Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Ya'll talking like Phil Jackson would even want to re-sign Melo (he's never been a fan of his game) or even take a chance on teaching J.R. smith the triangle offense. :lol:

If he takes the position and Melo does re-sign, he almost has to coach next year just to get things started correctly. Then hand it off to an understudy.

I don't think PJ needs to coach Melo to "teach" him how to play in a triangle. Melo is already a willing defender and that took awhile for him to show effort on defense. Melo is at a juncture in his career where he know he needs to listen to the right people if he wants to win. Brining in PJ is a step in the right direction. We need to give Melo more credit than that.

JR Smith is another story though. I was being very optimistic when I was talking about him. I actually think Kerr is already an "understudy" and he knows more than we do. PJ always think 3-4 steps ahead.

We do need to re-tool out lineup and more versatility--particularly in our front court. Speaking of the backcourt--I think PJ would be a great "Teacher" for Shumpert; we know he has the tools to be a solid NBA player, just needs the right "zen" :lol:

One thing is for sure--If PJ is head of the Knicks, the players will be well read.

Last edited:
1. Hire Phil
2. Make playoffs as 8th seed
3. 1999 all over again
4. Hire JVG (he brings in SVG). Woodson can stay.
5. Resign Melo
6. Sign Derek Fisher for that veteran leadership :smokin
7. Trade Bargnani for Pau Gasol :smokin

Last edited:
I don't got anything against Steve Kerr, what is wrong with yall? :lol: Coolest white guy next to EJ on that family of NBAtv/TNT telecasters.

Not that I'm buying in to any of this Phil Jackson talk until it's official.

Also, yeah, I'd like Ewing to get the head coaching job just cuz. He's got the experience, give him the chance.

**** Woodson. I don't want him here under any circumstance. New start, lets get rid of all of the garbage. He's a limited coach.

Would love PJ to come here, Im actually surprised he would even entertain an offer from Dolan, In the past he hasn't hidden the fact that he thinks the FRanchise is in a mess

I don't got anything against Steve Kerr, what is wrong with yall? :lol: Coolest white guy next to EJ on that family of NBAtv/TNT telecasters.

Not that I'm buying in to any of this Phil Jackson talk until it's official.

Also, yeah, I'd like Ewing to get the head coaching job just cuz. He's got the experience, give him the chance.

**** Woodson. I don't want him here under any circumstance. New start, lets get rid of all of the garbage. He's a limited coach.

Steve Kerr goes in on the Knicks quite a bit during broadcast :lol:

I'm neutral on him though.

Kerr don't eem like us. How the **** his name is being brought up?!
It's well known that if the Kings had relocated to Seattle, Phil would have been the GM/President of Basketball Ops and Kerr was going to coach the team.

Steve Kerr dumps on us repeatedly every time he's doing one of our games
laugh.gif

I'm waiting, very, very patiently to see what comes next.  Phil is supposed to give us a decision by today, so I'm gonna reserve judgement until anything becomes official. 

It's a quirky idea and came out of way the **** nowhere, but it's so damn intriguing I can't help but want. 

Been listening to the media all morning and i'm convinced now this won't work. They don't want it to work, doesn't make them any money if Phil comes here and turns it around. They want a disaster and will do their best to get it. Sucks but thats why nyc is the toughest job, only works with low key guys or nobodies. ...

Sucks :smh:

Steve Kerr has a respectable resume:

Coached by Phil Jackson
Played with Jordan
Won 'chips

Im willing to give him a shot. It cant be worse than this season.

I'll be listening to Joe and Evan all day. Francesa too.

They're already saying, is his heart into it or does he just want money? I'm assuming Phil Jackson is loaded and not worried about money at 68. He's fiancé is loaded too. :smh:

We could have Jesus Christ and Moses coming in to control the Knicks and the ny media would still find a negative lol

Nothing surprises me anymore

Wait...Melo in the triangle offense? It's an offense predicated on crisp and timely passing.

Wait...Melo in the triangle offense? It's an offense predicated on crisp and timely passing.

if you actually watch the knicks, melo is a pretty good passer. the problem is that everybody likes to stand and watch him when he gets the ball, instead of running a play. when he does pass it, they just dont seem to knock down shots. hes a willing passer and defender, but the team gets so stagnant and thats where i blame woody. i mean doesnt he see that or does he just like watching melo go one on one...

^

Yeah, soon as someone suggests that in 2014 Melo isn't a good passer, can't play D or doesn't give effort, I automatically assume they're not actually watching the games/deciphering for themselves. 

Back
Top Bottom