NYC Sportbike "gang" vs. Alexian Lien Thread vol. Let's Try this Again.

If you don't ride that's fine but your arguments against lane splitting and passing on shoulders during heavy traffic are seen through eyes of a car driver, riders split lanes (legal in CA) and pass on shoulders during heavy traffic to minimize the chance of getting rear ended which is the most common accident during bumper to bumper traffic. Car drivers have a lot more distractions than a rider, we would know because we also drive cars too :rolleyes. In my years of riding, it is extremely rare for a lane splitting motorcycle to be the cause of an accident, accidents usually occur when a driver makes a sudden lane change without properly checking his/her rearview and shoulder. Where is all the outrage for the unsafe drivers if you guys are so upset at riders, they're more of a danger to you and your family than some dude stunting on the freeway, hell, even if he crashes he's the only one getting hurt. :smh: I know all you motorcycle bashing folks aren't driving like DMV certified driving instructors too.

Is it their responsibility to get out and block bikes? No. Not their job. Sit your *** in traffic, if you're jealous that you can't do the same then get a bike. I don't care. Cars and bikes break the rules daily. If it's a parking lot, a car is pissed that I can ride through and they can't. Do some research on lane splitting. It's safe and cuts down traffic. It's legal everywhere except the U.S.
Why should I sit in traffic and obey the laws of the road but not a motorcyclist? Doing something simply because you CAN doesn't make it right.

I don't know how or why anybody would be mad at a biker for either riding the shoulder or splitting lanes of traffic. Some of you dudes are funny. Like why get bent out of shape over that??

The thing is, no one in here is denying that car/truck drivers aren't obnoxious or reckless. ****, I see it EVERY day in my commute. However, that has nothing...absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. It's a strawman argument.

If you can somehow apply how Lien was driving erratically/reckless before his car got hit, then there is no debate...however, that isn't the case and the exact reason why there were no charges brought against him.

I don't know how or why anybody would be mad at a biker for either riding the shoulder or splitting lanes of traffic. Some of you dudes are funny. Like why get bent out of shape over that??

Because they are mad about other things they have no control over........

If you don't ride that's fine but your arguments against lane splitting and passing on shoulders during heavy traffic are seen through eyes of a car driver, riders split lanes (legal in CA) and pass on shoulders during heavy traffic to minimize the chance of getting rear ended which is the most common accident during bumper to bumper traffic. Car drivers have a lot more distractions than a rider, we would know because we also drive cars too :rolleyes. In my years of riding, it is extremely rare for a lane splitting motorcycle to be the cause of an accident, accidents usually occur when a driver makes a sudden lane change without properly checking his/her rearview and shoulder. Where is all the outrage for the unsafe drivers if you guys are so upset at riders, they're more of a danger to you and your family than some dude stunting on the freeway, hell, even if he crashes he's the only one getting hurt. :smh: I know all you motorcycle bashing folks aren't driving like DMV certified driving instructors too.

We going way off topic here....I already said, an obnoxious motorist is a threat PERIOD, not a single person is advocating for the fake Dom Torretos cutting through traffic, but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this case....in this case we were dealing with a HUGE mob of bike riders all being OBNOXIOUS....why can't ya understand how frustrating that would be for everyone else caught up in their little joy ride?...these weren't some chill riders going about a small gathering....this was a MOB of dudes who enjoy being obnoxious on the road...

jjs07 jjs07 the reports I read said that she threw the plum and water bottles at the bikes before they hit the car or started slashing. A plum and water bottles sounds like nothing if you haven't been on a bike. That can easily make you crash and take out other bikes or cars.

Last edited:

Let's keep ignoring the fact that is illegal.

Some of the arguments in here are hilarious...

Ranging from what we see car drivers do on the daily (like that has ANYTHING to do with the topic at hand) to how the plum being thrown escalated the situation.

Here are the FACTS. Not speculation or strawman...just FACTS.

These particular bikers were illegally doing what they do...being a menace. It was so bad the police were called on them BEFORE the Lien incident.

Lien was out for a drive with his family.

Bikers were hitting his car.

Now, why do you believe the bikers were hitting his car?? Out of all the vehicles that day that they passed.....why his??

As I said before I hope you anti motorcycle folks are driving the speed limit. Dudes probably got multiple tickets but trying to talk down on motorcycle riders.

Ranging from what we see car drivers do on the daily (like that has ANYTHING to do with the topic at hand) to how the plum being thrown escalated the situation.

These particular bikers were illegally doing what they do...being a menace. It was so bad the police were called on them BEFORE the Lien incident.

Now, why do you believe the bikers were hitting his car?? Out of all the vehicles that day that they passed.....why his??
They won't answer that 

Sure it's annoying but just let them ride. They aren't going to harm you if you are inside your car. An average car weighs like 8 times what a bike does. Even if they clip you because they are in an illegal lane or being wreckless it's gonna be like a toddler bumping into your leg, and then they're gonna get hurt. Really they are putting themselves at risk.

Now throwing stuff at a biker, that is putting someone else at risk. Not cool.

The thing is, no one in here is denying that car/truck drivers aren't obnoxious or reckless. ****, I see it EVERY day in my commute. However, that has nothing...absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. It's a strawman argument.

If you can somehow apply how Lien was driving erratically/reckless before his car got hit, then there is no debate...however, that isn't the case and the exact reason why there were no charges brought against him.

How is hitting a bike, throwing things out the window, running over a biker not driving erratically or reckless? Charges won't be filed because he was the victim but the DA could easily have persuaded a jury to convict him of hit and run.

They were hitting other's cars as well.

You dudes don't even know the full story.

Stop posting until you all take the time to actually read up on the details.

They were brake checking and hitting the tops of multiple people's vehicles. Intimidating and harassing multiple commuters, running red lights, nearly hitting pedestrians.

They were violent off rip.

jjs07 jjs07 the reports I read said that she threw the plum and water bottles at the bikes before they hit the car or started slashing. A plum and water bottles sounds like nothing if you haven't been on a bike. That can easily make you crash and take out other bikes or cars.

Once again the plum will cause an accident, but the huge congregation and illegal stunts inches away from other motorists are no threat to the bikers!...how flawed is this argument?!

She threw the plum out of frustration of them constantly tappin their car and being inconsiderate to the rest of the commuters, was it right on her part, no it wasn't, but let's not act like the plum was the catalyst.

Y'know what?

The actions on the bikers parts is just outright indefensible.

IDK why we're even having a debate.

IDK why we're over here talking about a plum that was thrown in frustration after Mrs. Lien witnessed the bikers nearly hitting and killing a woman and her baby.

IDK how you dudes could sit there and justify such cowardice.

You biker dudes are just worsening your stigma with this BS stance ya'll taking.

How is hitting a bike, throwing things out the window, running over a biker not driving erratically or reckless? Charges won't be filed because he was the victim but the DA could easily have persuaded a jury to convict him of hit and run.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!?

Dude that looked like a hit and run or someone fleeing for their damb life to you. :rofl:

They shouldn't be allowed to take over the road. It doesn't belong to them. Others should be able to drive in peace without those guys acting like fools.

You sound very naive to the way things are in life, more specifically how some things happen in the streets.

Nah, what I wrote was logical and what people on the road should expect. A big biker club shouldn't be allowed to clog the lanes and act like idiots. Stay in one lane so drivers can pass and don't be stupid enough to brake check people. This ain't sons of anarchy, in real life you get hit by cars.

Go back a few pages...I linked it last night from the NYP. It's on record that the bikers hit Lien's car before the plum was thrown.

Because Lien had places to be and they were upset that he was interrupting whatever it was they were trying to do (illegally). You know this, DK. :lol:

They won't answer that 

It's already been answered. You're selectively reading/comprehending.

Again, you're blatantly ignoring what led up to the plum being thrown and him driving erratically. There's a reason why he's looked at as a victim, bruh.

Bruh....

:stoneface:

But you know the whole story?

OKKKKKKKKKK

billy.jpg

Last edited:
You brake check and SUV and get upset when the SUV love taps you....then wanna wreck havoc upon a family.....nah but Lien is the coward here, not the 100+ bikers with the mob mentality on FLEEK....they not cowards

But you know the whole story?

OKKKKKKKKKK

Yep I do.

I believe the Lien's account.

There are multiple witnesses that also called 911 and witnessed the same thing.

IDK what you're doing Marcus, you're in here just playing devil's advocate. Arguing just to argue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom