Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Y'all gotta stop with this JVG...getting all of us too hyped only to be shot down in the end :lol: a feeling we all know too well :smh:

Was just about to come in here to talk about jVG.

It would be amazing to bring him back. When he admitted his mistake of quitting a few months ago, I thought that was the first step towards a potential Van Gundy reunion. Apparently, Dolan and him have buried the hatchet as well.

JVG would be a great fit, would make sure players are held accountable. I can guarantee you Smith's minutes would drastically decrease because of his continued bone headed shots and lack of basketball IQ.

However, I don't think he would come in mid-season. He's from a family of coaches and wouldn't sidestep proper protocol.

To get Van Gundy, I think we'd have to wait till the off season.

I always forget that Byron Scott isn't coaching. I always liked him but do you guys think he'd fit here ?

Last edited:
Hell no to Scott

Not that I think he's a bad coach, but we need a dude whose speciality is being an Xs and Os bball nerd

Last edited:
@FisolaNYDN: As for the "report" about Jeff Van Gundy returning to the Knicks, first consider the source. Exactly.

:lol:

NY-CS400_SP_KNI_G_20131202172646.jpg

How Far Can the Knicks Fall Before Woodson Changes?
Coach Could Shake Things Up to Jolt Spiraling Team

The nature of Sunday's loss, like so many others, raised a question: How many defeats will it take the coach to change something about his approach?

After all, it's unclear what, if anything, makes the Knicks a noteworthy team. Their stagnant, isolation-driven offense ranks 23rd in efficiency. The lackluster defense, despite Woodson's supposed focus and expertise on that side of the ball, is third-worst in the league as it deals with the loss of center Tyson Chandler to injury. And while Carmelo Anthony, the league's reigning scoring champion, is playing hard each night, his 42.3% shooting percentage is a career-low.

Woodson deserves scrutiny for each of these issues. He has inexplicably departed from the tenets of last year's offense: having two point guards on the floor, and putting Anthony in the post as a power forward. The alignments, which aided the team's ball movement and helped create spacing—the Knicks went 15-1 when Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni started together last season, the best mark of any starting duo in the NBA over the past 30 seasons, according to Stats, LLC—helped the Knicks break NBA three-point shooting records.

But that style is currently nowhere to be found. Woodson has played two point guards together for just 84 of the team's 773 minutes this year—none of which have come during the losing streak. In fact, during a pair of road contests with Detroit and Washington, the Knicks had no point guard on the court at all to close out the game.

i mean what does it ******g take for this man to get fired?

that **** says it all right there!!!

JVG and patrick chewing?! You guys never change... same damn convo when d'antoni was here. We gotta accept it 4 what it is.

so am i the only one secretly wanting the Knicks to lose on thursday? It would pretty much seal Woodson's firing.......

A: There are days I wish it would ring and there are days I don’t want it to ring. I mean, I watch the Knicks play and I wouldn’t want to be in that hell for a million dollars. It’s just New York City and the Garden and the immensity of the pressure. I think Mike Woodson is standing up to it with tremendous integrity.

George Karl just said this. Isola tweeted it. Karl ******* on the Knicks

Last edited:
so am i the only one secretly wanting the Knicks to lose on thursday? It would pretty much seal Woodson's firing.......

No way Woodson gets fired this season. Dolan was already on record saying he backs him up 100%. Dolan NEVER takes interviews or goes the record for anything. Him taking that interview and saying what he had to say about the Knicks and Woodson means a LOT. I think the reason why Woodson won't get fired is because of his relationship with CAA and CAA's relationship with the Knicks and James Dolan. CAA has their hands all over this and something tells me we're in for a much bumpier ride than the Zeke train. This CAA non-sense seems much more dangerous and influential than Isaiah Thomas could've ever been.

I think Woodson will eventually resign because of the all the heat he'll get from the media and fans. This season is a wash anyway. There is no way we can recover from this mess and still have a winning record. Not unless the rest of the division continues to play horrible and we somehow pick it up. We need to pray to God that Melo stays and brings someone else with him, or else we're looking down the road of another long decade of mediocrity and disappointment.

I'm beginning to think Donnie saw all this coming and bounced as soon as **** hit the fan.

Y'all still don't get it. At the end of the day, Dolan has to be the first to go. He gets final say

Back
Top Bottom