Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I cannot imagine arguing with a Jordan fan when he was playing :sick::sick::sick:

We think Lebron is bad lol. These ****** were literally trying to be Jordan. He was their dad :lol:

Jordan Brand sub forum?

Anyway, I’m just bored stuck in traffic. I don’t even remember what the squabble was about yesterday. All I know is no one’s going to make me feel bad about liking Jordan and his shoes on a sub forum dedicated to just that. Carry on.

I cannot imagine arguing with a Jordan fan when he was playing :sick::sick::sick:

We think Lebron is bad lol. These *****s were literally trying to be Jordan. He was their dad :lol:

I grew up during the MJ era. Albeit, social media wasn't as significant of a presence as it is now, but it wasn't THIS bad. Believe it or not, most people LIKED MJ. Prior to him getting his first ring, things were MUCH different. There was tons of criticism, especially around the notion that he may never win a title. But when he started to win, the script changed completely.

Knicks, Pacers and Pistons fan didn't like him so much though :lol:

I grew up during the MJ era. Albeit, social media wasn't as significant of a presence as it is now, but it wasn't THIS bad. Believe it or not, most people LIKED MJ. Prior to him getting his first ring, things were MUCH different. There was tons of criticism, especially around the notion that he may never win a title. But when he started to win, the script changed completely.

lol I would give anything just to see how the grown men today(children or teens then) were acting when he was winning.

I'm old enough to remember MJ's entire career. And this is a good summary. I'd stress that he wasn't just liked - it seemed like he was utterly adored by almost everyone (aside from the aforementioned non-Bulls fans). Seemed like he could do no wrong, particularly once the titles started piling up. People want to BE MJ - hence those Be Like Mike commercials. I really can't imagine an ad campaign like that around any figure in today's sports world. "Be Like Lebron" would be appreciated by some, I guess, but laughed at by many.

EDIT: to not be totally off topic - this is why his shoes were and are still popular. He was such a cultural phenomenon.

If there was social media back then, both the "flu game" and "retirement" would have been exposed. :nerd:

Don't forget the cavs. The Cavalier Killer.

Don't know what the original argument was but I remember other team fans may not have like MJ, but they respected the hell outta him which is somewhat lost these days. It seems like if you don't like someone today you have to completely disrespect them. I hate Lebron but I respect the hell outta his game.

Im born & bred Chicago so I can't speak for others, but I think that old skool respect for MJ is why ppl outside of chicago still wear his shoes & jersey & watch his videos.

If there was social media back then, both the "flu game" and "retirement" would have been exposed. :nerd:
Hold on, his retirement exposed? His fater was gunned down & murdered & you think he retired & used his dead father as an excuse to fool ppl? wtf?

Yes I know that report. There is NO proof that it was a silent suspension. And him mentioning if stern would let him back was a joke & ppl laughed at the conference, a joke like when he said if the bulls will have me back. A joke beacuse he WAS the leauges CASH COW & of course stern would have him back. & some guy claiming he overheard Jordan having a convo with an unknown person on betting on an unknown game?

Just think logically about this. Even if Jordan was betting, Stern would NEVER, NEVER make him retire.

Yes I know that report. There is NO proof that it was a silent suspension. And him mentioning if stern would let him back was a joke & ppl laughed at the conference, a joke like when he said if the bulls will have me back. A joke beacuse he WAS the leauges CASH COW & of course stern would have him back. & some guy claiming he overheard Jordan having a convo with an unknown person on betting on an unknown game?
I didn't say it was proof.. I said it was discussed in places other than the enquirer. I don't know if he was hungover for the flu game either but in an era of social media today there would be exposure if so.

...just think about it, if this conspiracy were true the real coverup would be stern hiding evidence of Jordan gambling on games in order to keep him in the NBA. Not running him out.

We think Lebron is bad lol. These *****s were literally trying to be Jordan. He was their dad :lol:

Blaspheemer. There should be a statue of Jordan in every stadium and players should be forced to touch it before every game to receive his blessing.

Back
Top Bottom