Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wouldn't even be mad if Melo went to the Bulls.

We're not winning a title whether he's here or not, so it's not like his departure would impede us from getting a title. He'd have teammates and a coach that he deserves during his final prime years to try ousting Miami and dethroning Lebron for one title. And instead of unfairly going down in nba history as a ballhog loser, he has the chance to be remembered as a champion.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wouldn't even be mad if Melo went to the Bulls.

We're not winning a title whether he's here or not, so it's not like his departure would impede us from getting a title. He'd have teammates and a coach that he deserves during his final prime years to try ousting Miami and dethroning Lebron for one title.

People say this sort of stuff as if Derrick Rose never missed almost 2 full seasons. I don't think Melo to the Bulls means title. Now, Melo to the Clippers is a totally different scenario.

Last edited:
I said it knowingly, it's a chance he's gotta take though. We won't do **** next year except move expiring contracts for bad long term deals when we should just let them run out.

It's either that or somehow persuade Carmelo after coming off what will probably be his best individual season of his career to waste another precious prime year to wait for cap space so he can maybe get other teammates to jump on board.

Having an injury prone second option is a risk, but so is waiting for free agents. Lebron seems to be doing fine taking the former risk.

Last edited:
And Melo to the clippers has zero possibility of happening now that Sterlings poster boy Blake has finally taken his game to another level.

Even then there's no guarantee of any team ever winning a title. People thought the heat were gunna just cruise to not 6 championships. First year L to Dallas, 2nd chip, and last year they needed 3 miracles in game 6.

We're not winning a title whether he's here or not, so it's not like his departure would impede us from getting a title. He'd have teammates and a coach that he deserves during his final prime years to try ousting Miami and dethroning Lebron for one title. And instead of unfairly going down in nba history as a ballhog loser, he has the chance to be remembered as a champion.
Think this is pretty much the general consensus. 

Not that any of us want to lose him but if he does, it would be ridiculous to knock him given what he's seen from our organization the last couple years. 

i can't stand Chris Broussard ...

i personally hope Melo stays and tries to do it here. dude would be god here, willis reed would be asked to clean out his locker ... i'd seriously hate to see him go do it somewhere else, especially in Chicago ...

While I agree that I wouldn't be mad if Melo went to Chicago, he also has to consider the fact that one isn't enough in Chicago. You win one ring over there and it'll be nice, and he'll finally be considered a winner. But they aren't building him a statue. Win one in NY and he can name his reward. He'll be a made man for the rest of his life.

i can't stand Chris Broussard ...

i personally hope Melo stays and tries to do it here. dude would be god here, willis reed would be asked to clean out his locker ... i'd seriously hate to see him go do it somewhere else, especially in Chicago ...
same here homie

i wouldn't be ok with him going to chicago

Dope, we could go to the playoffs, guys.

and get swept out the first round, can't wait.

Season's over guys, just because we won a (very good) game against the Timberwolves, doesn't mean we'll make the playoffs. & even if we do, we're not doing anything but leaving in the first round...don't do this to yourself, guys :lol:

While I agree that I wouldn't be mad if Melo went to Chicago, he also has to consider the fact that one isn't enough in Chicago. You win one ring over there and it'll be nice, and he'll finally be considered a winner. But they aren't building him a statue. Win one in NY and he can name his reward. He'll be a made man for the rest of his life.

This is true....
If he wins here he will be immortalized...

But he knew that , he tried, but he is going further from that goal than towards it... Gotta get in where you fit in... Imagine all your class mates getting that prestegious ring but you are the only guy without one. I'd be heated if I was him.

My mother was like "I love melo so I'm willing to let him go for his own good" :lol: I could only think about when they say "if you really care about a girl, you would let her go"

This is true....
If he wins here he will be immortalized...

But he knew that , he tried, but he is going further from that goal than towards it... Gotta get in where you fit in... Imagine all your class mates getting that prestegious ring but you are the only guy without one. I'd be heated if I was him.

My mother was like "I love melo so I'm willing to let him go for his own good"
laugh.gif
I could only think about when they say "if you really care about a girl, you would let her go"
laugh.gif

and then realizing that if she knew better, she could, and probably should, do better
mean.gif

If Melo stays we're not going to win a championship.

If Melo leaves we're not going to win a championship.

Whats the difference? Might as well be happy letting him go now and starting over as soon as possible, instead of starting over 4-5 years from now when he's 35.

The pessimism of Knick fans, ny, is what makes it impossible to win here. U think the spurs deal with the same pressure from their fans .

I listen to sports talk radio all night and the stupidity I hear on there proves my point. It'll never change so I'll just drink my coffee and shake my head.

:smh:

If Melo stays we're not going to win a championship.

If Melo leaves we're not going to win a championship.

Whats the difference? Might as well be happy letting him go now and starting over as soon as possible, instead of starting over 4-5 years from now when he's 35.

This is NYC. There's no such thing as "starting over 4-5 years from now". If you can move Tyson Chandler--I'd do it for some draft picks. Change coaches and a whole new staff and you got a fresh start.

This season has started off on the wrong foot and we need a change from the top down.

I think there's more coming than we expect (not in a bad way either).

We'd be lucky if we can trade Chandler straight up for a 2nd rounder, dudes talking about trading him for "some picks" :lol:

^ out of the 3 overpaid contracts tyson is the easiest to move...but to be honest the knicks dont need to make a trade because they have 3 expirings bargs, amare and tyson...if they want to rebuild this team with or without melo they need to keep the team as is and sign free agents in 2015...the only way this team makes a trade right now is to trade our 3 expirings for star players like rondo or kyrie if they are tradable or draft picks... trying to get role players like eric gordon or jeff teague is a lateral move... its no guarantee we get a superstar in 2015 but at least we have money just in case and the most important thing is getting a new coach this summer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom