Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

1255475A-32F9-43DF-A951-333A8503F311.jpeg

Guys on your pairs does it show the full year or part of the 1990 ? Or are these all just made different . Mine from SNKRS

Attachments

• C029ED9E-F67F-4034-A0FE-5ED343337DE9.jpeg
    C029ED9E-F67F-4034-A0FE-5ED343337DE9.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 75
:rofl: Straight comedy in here LOL

So ... yeahhhhh. I don't normally give an F about any of these collabs, OW or otherwise (because I'm old and just want the OGs I had or wanted to have back then). I have no affection for Off White as a brand or Virgil as a designer, generally speaking. But the Muslin Vs have been haunting me, and that was just from pictures. They just look amazing, like a cartoon pop-art Air Jordan V brought to life, but in a subtle way. Just recently I was lamenting in here how I was never going to own them. I've also opined in the past about how, as much as I love sneakers, I'd never drop that kind of money on a single pair.

And then 10 days ago, I saw them in person in a sneaker boutique. ****. Somehow even better than I thought. After a day or three of ruminating on it, and having been wanting to clean out my shelves somewhat and free up space anyway, I wondered ... hold on, do I even have to dip into my actual pocket? So I pulled out some stuff I've owned for years, much of it worn and just collecting dust, all of it nothing I really care about much anymore And certainly nothing I will miss. To my local consignment shop and boutique I went.

Where there's a will, there's a way:
OW5.jpg

I'm ****ing ecstatic.

:rofl: Straight comedy in here LOL

So ... yeahhhhh. I don't normally give an F about any of these collabs, OW or otherwise (because I'm old and just want the OGs I had or wanted to have back then). I have no affection for Off White as a brand or Virgil as a designer, generally speaking. But the Muslin Vs have been haunting me, and that was just from pictures. They just look amazing, like a cartoon pop-art Air Jordan V brought to life, but in a subtle way. Just recently I was lamenting in here how I was never going to own them. I've also opined in the past about how, as much as I love sneakers, I'd never drop that kind of money on a single pair.

And then 10 days ago, I saw them in person in a sneaker boutique. ****. Somehow even better than I thought. After a day or three of ruminating on it, and having been wanting to clean out my shelves somewhat and free up space anyway, I wondered ... hold on, do I even have to dip into my actual pocket? So I pulled out some stuff I've owned for years, much of it worn and just collecting dust, all of it nothing I really care about much anymore And certainly nothing I will miss. To my local consignment shop and boutique I went.

Where there's a will, there's a way:
OW5.jpg

I'm ****ing ecstatic.
So dope. I love my pair too. They just hit so right. Your going to need the set though. Grab the whites while prices are still reasonable or you'll regret it. I like the blacks best but my God the sails look so good in hand. They pop for sure.

So dope. I love my pair too. They just hit so right. Your going to need the set though. Grab the whites while prices are still reasonable or you'll regret it. I like the blacks best but my God the sails look so good in hand. They pop for sure.
It's funny you say that. The same shop I saw the Muslins in that pushed me hard off the cliff also had the Sails. I picked them up and looked at them for a good while. In some ways I see the appeal, but they just don't light my fuse remotely enough to pay even $600 for them. I think it's the piss yellow eyelets most of all. I actually like the yellowed sole on the Muslins given the overall aged look--they look like a cartoon interpretation of a well-used pair of metallic Vs--but the Sails are just too yellow for me. I have two pairs of the recent Fire Red V retro, and I'm happier with those than I would be the Sail OWs. But it's all whatever speaks to you, and like I said, I can see the appeal. There's just something about these Muslins that, for me, puts them in another galaxy than anything else similar, be it other OWs or Union Jordan releases.

It's funny you say that. The same shop I saw the Muslins in that pushed me hard off the cliff also had the Sails. I picked them up and looked at them for a good while. In some ways I see the appeal, but they just don't light my fuse remotely enough to pay even $600 for them. I think it's the piss yellow eyelets most of all. I actually like the yellowed sole on the Muslins given the overall aged look--they look like a cartoon interpretation of a well-used pair of metallic Vs--but the Sails are just too yellow for me. I have two pairs of the recent Fire Red V retro, and I'm happier with those than I would be the Sail OWs. But it's all whatever speaks to you, and like I said, I can see the appeal. There's just something about these Muslins that, for me, puts them in another galaxy than anything else similar, be it other OWs or Union Jordan releases.
No doubt. You like what you like, I appreciate that. I hated the sails , but turned tide when I hit a pair and got them in hand. I couldn't have one without the other and definitely wouldn't pay resell for them. I did pay resell for the muslins when they bottomed for 615. Glad I did. Enjoy the kicks my dude.

No doubt. You like what you like, I appreciate that. I hated the sails , but turned tide when I hit a pair and got them in hand. I couldn't have one without the other and definitely wouldn't pay resell for them. I did pay resell for the muslins when they bottomed for 615. Glad I did. Enjoy the kicks my dude.
Thanks, brotha. Had I hit on the Sails for retail, that might be another story. I am now kicking myself for not just buying the Muslins when they bottomed, but I actually thought they'd go lower, and then almost overnight they shot way back up. I didn't even think about it hard enough at the time to realize I had plenty of **** I didn't want anymore to unload for them, until now when I started trying to clean out and slim down my inventory regardless of anything else a couple of weeks ago. Ah well, you win some, you lose some. Enjoy all of yours as well!

Thanks, brotha. Had I hit on the Sails for retail, that might be another story. I am now kicking myself for not just buying the Muslins when they bottomed, but I actually thought they'd go lower, and then almost overnight they shot way back up. I didn't even think about it hard enough at the time to realize I had plenty of **** I didn't want anymore to unload for them, until now when I started trying to clean out and slim down my inventory regardless of anything else a couple of weeks ago. Ah well, you win some, you lose some. Enjoy all of yours as well!
Yeah so true. I never thought they'd go as low as they did especially being an all star weekend shoe. But covid hit and drug the prices way down. That's when I bought em.

Back
Top Bottom