Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
All my NYK brethren should catch this guy on Olbermann with his NBA Get a Grip segment.

Pretty much what I've been saying about rumors, speculation, and sources but still :lol: :pimp:

All my NYK brethren should catch this guy on Olbermann with his NBA Get a Grip segment.

Pretty much what I've been saying about rumors, speculation, and sources but still
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
ignore it and wait until things fall into place

Should go to realGM forums and read that epic "carl" thread... It's under the BK nets. Nothing but lulz in there. The whole community attack him and after he was right...... People asking for his personal emails for interview and ****.... LOL! Now he being treated as a GOD in those forums LOLOL!!

I follow his twitter 0_o

Never Beh I know how it is. My pops has the same gripes with Melo as well :lol: Idk I'm borderline delusion ally optimistic but I think we can steal 1 this decade.

Never Beh I know how it is. My pops has the same gripes with Melo as well
laugh.gif
Idk I'm borderline delusion ally optimistic but I think we can steal 1 this decade.
My thing is, there has to be more and he has to be either a bigger star than Melo or they put a really, really good supporting cast around him. Thing is, they have a 4-5 year window to do it and idk. I'd go after KD and fight like a dog for Rondo.

Give me KD everyday of the week. Would be dope having him in NYC.

The system comments I made yesterday I think will help weed out some of the stagnancy and poor shot selection. In the triangle, everyone has to be a passer (Yes I started reading Phil's book yesterday lol), and Idk that kind of structure and motion around Melo should help improve his style of play. He won't be allowed to just chuck quick long 3s or pointless iso's. We'll need major help up front to win a ring. Need a shot blocker, a bruiser and someone that can get buckets on the block. But I think the biggest thing for a team winning a ring nowadays is having a system and group of guys that buy into it. Look at San Antonio, the Lakers and the Pistons when they won a few years back. Guys that go in there every night with a job that they adhere too. You look at the Knicks and other scrub teams and it's been spread the floor, run a pick and roll and hope the defense breaks down. That works sometimes (or if you have elite guards) but it isn't enough to grind out a game. Kinda rambling here, but it's early so whatever :lol:

Last edited:
Melo really has no other realistic options besides ny.losing respect for dude cause hes clearly waiting on what lebron will do smh.

A 5 year window sounds good until you realize how fast that can dry up, especially with guys aging.

Next year is a throwaway whether we make the playoffs or not.

2015 means we have to find someone that can make a major contribution or somehow find the proper combo of guys without having supreme star power.

Then you get 4 years to reach the promise land....hopefully avoiding early exits from the playoffs and fighting off Father Time.

the best case scenario i would say is get pau this summer, get marc next summer and durant in 2015... but this is if we got the cap space... this is looking to far ahead but i like to dream :lol:

Give me KD everyday of the week. Would be dope having him in NYC.

The system comments I made yesterday I think will help weed out some of the stagnancy and poor shot selection. In the triangle, everyone has to be a passer (Yes I started reading Phil's book yesterday lol), and Idk that kind of structure and motion around Melo should help improve his style of play. He won't be allowed to just chuck quick long 3s or pointless iso's. We'll need major help up front to win a ring. Need a shot blocker, a bruiser and someone that can get buckets on the block. But I think the biggest thing for a team winning a ring nowadays is having a system and group of guys that buy into it. Look at San Antonio, the Lakers and the Pistons when they won a few years back. Guys that go in there every night with a job that they adhere too. You look at the Knicks and other scrub teams and it's been spread the floor, run a pick and roll and hope the defense breaks down. That works sometimes (or if you have elite guards) but it isn't enough to grind out a game. Kinda rambling here, but it's early so whatever
laugh.gif
That's easier said than done though
A 5 year window sounds good until you realize how fast that can dry up, especially with guys aging.

Next year is a throwaway whether we make the playoffs or not.

2015 means we have to find someone that can make a major contribution or somehow find the proper combo of guys without having supreme star power.

Then you get 4 years to reach the promise land....hopefully avoiding early exits from the playoffs and fighting off Father Time.
That's the thing, there are no guarantees and for the Knicks, they're banking on too much "what ifs" to get to championship level contenders. Carmelo I think, will get old faster than you think.

Melo really has no other realistic options besides ny.losing respect for dude cause hes clearly waiting on what lebron will do smh.

he could still end up in chi. even though its almost certain hes gonna stay, chi is the only real threat. hes not gonna go to the lakers, because theyre worse off than we are. i forgot who i was listening to last night, but the guy was talking about how the nyc lifestyle is what attracts melo. the shows, offcourt opportunities, etc. houston and dallas dont offer that, he says he wants to win, so that disqualifies the lakers, even though they are an attractive destination.

nonetheless, apparently hes making a formal announcement today, but we know how that goes :rolleyes

i also find it interesting that bron met with pat riley and didnt come out with any commitment to resign. does that mean hes for sure on his way out? i mean miami was the last team he was gonna meet with. typically, the last team is who a FA will compare the rest to. imo, cleveland would be a much better team to go to than stay with miami, pay wade and hope he stays healthy. getting other FAs to sign wouldnt be that hard, but a bunch of randoms with no chemistry isnt gonna bring them another championship this season.

Back
Top Bottom