Oakland Athletics 2010 Season Thread (27-23) (@ Texas)

I suppose that's true, huh...

Well, we can be a problem on the way to our seats
laugh.gif

Red Sox would be great,albeit the ticket prices are raised. Put Jumpman in an uncomfortable position and make it the Bay Bridge series.

Where's the official Angels thread? It was fun being in our season thread and the Mariner's, I want to keep that going with each opponent.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Red Sox would be great,albeit the ticket prices are raised. Put Jumpman in an uncomfortable position and make it the Bay Bridge series.

smh.gif

laugh.gif

sorry got to stick with my giants
laugh.gif

what do you guys think of gio gonzalez? my friend who is die hard a's fan keeps saying hes good but everytime i watch him he gets lit up. imo i dont think hes that good.

Oh yeah and Cust cleared waivers today. It'll be interesting to see if he accepts an assignment to Triple A after being so frustrated. Honestly, I want him no where near this team. I don't care how many HR's he hit for us the past 3 years, he is exactly what a baseball player shouldn't be (can't play defense, K's, slow, horrible avg, basically can't do anything but hit a HR here and there
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

what do you guys think of gio gonzalez? my friend who is die hard a's keeps saying hes good but everytime i watch him he gets lit up. imo i dont think hes that good.

The kid has all the talent in the world but hasn't put it together yet. In the past, he has had a HORRIBLE time trying to keep his composure. He'll have 3 solid innings, then one bad stretch and he'll completely lose it. I've heard he has worked on his composure a lot this spring, so I guess we'll see. I think he can be a solid 3 guy in the future but he has to learn to keep his cool out there and control his emotions. 

I also don't want Cust back. He seems to be the opposite of what this team is now, and frankly, we don't need him anymore. Power is nice, but defense, speed and average are nicer.

I'm almost about to give up on Gio. I feel like his destiny is to become a 4.00+ ERA pitcher with average to mediocre numbers. Of course, I'd love to be wrong and see him become a valuable starter for us.

As stated, Gio has the gift. In the words of my old baseball coach, he's just "a mental ******". Dude is like a high schooler out there, a couple of hits strung together, a couple of bad calls or errors, and he's done. They had him Mic'd up on 30 clubs in 30 days, and he just seems like a straight tool. I'm this close to giving up on him. Cahill has a bigger realistic upside IMO.

Wow, we scored early.

WOW, Gio looks good.

I'm crossing all fingers while simultaneously knocking on wood, now.

Doesn't Chavez look at least 20 pounds lighter now? The lack of steroids has finally caught up to him
laugh.gif

I'm loving the team chemistry we have right now. I just hope we can keep a steady pace and not overachieve like we did in 2005. I knew our pitching would be legit but our offense is really stepping it up. Henderson did a great job in spring training working on the team's base running. Loving the aggressive play right now!

Back
Top Bottom