and maybe even start a fund raiser or something like that...

EDIT, lets all chose Manhatten as the place to ball, people gave advice on trying to ball somewhere that people dont at, because that would defeat the purpose,
lets all decided on where in Manhatten we should ball in...

June 6th 2009 (Saturday)

3110 Thomson Ave
Long Island City (QUEENS), NY

5$ to get in and play ball
TIME: 11AM

Update....

whats up NT''ers

pimp.gif

l Knicks Fresh knick l

airmaxpenny1

raw120

HarlemToTheBronx

SylvesterMcGrizzly

checkoutmygrill

Henzo

Kiddwill

HAMMERCHARGE

yungmatt

whyte1der05five
Proshares
true 3 blue

Kn0wledgeable

Ballinsam23

eastnewyork80

PharelFor3

Youngswag24

SneakerPimp2k8

Mez 0ne

DMasta718

blackredxiiigoat

MJsaver

chozin87
Crumbs

OthelloxTwon

nyrican23

iM COOL C

nYcHipHopHippo **depending on work schedule and hangover*"

nbasoon

KingJay718

GULLYDAGREAT

HOOPSboy

Spyda23

zona0924

pimp.gif

For anybody wondering how to get there the 7 train stop is at 33rd St Rawson. You go down the stairs from the station, walk down Queens Blvd and the school is a couple of blocks away.

***** UPDATE!!!!!*****, since its 30 + people saying they will show up,

it will be new rules, The games will end at 8 points. to make if fair for everyone and make sure everyone plays, and Please dont come with more than 1person...

we dont want over crowding.

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

just came back from hoffman, i will always play better once they turn on the lights at night, hoff is popping, playing baseball early ball by night, and go to the handball courts to blow it down, 88 just to recovery from injuries or play handball

hoffman is poppin even if its -30 outside as long as the lights on lol and since yall from the area, its a damn shame how 106 fell off, i remember a few yearsback it used to be good. Lincoln park fell off crazy too.

EDIT ** DUDES is really trying 2 ball i like that
pimp.gif
, wegonna do it on SAT May 16th

Bringing people with you on May 16th would be GREAT!!!!!
yes GREAT!!!

11AM Same place and same time

here is a list of people that said they down, i think it should be enough.... we are still on for JUNE 6th AS well
pimp.gif

LIST

l knicks fresh knick l

Ballinsam23

SneakerPimp2k8

airmaxpenny1

KiddWill

MJsaver

yungmatt

henz0

Proshares

Mez 0ne

Lrrr

true 3 blue

Ok, this is what i have set up at the moment, I remember these 11 people including myself (12), the people that showed up on May 16th. This is what I haveplanned and think it should go.. From these 12 people we should pick 10 captains, because thier is a total of 50 people that suppose to be coming. with the 10captains you should be able to pick 4 people each. I think this may benifit everyone. The people that are on this list dont have any idea on how the other 38people play thier game.

If all 50 people dont show, then i guess we should just break up the tournament.

BTW, dont let height fool you guys, On may 16th when they were choosing players, they were choosing according to height, and the rest is history... lol lemmestop..

but if you guys have any other ideas please let me know..

And because we need to get this organized fast and try to have both full courts, IM MOVING THE TIME DOWN TO 10AM

AND everyone please let me know if your gonna BACK out of JUNE 6th,
please dont be on the list and not be sure if you gonna make it... you willsave everyone
a hassale...

The list of people that were thier on MAY 16th, We gotta choose 10 Captains.

l Knicks Fresh Knick l

tommykairaa

henz0

whyte1der05five

Spyda23

Mez 0ne

true 3 blue

PharelFor3

yungmatt

Kiddwill

MJsaver

Ballinsam23

and if i missed your name on the May 16th please let me know...

***EDIT**** update

Ok, this is what i have set up at the moment, I remember these 11 people including myself (12), the people that showed up on May 16th. This is what I haveplanned and think it should go.. From these 12 people we should pick 10 captains, because thier is a total of 50 people that suppose to be coming. with the 10captains you should be able to pick 4 people each. I think this may benifit everyone. The people that are on this list dont have any idea on how the other 38people play thier game.

If all 50 people dont show, then i guess we should just break up the tournament.

BTW, dont let height fool you guys, On may 16th when they were choosing players, they were choosing according to height, and the rest is history... lol lemmestop..

but if you guys have any other ideas please let me know..

And because we need to get this organized fast and try to have both full courts, IM MOVING THE TIME DOWN TO 10AM

AND everyone please let me know if your gonna BACK out of JUNE 6th,
please dont be on the list and not be sure if you gonna make it... you willsave everyone
a hassale...

The list of people that were thier on MAY 16th, We gotta choose 10 Captains.

l Knicks Fresh Knick l

tommykairaa

henz0

whyte1der05five

Spyda23

Mez 0ne

true 3 blue

PharelFor3

yungmatt

Kiddwill

MJsaver

Ballinsam23

and if i missed your name on the May 16th please let me know...

JUNE 6th

List is now closed at 50 People, we are gonna have a NT tournament
Tournament is still in the early stages.

Dont bring any OUTSIDERS out of NT, because we are gonna try to have games
showing off nothing but NT talent.

June 6th I will print out a List of the 50 NT'ers particapating in the tournament
and you will have to sign off ya name in order to play in the Tourney..

________________________________________________________________________________
Hello

My name is Dean. Many of you know me as Fresh iz back or just Fresh
Im ya host

June 6th 2009 (Saturday)

31-10 Thomson Ave
Long Island City (QUEENS), NY

5$ to get in and play ball
TIME: 11AM

Update....

whats up NT''ers

THE LIST OF 50 PEOPLE

l Knicks Fresh knick l

airmaxpenny1

raw120

HarlemToTheBronx

SylvesterMcGrizzly

checkoutmygrill

Henzo

Kiddwill

HAMMERCHARGE

yungmatt

whyte1der05five
Proshares

true 3 blue

Kn0wledgeable

Ballinsam23

eastnewyork80

PharelFor3

Youngswag24

SneakerPimp2k8

Mez 0ne

DMasta718

blackredxiiigoat

MJsaver

chozin87

Crumbs

OthelloxTwon

nyrican23

iM COOL C

nYcHipHopHippo **depending on work schedule and hangover*"

nbasoon

KingJay718

GULLYDAGREAT

HOOPSboy

tommykairaa

devildog1776

DenisHot

tRIPLETHREAT0699

I DONT PASS

Jonnyc410

Spyda23

MAZE

that WAVE

cubanref

mloonz88

NYCBaller34zona0924

xDOEBOIx

kix2mny

For anybody wondering how to get there the 7 train stop is at 33rd St Rawson. You go down the stairs from the station, walk down Queens Blvd and the school isa couple of blocks away.

PharelFor3 wrote: directions : http://www.lagcc.cuny.edu/visit/

We are still in Need of a Camera man or some1 that has a Digital camera, People on NT, will wanna see pics scores and updates.. Any camera men? Ive help set itup, some1 help us out

DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!!!

Mez 0ne wrote: I mean, you can leave whenever the hell you want dude, this aiin't no school trip.

Its $5.00 for Laguardia and you can even use the weight room if you want.

THE SIDE ENTRANCE ON VAN DAM STREET NEAR 47 AVE is the closest entrance to the gym, we can meet there at 11am if ya'll want.

Take the 7 train it leaves you 2-3 blocks away but here are additional ways to get there (a lot of walking):

By Subway
Via 7 Train: Get off at 33rd Street station. Walk two blocks westbound to Thomson Avenue and Van Dam Street.

Via E, V & R Trains: Get off at Queens Plaza Station and exit the station at Jackson Avenue and Queens Boulevard exit. Walk over the Queens BoulevardBridge (over the Sunnyside train yards) until you reach the corner of Van Dam Street and Thomson Avenue.

Via G Train: Get off at Court Square Station (at the CitiCorp Building). Walk across the Thomson Avenue Bridge.

Via N & W Trains: At Queensboro Plaza station transfer to 7 Train (Local to Main Street) and get off at the 33rd Street station. Walk two blocks westboundto Thomson Avenue and Van Dam Street.

By Car
The College Campus is located on Thomson Ave., between Van Dam Street and Skillman Avenue

From Queens: Take the Long Island Expressway west to the Van Dam St. exit. Make a right at the light and go to Thomson Ave., where you make a left.

From Brooklyn: Take the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway north to the Long Island Expressway exit (toward the Midtown Tunnel).Exit at Van Dam St. Make a right at thelight and go to Thomson Ave., where you make a left.

From the Bronx: Take the Triboro Bridge to the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway south. Exit at Queens Blvd. west and, when Queens Blvd. forks, turn left onto ThomsonAve.

From Manhattan: Take the 59th Street Bridge to Queens Blvd. and follow signs to the college.

Back
Top Bottom