NYU professor supposedly fired over giving James Franco a "D" in class.

Originally Posted by iYen

James took D all the time in Milk.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

tumblr_lpvwxkLsta1qg99cco1_500.jpg
BULL @%@%

Here's what that NYU professor should have stated...if you get these actors to come to your class and "pretend" to be a student while on the side their getting a pass from the university institution not only does that show a dishonesty in the academic system as well as to have other true students have to do all the work and earn their grade but it cheapens the institutions name and reputation.  This is sort of akin to how certain celebs get honorary black belts in certain martial arts for whatever reason.

It's like "hey come over to X university... X celebrity went here...oh your not a celebrity? Well you'll just have to earn your grade then...toodoloo"

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

tumblr_lpvwxkLsta1qg99cco1_500.jpg
BULL @%@%

Here's what that NYU professor should have stated...if you get these actors to come to your class and "pretend" to be a student while on the side their getting a pass from the university institution not only does that show a dishonesty in the academic system as well as to have other true students have to do all the work and earn their grade but it cheapens the institutions name and reputation.  This is sort of akin to how certain celebs get honorary black belts in certain martial arts for whatever reason.

It's like "hey come over to X university... X celebrity went here...oh your not a celebrity? Well you'll just have to earn your grade then...toodoloo"
Agreed 100%.

And folks are foolish to believe that Franco LEGITIMATELY pulled this off....there is no @$%#@$% way.  NYU is pimping him...and he's reciprocating as well. 

the dude that did spider man is the dude that did pineapple express?
mind = blown
never knew til now
laugh.gif
dudes a good actor
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

62 credit hours per quarter? How does that work?

regular folks would have to petition (and likely get rejected)...but this is JAMES FRANCO!

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Why is James Franco in college  ?

Sons got like half dozen degree's and Im pretty sure hes even teaching a class somewhere.  Dudes just going ha
laugh.gif
@ Nikekid

And here's where the plot thickens...and also why I believe that the NYU professor was fired...NYU let James Franco teach one of their classes on how to adapt poems into short movies or something...Is he even qualified to teach?
You don't necessarily have to be a professor to teach a class. Many elective classes are taught by grad students

recent college grad checking in...i kno for a fact that 30 years experience, phd, and tenure, has ZERO effect on the quality of teaching. In engineering, some of those teachers were
sick.gif
and they've been around the industry
30t6p3b.gif
highway robbery in terms of value for education.

He took an acting class in Brooklyn College, wish I saw him on campus I'd light him up on some piff on the spot. I feel like hes doing this to get at coege bitties more than anything else.

I could see the professor winning in court, not like it would affect NYU too much $$ wise

Back
Top Bottom