O.J. Mayo reportdley received $30k worth of gifts from associates while attending USC. EDIT:OTL Vid

Guillory reportedly received about $200,000 in cash plus a $50,000 sports utility vehicle from Bill Duffy Associates, funneling about $30,000 to Mayo, who recently announced BDA vice president Calvin Andrews would be his agent as a pro.
This is actually the most telling thing to me. Did anyone else notice Johnson pause for a few seconds when asked who he knew had receivedbenefits? It wasn't because he was scared to say OJ's name...it was cause there are other kids RIGHT NOW getting money from Guillory.

If 30K went to Mayo...there's no doubt in my mind that handfuls of players in HS and college are getting hundreds here and there and other gifts. Johnsonjust didn't feel it was his place to say who at that time...but it seemed fairly obvious that he knows who else is benefiting. OJ is already a Pro...andhe's been tracked since at least 13...better believe BDA & Associates are already onto the next crop of stars...whether they're 14 or however old.

Similarly, Mayo while at USC was ordered to repay to charity the ticket price of a Lakers ticket he received from Carmelo Anthony, a Duffy-represented NBA player.
This is an unfair way of wording it on Melo's behalf. Melo has an "assistant" who handles his ticket requests...and Calvin Andrews(both of their agents) contacted that person wondering if he had any extra for the Laker game. Didn't specify who for, and it was the assistant'sbelief that the tickets were a corner view a few rows back from the court. Melo was entirely removed from the equation and had no knowledge of where"his" tickets would end up. Sure enough...Melo is warming up and OJ walks in to some front row seats.
laugh.gif
It's not like BDA came to Melodirectly and said..."Hey -- we want you to get some nice seats for OJ and if you could talk to him afterwards and direct him our way we'd appreciateit." They just asked for his free seats -- which is VERY common when players are allotted 2 tickets per road game...and sure enough they landed inOJ's hands.

Great story regarding Tito....surely tells you all you need to know about Guillory. If you even read the SLAM cover story last September it seemed fairlyobvious some stuff was going down.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

I think Lenny Cooke still owes his agent money.

laugh.gif

A Lenny Cooke sighting??

And why is this tread still going. It's not like this doesn't happen around the country. Wasn't LeBron pushing a hummer before he graduated??
OJ kicked dude out the crew. Dude snitchin. It's on ESPN.

Lebron wasn't in college...and was never headed there. Different rules involved

Mayo sticking with that Clemens defense
laugh.gif

[h1]Report: Ohio prep association says Mayo's high school will keep titles[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

On the same day former USC player O.J. Mayo again denied accepting improper benefits, the Ohio High School Athletic Association said his team could keep its state titles.

OHSAA assistant commissioner Bob Goldring told the Cincinnati Enquirer that a bylaw says that eligibillity concerns must be raised within 42 days following the last state championship. Mayo led North College Hill to championships in 2005 and '06.

Louis Johnson, a former associate of Mayo's, told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" that Mayo received about $30,000 and other benefits while in high school and during his one season at USC.

Mayo reiterated to the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday that he didn't do anything improper.

"My family hasn't accepted anything, so I'm just waiting for the NCAA to do what they have to do to prove that I haven't done anything wrong," Mayo said, according to the Times. "I have nothing to hide, so I'm willing to do whatever to hurry the process."

As for Johnson's accusations, Mayo told the Times that he was "mad at the fact that he said I accepted some money. I have never received any cash from any agencies or anything. The money I've got, friends send it from home or my school check."

Back
Top Bottom