October Wrestling Thread 2021 | ROH done?

While Bronson Rechsteiner might not be a household name right now, that could be about to change.

The son of Rick Steiner and nephew of Scott Steiner has reportedly been “heavily praised” by those backstage in WWE. Writing in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer notes that Rechsteiner, along with the Kasper Brothers and Bobby Steveson have been praised for their conditioning, attitude and how well they’ve picked things up.

“People are heavily praising the potential of the “real athletes” in camp right now, notably Bronson Rechsteiner, the son of Rick Steiner, and the Kasper Brothers, who were great college wrestlers, as well as Bobby Steveson, the older brother of Gable Steveson. Bobby Steveson is supposed to start officially on the roster at the next camp. But all were praised for how well they were picking things up, conditioning and attitude. Parker Boudreaux, who has a lot of attention due to his similarities physically with Brock Lesnar, was distinctly not mentioned as being in the same category as the others.”

Kinda like that NXT is going back to actual development, outside of stupidly having Gargano and Chompers still.

A&W has taken over the role of Old NXT where they are the place for the indie darlings.

Different types of shows to watch all week. Good for wrestling fans.

A recent study of Nielsen ratings by Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics revealed pro wrestling viewership by race from July 1, 2021 to September 12 2021. The study was done in response to AEW President Tony Khan’s claim to Bloomberg that median income was higher among AEW viewers than it was among WWE viewers.

“Median income for AEW viewers is higher than it is for WWE, I confirmed with a non-AEW source, as Tony Khan alluded to on Bloomberg's podcast,” said Thurston on Twitter.

“WWE has higher viewership, though, from POC by %. And at least within ages 18-49, AEW viewership is more male than WWE's audience.”

Among the top wrestling shows on television (WWE Raw, WWE SmackDown, WWE NXT, IMPACT on AXS, AEW Dynamite and AEW Rampage), both AEW flagship shows maintain the highest percentage of white viewership. Dynamite and Rampage were the only shows in the study that boasted white viewership of over 60%, with 68% for Dynamite and 63% for Rampage. Black viewership by percentage for both programs (16% for Dynamite and 13% for Rampage) came in at the lowest among all shows

AEW’s success with white viewers should hardly come as a surprise given the makeup of its most prioritized stars. From Sting, to Kenny Omega to MJF and Jungle Boy, AEW’s biggest stars from the past, present and future are predominately white. With no black top stars to speak of in the Jacksonville-based promotion, black viewers are choosing not to watch AEW as frequently as other promotions that have excelled when it comes to representation. B Sox B Sox

layziegunts layziegunts B Sox B Sox Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

Last edited:
tenor.gif

For those watching the show now, enjoy.

I'll check it out later tonight or tomorrow.

I think Reigns/Balor has potential to be #damngood.

ill be watching extreme rules in the background while i watch my niners.

it shouldnt be THAT bad besides the womens matches. then again I never have high expectations for wwe shows so anything decent is a plus.

Anyone else's stream have the English and Spanish commentary going at the same time?..My tv and laptop stream have both..

Back
Top Bottom