Oakland Athletics 2010 Season Thread (27-23) (@ Texas)

Carter for Chavez, Taylor for Buck, Championship.
pimp.gif

Oh, no.

Please, please be okay Daric.

Get Gio out now, please. He's falling apart. I don't want to see the Angels grab another run.

I always get scared when we have these type of scoring outburst. Kinda wish we saved some runs for the rest of the series
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I wonder how the lineup will shake-up once Coco is healthy, we just need to get Buck outta there.

Pennington
pimp.gif
(so far).

Big start for Ben Sheets tomorrow. He needs a dominant performance to set the tone for the rest of the rotation that we can make some noise. This team's success will come from our pitching.

Good game and good start to the season..

Tomorrow should be interesting. Sheets vs. Weaver

Chavez needs to go.. I'm sorry to say that. He's always been my favorite player but....
smh.gif

Buck is gone tomorrow right?

Anybody ever go to Rivercat games?   Whenever my cousins or Uncle get some tickets I go with them.

I'm honestly too superstitious to want Coco injected into the line-up. Even though I'd prefer him to over, say, Sweeney or Buck, we are just playing really good ball right now. Fortunately we won't have to worry about Coco coming into play for a bit longer.

Is it for sure that we're going to bring up Taylor and Carter this season? I thought they were going to be brought up next year right from spring training.

I think Ben will have another bearable start tomorrow, hopefully put us in a position to win. I don't expect him to get into strong form until the middle of the season, anyway.

My greater concern lies with Duscherer. Will he be able to pitch effectively and consistently this season? I have my doubts.

The way I see it, Chavez is having his last hurrah now. When he does go down finally, it will officially be the end of the 2000's Oakland Athletics, and with it the beginning of the new decade of A's baseball.

Does anyone else get irrationally nervous when we play the Angels? I always feel like they're going to blow us out of the water whenever we play them. The Mariners and Rangers don't worry me, but the Angels... *shudder* Hopefully this season changes that.

I checked my phone during the 7th innings and I was like wow, A's are killin' who's pitching? Then it was G.Gonzalez I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Gotta think big.
laugh.gif
  nice vid

Solid start from Gio, curve ball looked pretty nice

I love the aggressiveness on the basepaths, timely hitting with runners on, we're getting big hits now.

I gave my brother 5-1 odds on a $20 bet that Barton won't be hitting .300 by the All Star break...
eek.gif
he's looking good right now tho

They need to move Barton to the 3 spot, move Ellis up to 2, and call up somebody for Chavez's sorry butt

God damn it, this is intense. I guessed that Ben would struggle a bit tonight, and while we're still very much in a position to win, Weaver is throwing extremely well.

Hopefully we can run up his pitch count and get him out of there by the sixth so we have a chance at their bullpen.

Back
Top Bottom