• Total voters
We winning tomorrow
nerd.gif
Shump locking down Durant? 
nerd.gif

JR dropping 40? 
nerd.gif

Happy Festivus yall!
we win tomorrow by 2, melo hits the winner and throws his tee to a kid in the crowd who was going down the wrong path in life and changes everything for him. that lil dude becomes our future gm and builds our dynasty , 6 rings .... i need coffee ....
I laughed OUT LOUD :lol:

Last edited:
Damn near all the games tomorrow will not live up to their preseason billing.

With that said, we lose by 40 & OKC backup pg has a career game.

SportsVU is a company that tracks things that ESPN, Yahoo and the like do not track. They track statistics that are far deeper and more telling than those you’d get from a box score. The statistic that stood out to me was one they call “Assist Opportunities Per Game.” They define this as“Passes by a player to a teammate in which the teammate attempts a shot and if made would be an assist.”

Of course this is abstract. It’s measuring something that the NBA has never measured and doing it in a very specific manner. Still, these stats exist and are accurate according to SportsVU. Assist Opportunities Per Game can measure how good a passer is on a bad team. After all, it’s not Anthony’s fault if Iman Shumpert misses a shot. It says more about the quality of the team around the player than the player himself.

According to SportsVU, Anthony has registered 6.5 assist opportunities per game in 2013, averaging just 2.8 assists overall. So that means in every game, there are up to 4 shots that if converted, would lead to a greater assist total for Anthony. The Knicks are converting 43% of Anthony’s passes into shots. If we compare that number to the gold standard of Lebron James, the numbers are staggering. The Heat convert 57% of James’ passes into baskets.

What does it all mean? Is it that James is making better passes than Anthony? Maybe. Is it that Ray Allen, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh convert more opportunities than J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler? Maybe. What it does mean is that Anthony does try to get his teammates involved. He’s always going to be a score first type of player but if the Knicks start converting more opportunities, Anthony could see a definite spike in his assist numbers.

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/carmelo-anthonys-assist-numbers-are-not-the-problem/

merry christmas to team knicks!

may santa have brought you all some good drugs to use as a coping mechanism to deal with this failure of a franchise
nthat.gif

Merry Christmas fellas. I hope the game is competitive today. I want Tina Cervasio for Christmas 
frown.gif

I just want a knicks win for christmas. Yall have 0 faith im embarrassed. If the raptors can beat them on the road we have a shot at home

Back
Top Bottom