NYC Nters

@ the op, if you have time then head over to City Island in the BX on a weekend night and grab some food and drinks. Seafood City is a start and it's relatively cheap (food is decent) - but many go for the drinks and sit out by the water and people watch. It's a restaurant you order, pickup your own food/drinks and find a open seat. There will be no tourists there.

Sooo many places to name but the one place is an absolute must for me (at the very least once) whenever in NYC is Burger Joint at the Parker Meridien hotel

Bell Blvd sucks if you’re an adult on a Friday night. It’s best for a Saturday afternoon or happy hour. Pour House got some good appetizers.

I love Austin street personally.

Check out Patrizias in either Williamsburg or Maspeth. Make reservations be prepared to wait an hour but you’ll have so much great Italian food to eat. Pay the extra $10 for lobster it comes with so much more.

Brooklyn is trash but China new star in the marine park area is fire.

Queens: Astoria
Sweet Afton (chill bar, good for a date or spittin game)
Olivers (brunch spot)
Break (sports bar)
Sugar Freak (amazing southern food)
Shi (sushi type lounge right by the water in Hunters Point)

I'm not a fan of Bell Blvd in Queens anymore. Lots of drunk kids now.

Manhattan:
For food just go on yelp type in an area (Midtown, Soho, etc) and you'll find anything you're looking for. I almost never eat at the same restaurant twice in the city. My bar days are kinda done, but honestly either go to the LES or Soho.

Mr. Purple (roof top bar with nice views and chill crowd)
Press Lounge (fancier roof top bar, expensive drinks, but nice vibe)
That's for the recommendations bro I'm gonna hit up these spots.

@ the op, if you have time then head over to City Island in the BX on a weekend night and grab some food and drinks. Seafood City is a start and it's relatively cheap (food is decent) - but many go for the drinks and sit out by the water and people watch. It's a restaurant you order, pickup your own food/drinks and find a open seat. There will be no tourists there.
This sounds dope. Gonna have to hit it up. Is it accessible by public transportation?

SpittaJetLife SpittaJetLife no need for you to hit up Staten Island or Long Island tbh. Stick to Manhattan, Bk & Queens. If you wanna catch a Yankee game or City Island, hit up the Bronx, otherwise I don't know why else you'd go there.

This sounds dope. Gonna have to hit it up. Is it accessible by public transportation?
It is but will require you to take a subway then transfer onto the bus (the bus ride should only be like 15 minutes). If you don't have access to a car, I would say just jump into a uber after you get out the subway instead of transferring to the bus. It'll be a cheap 10 minute ride.

It is but will require you to take a subway then transfer onto the bus (the bus ride should only be like 15 minutes). If you don't have access to a car, I would say just jump into a uber after you get out the subway instead of transferring to the bus. It'll be a cheap 10 minute ride.
Is there parking at City Island?

City island is pretty much the hood getaway lol ...when people from different hoods especially in the x wanna “get away” city island is at your disposal....same with orchard beaxh,coney island....seems to go hand & hand when mad dudes from different hoods wanna “get out the country” long & behold sosua dr is brought up

& to those questioning the other dude who still lives in ny but saying its wack....plenty of people from/still living in ny feel that way its just not everybody have the resources to actually move out of ny right now for whatever reason ...i know people who been wanted to leave the city but they have to wait for their jobs to transfer them to the state /city of their choice & the waiting list for such things takes time(not months but years in some cases) ...others dont have the funds to actually make moves at the moment , & others dont have the determination to think they can make moves outta town so they stay content with what they know rather than take chances...u cant knock peoples opinion(we all have one) ....yeah its a million spots thruout the city / borough to borough but it might not excite some like it does others .....i dont know about jersey or philly bar scene etc so i cant agree or disagree but what i will say from being from ny the sportsbars aint the as live to me as they were when i go to sportsbars in other spots (dmv area) ,thats just my opinion

Mr. Purple (Manhattan)
Sweet & Vicious (Manhattan)
Peachy’s (Manhattan)
Ode to Babel (Brooklyn)
Freehold (Brooklyn)

I could go on...

Places to go:

9/11 Memorial
MoMA
Bryant Park
Central Park
Prospect Park (if in Brooklyn)
Dyckman (if you want a non-touristy Spanish experience. You’ll appreciate it even though it’s far Uptown.)
125th area in Harlem, west of 5th...so commercial at this point but still cool to see the Apollo and other things)

Food:
Depends on what you like. Check out Carmine’s for Italian (touristy but very decent)
Prince Street Pizza, Joe’s Pizza
Joe’s Shanghai (delicious soup dumplings)
Ayo y Oregano (Dominican, it’s deep in the Bronx but so good..skip if you have limited time)
Mangoseed (Brooklyn, Jamaican..not #1 but very good)

Last edited:
Mr. Purple (Manhattan)
Sweet & Vicious (Manhattan)
Peachy’s (Manhattan)
Ode to Babel (Brooklyn)
Freehold (Brooklyn)

I could go on...

Places to go:

9/11 Memorial
MoMA
Bryant Park
Central Park
Prospect Park (if in Brooklyn)
Dyckman (if you want a non-touristy Spanish experience. You’ll appreciate it even though it’s far Uptown.)
125th area in Harlem, west of 5th...so commercial at this point but still cool to see the Apollo and other things)

Food:
Depends on what you like. Check out Carmine’s for Italian (touristy but very decent)
Prince Street Pizza, Joe’s Pizza
Joe’s Shanghai (delicious soup dumplings)
Ayo y Oregano (Dominican, it’s deep in the Bronx but so good..skip if you have limited time)
Mangoseed (Brooklyn, Jamaican..not #1 but very good)
Thanks so much bro. Ive been sleeping on NYC heavy. I live 20 min away from NY in Jersey. Been out here for two years. I work in Manhattan in Columubus Circle area once a week and Ive preety much just have come and went home. Ive never really ventured around the city. Outside of going to China Town for chinese food or going to a Yankee or Mets game. I also went to the Hudson yards. Hudson Yards is overrated.

Back
Top Bottom