Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
@syracusebball: Melo goes for 44 in a double-overtime loss in Orlando. Good lord, get the guy some help @nyknicks

:lol:

I appreciate Melo going out there and performing.. and management really did do an awful job "building" this team

But hey.. at least he got his big extension, right? Because I still don't feel "bad" for him when he had to get traded here and couldn't just wait until free agency. I don't blame him because it's a business and get your money and despite trading away our assets back then, management should have built something better now (plus Amare breaking down wasn't part of the plan)... BUT STILL...

Dude had to get his big extension first, then worry about the rest later. I know it's in the past and that doesn't mean he should be punished forever, but yeah.. I probably won't ever look past that. If he leaves NY, I wouldn't blame him at all.. but I'd also think his tenure here started on a bad note. Maybe it's unfair to still hold it against him, but I do a little.

I appreciate Melo going out there and performing.. and management really did do an awful job "building" this team

But hey.. at least he got his big extension, right? Because I still don't feel "bad" for him when he had to get traded here and couldn't just wait until free agency. I don't blame him because it's a business and get your money and despite trading away our assets back then, management should have built something better now (plus Amare breaking down wasn't part of the plan)... BUT STILL...

Dude had to get his big extension first, then worry about the rest later. I know it's in the past and that doesn't mean he should be punished forever, but yeah.. I probably won't ever look past that. If he leaves NY, I wouldn't blame him at all.. but I'd also think his tenure here started on a bad note. Maybe it's unfair to still hold it against him, but I do a little.

And I know hindsight is 20/20, but management using our amnesty to sign Tyson Chandler was a double **** up.

Crazy as it sounds we could have maybe had a team of Melo with CP3 and D12, or one of those 2 at least.

@MettaWorldPeace: “@LENEsipper: You still play basketball? @MettaWorldPeace”

i still play and i am still very good.
however, lmao, i am a pro bench clapper

Out of all drafts to not have a pic......why must ibe this one. Also when is that greek guy we drafted coming??

yep picking up chauncey option was a mistake because we needed that amnesty for amare :smh:

that decision might be equally bad as the melo trade if not worse

Knicks need to do something big and SMART this offseason in order for us to not experience a second straight struggle year

Knicks need to do something big and SMART this offseason in order for us to not experience a second straight struggle year

3) New York Knicks - James Dolan (since 1999)
Reg Season Record: 509 - 623 (45% win percentage)
Playoff Series Record: 3 - 6 (33% win percentage / swept 2 times)
14 Seasons - 5 seasons above .500 (36%)

3rd worst owner in sports
2nd worst owner in basketball (after Donald Sterling who has stopped mingling in basketball operations)

Knicks doing something smart is not likely.

I got this feeling Westbrook and okc draft pick gonna be traded to some dumb team on draft day for a higher pick. Glad it wont be us because hes now injury prone, but I know it would be us if we were in that position

Last edited:

I don't get this blame Melo for "forcing a trade" idea....

He didn't force a trade, Dolan did.

He just made it clear that he wanted out of a small market team that has never and would never go anywhere. That happens almost every season with one player or another.

Melo didn't want us to trade away more assets than necessary, that was Dolan.

Dolan played poker with another NYC billionaire for the first time and lost horribly. Dolan forced Walsh to trade all of those pieces and extend Carmelo's contract, Melo didn't put a gun to their heads.

Let's not forget, this is what had Dolan shook at the time....

View media item 819326
A player's job is to protect their financial stability, an owner's job is to protect his team's. Both parties are supposed to meet in the middle and come to a conclusion that benefits both sides. If a deal is detrimental to the team, blame the ownership, not the player. They don't have the power to sign checks and trade players, that's all front office.

If you're going to hold it against Carmelo for "forcing" his way here in a bad trade, then you might as well blame him for:

- Giving Allan "Joe Johnson" Houston a hundred million dollar contract.
- Allowing Isiah to run wild with the franchise for 10 years.
- Drafting Jordan Hill (when we already had 6 similar players) over DeMar Derozan and Ty Lawson.....as well as all of our other draft debacles.
- Signing Amar'e to an UNINSURED hundred million dollar contract when NO ONE else in the league would.
- Amnestying Chauncey as soon as the damn rule came into place, instead of keeping it in our pocket and using it on Amar'e to free up tons of cap space.
- Letting Walsh go.
- Trading now valuable picks and Novak for injury prone and inconsistent, no defense playing, Bargnani.
- Not replacing Woodson.

Our team is a joke and has been that way for years, it's not Carmelo Anthony's fault.

League GMs either laugh at us in closed circles or discuss ways to fleece us of our assets...if you're mad at Carmelo for the way that he came to this team, your anger is misplaced.

Last edited:
Y'know I don't think you can really strive for and appreciate the great moments till you've experienced some pain. You have to feel what you never want to feel again.

You're not wrong with most of what you're saying.. the team's dysfunction isn't his fault. I just never liked how he came to NY. I know he wasn't the one to make the trade, but to me.. it was obvious Melo wanted to be here and despite the threat of BK, if Melo just stayed quiet about his free agency, he could have just come here in the offseason if he wanted to be here that badly.

Like I said, I know it's a little unfair and the REST of the struggles can't be blamed on Melo, but I can't help but think about it every now and then.

Regardless, the team is and has been a disaster due to Dolan. Even competent GMs like Donnie don't make a difference long term when you have to answer to Dolan.

Back
Top Bottom