Obama is gonna be a 1 term president in my opinion....

cuz if this cap and trade bill passes and everything becomes exorbitantly more expensive son is gonna get kicked outta da white house faster then

jazz jeff getting kicked out uncle phil's mansion.

discuss.

Who cares? he's black
smokin.gif

I mean its not like he took over during a time of extreme prosperity....Chuck Norris could be president and it would be

tough to see progress...a year into the presidency

It depends because so far I like him and just wish he was more firmer with Rep's. If he gets healthcare through and more before his second term he will bea 2 term. I would vote for him for term 2

recently, i have been thinking the same thing. why is he getting the nobel peace prize though? even he thinks he doesn't deserve it. he has not done muchchange, yet at least
ohwell.gif

He has a lot of things to deal with, but in my opinion, his doing fairly well with tackling one thing at a time. But he should be more firm with his foreignpolicies. China is playing us repeatedly.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

indifferent.gif
think about it like this duke, forget that obama listens to jay-z
laugh.gif

if you put a tax on carbon dioxide emissions, something that most other countries aren't gonna do and in my opinion is built on dubious science, yourgonna:

-increase da cost of electricity by a ton, over 80% of da US is run on coal.

-gas will essentially have a tax on it as well so da type of cars we drive be changed drastically.

-food will skyrocket, manufacturing companies looking to escape da taxes will leave overseas

-da lower & middle class would have all these cost passed on to them so they'll be hit hard.

and a bunch of other stuff...

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

recently, i have been thinking the same thing. why is he getting the nobel peace prize though? even he thinks he doesn't deserve it. he has not done much change, yet at least
ohwell.gif

its ironic, he wins a Nobel Peace prize, but at the same time he is sending more troops in to Afghanistan to fight a war.

I have no problem with a concerted effort to lower Carbon Emissions. I think it is pretty obvious that Human's carbon output has substaintially effectedthe Earth. I have more of a problem with basically how he seems to not have made an effort to fix No Child Left Behind, Sending more troops to the middle east,not really trying to take down the big buissnesses which lead to this recession in the first place. He has been treading too much in the spot that Bush hasleft since taking over office. What's scary is that you may be right, and we are prolly going to get another very conservative president.

Hopefully this will make people realize if they want change it is going to have to come from them, not the government. It was the people that used Grassrootstactics to elect Obama in the first place, ain't no reason that can't be applied toward actual change.

I think everyone needs to really focus on the amount of time hes been in office and the amount of time he has left.

This topic is 1.5 years/a scandal too early..

Originally Posted by yancancook90

recently, i have been thinking the same thing. why is he getting the nobel peace prize though? even he thinks he doesn't deserve it. he has not done much change, yet at least
ohwell.gif

its ironic, he wins a Nobel Peace prize, but at the same time he is sending more troops in to Afghanistan to fight a war.
i dont necessarily agree with the nobel peace prize, but he won it because he is trying to create a nuclear free world, and by stabilizingafghanistan and pakistan it will ideally prevent taliban from taking over... so *shrugs*

"The Taliban in both Pakistan and Afghanistan have made dangerous advances in the past few years, raising the specter of Al Qaeda having a larger havenfor training."

this area is the epicenter of terrorism, and you cant just withdraw troops from a place that is unstable. it would be a danger to the entire world.the troops he's sendings purpose is to "provide the tools for economic development and humanitarian aid to eliminate theextremist violence that is the enemy of peace, faith,democracy, tolerance, fundamental freedoms and human rights," Roemer. this whole plan isnation building, setting up schools and clinics... trying to introduce agriculture to export as opposed to opium (which funds taliban)...effectively obama istrying to introduce a viable government that can walk on it's own.

we're not leaving there anytime soon though, methinks.

i actually like the majority of the things that obama is doing, but idk.. if the stupak amendment passes and if the health care bill passes and there is aninsurance mandate on everyone....and this carbon emissions tax and if legal immigrants are not incuded in health carereform... it can get kinda crazy, a lot of the liberal people whovoted for him might be angry but unless a really liberal republican runs in 2012 then i thinkhe's in for the long haul.

ohwell.gif

It's funny yall people don't realize he didn't win the Nobel prize for his work as the President. He was nominated well before he was in office
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

ohwell.gif

i dont necessarily agree with the nobel peace prize, but he won it because he is trying to create a nuclear free world, and by stabilizing afghanistan and pakistan it will ideally prevent taliban from taking over... so *shrugs*

"The Taliban in both Pakistan and Afghanistan have made dangerous advances in the past few years, raising the specter of Al Qaeda having a larger haven for training."

this area is the epicenter of terrorism, and you cant just withdraw troops from a place that is unstable. it would be a danger to the entire world. the troops he's sendings purpose is to "provide the tools for economic development and humanitarian aid to eliminate the extremist violence that is the enemy of peace, faith,democracy, tolerance, fundamental freedoms and human rights," Roemer. this whole plan is nation building, setting up schools and clinics... trying to introduce agriculture to export as opposed to opium (which funds taliban)...effectively obama is trying to introduce a viable government that can walk on it's own.

we're not leaving there anytime soon though, methinks.

i actually like the majority of the things that obama is doing, but idk.. if the stupak amendment passes and if the health care bill passes and there is an insurance mandate on everyone....and this carbon emissions tax and if legal immigrants are not incuded in health care reform... it can get kinda crazy, a lot of the liberal people whovoted for him might be angry but unless a really liberal republican runs in 2012 then i think he's in for the long haul.
Very true simply. Most people don't realize how much of a threat both Afghanistan and Pakistan are...these countries are where the war shouldhave been the focal point of the war for a while now. War is inevitable and the fact that the American public does not believe so is what makes this countryso weak. War should be fought on a battlefield not in the headlines...that is a very big problem...the media controls the public mind. When one soldier dieseveryone cries for all of the troops to come back home.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Who cares? he's black
smokin.gif

sad part is, this is the mindset of 99.9999% of black folks. We were on the brink of revolution, they let Obama win this and now everyone is leant back likeFat Joe. He's another face, but he's doing the same #%%! Bush and Co. have been doing all along. One Big #%@ Mistake America.

Back
Top Bottom