Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

They said at the moment they only have a size 14 box they could send but if I could be patient. They will work on finding a size 13 if at all possible. No guarantees. I guess if I have to I'll take the 14 push come to shove and have to remove the 14 tag and my 13 tag(very carefully) and reglue the 13 tag to the OG box. The guy was really nice and super cool on the phone. I told him the fact they took the time to call and even walk back and look was amazing and I'm very grateful. I'm optimistic they'll be able to find a 13 and send me the correct box. Even though I know this is extremely rare to borderline impossible.

Wonder if they have blue laces cause I got played

Very strange experience with GOAT. I had a bid accepted at 5 pm yesterday. They have already made it to GOAT, been authenticated, and are on their way to me. UPS app has 2 packages from GOAT scheduled to be delivered on 6/7. When I click on one of the tracking numbers in the app that says “order processing ready for UPS” it changes to “delivered 6/5/17”. What?

Very strange experience with GOAT. I had a bid accepted at 5 pm yesterday. They have already made it to GOAT, been authenticated, and are on their way to me. UPS app has 2 packages from GOAT scheduled to be delivered on 6/7. When I click on one of the tracking numbers in the app that says “order processing ready for UPS” it changes to “delivered 6/5/17”. What?
What size?

If you ordered it and they already authenticate and shipped it day of it means they had it on hand at the facility already. Either a pair they had for inventory or a sale that was cancelled after they received it.

In terms of the tracking numbers...no clue

If you guys are ever ordering off GOAT and the pictures are taken with perfect white backdrops and good lighting and they are ideal photos they are prolly at the facility already. If you see the box pic and they have the bar code on the top right of the box under the lid, it's definitely at the facility already. Just an FYI

GOAT doesn’t post pictures of new shoes on their app but with used shoes I could see what you mean.

For anyone interested, GOATs prices are surprisingly lower than Stock Xs prices for most sizes on the OW1s. I’m not quite sure why this is the case but it is.

GOAT doesn’t post pictures of new shoes on their app but with used shoes I could see what you mean.

For anyone interested, GOATs prices are surprisingly lower than Stock Xs prices for most sizes on the OW1s. I’m not quite sure why this is the case but it is.

New with defects will have pictures. And it's a possible explanation for how he got his shoes so fast. They do keep inventory of a bunch of shoes on hand so that they can expedite the process for buyers.

You don't think GOAT or StockX buys up a bunch of these off whites and other releases when they dip just to hold and sell later? Why wouldn't they, twice the fees for the same pair of shoes and you get the profit for the company as well.

86A37CD8-6952-4409-B2FD-823507E068B4.jpeg
These are so :emoji_fire: Hope Nike keeps doing these random drops! Otherwise I don’t think I would have been able to cop.

I didnt choose a pair with defects. If they’re defective, GOAT contacts you and tries to make a deal to shave money off to make sure the sale holds up.

I definitely believe that Goat and Stock X buy up lots of shoes to sell but selling them for less than what anyone else on their site is asking seems odd. Why not wait and sell the ones they bought up when prices go way up in a couple of months?

You don't think GOAT or StockX buys up a bunch of these off whites and other releases when they dip just to hold and sell later? Why wouldn't they, twice the fees for the same pair of shoes and you get the profit for the company as well.

NO. I think they barely can handle the workload they currently have, doing this would be a lot more work for very little payoff (relatively speaking).

NO. I think they barely can handle the workload they currently have, doing this would be a lot more work for very little payoff (relatively speaking).
I don’t believe it’s as big as the quoted poster made it sound but I have a suspicion that both Stock X and GOAT buy pairs to sell on the resale market though you might be right and maybe they don’t. I would think they would have to disclose that but I don’t know.

I don’t think the pair I got off of GOAT was “GOAT Stock” that they had bought and kept for resale. I believe that now that GOAT accepts returns that there are quite a few people who returned shoes and now GOAT has to sell them. I think that these returned pairs make up nearly all if not all of GOATs pairs they have on hand but you never know I guess

I thought you could drop off pairs to GOAT (if you’re local) and they would take pics and keep them until they sell. So, they have some stock ready to ship out. I’m almost sure that’s the case.

I thought you could drop off pairs to GOAT (if you’re local) and they would take pics and keep them until they sell. So, they have some stock ready to ship out. I’m almost sure that’s the case.
They stopped allowing drop offs in January. They’re working on setting up local drop off again. They do have the ability to seed pairs from Flight Club.

What do you guys think of the idea that retailers themselves are backdooring inventory of hyped releases early via StockX? If they're already willing to backdoor to a reseller, why wouldn't they consider making more than a reseller would pay? I guess the window to do so would be kinda small. They could also hold inventory aside and sell on StockX post-release if resell was obviously going to be juicy.

What do you guys think of the idea that retailers themselves are backdooring inventory of hyped releases early via StockX? If they're already willing to backdoor to a reseller, why wouldn't they consider making more than a reseller would pay? I guess the window to do so would be kinda small. They could also hold inventory aside and sell on StockX post-release if resell was obviously going to be juicy.

That’s a very good idea don’t share it with small stores or you’ll be out of luck

I don’t believe it’s as big as the quoted poster made it sound but I have a suspicion that both Stock X and GOAT buy pairs to sell on the resale market though you might be right and maybe they don’t. I would think they would have to disclose that but I don’t know.

I don’t think the pair I got off of GOAT was “GOAT Stock” that they had bought and kept for resale. I believe that now that GOAT accepts returns that there are quite a few people who returned shoes and now GOAT has to sell them. I think that these returned pairs make up nearly all if not all of GOATs pairs they have on hand but you never know I guess

They might not have stacks and stacks of the same shoe in inventory but believe that they have inventory and back log of certain shoes. Like I said, they can buy shoes, make a fee off them, let them appreciate and then make more money on them and not pay the fee when they sell later. Make money twice on the same shoe.

And now with the flight club merger they could have shoes out in the same day in LA with their shared inventory or NY/NJ.

Take it how you want.

I had almost the exact same thing happen yesterday. Put in a bid that was a little below the top offer that got instantly accepted. The shoe went right to authenticating, and shipped out. My ups app shows two tracking numbers from goat as well.

They are doing that too.

Theres not to many tier zero spots where Ive had much success .
I.e.
Awhile back I went to Social Status in East Lib. for the Mb 9s drop. Im 4th in line waited 3+ hrs , they open the door and say all we have is a sz 9 and a sz 8. Villas around my way are shady af too . Had a connect at Davids in east lib, then a different manager took over & catered to his team, X'd alot of ppl out.

So outside a JJs , and a couple typical chain stores , Im s.o.l. on limited pairs alot of the time. Gr's obviously and even limited gr's always locked in for me. But exclusive pairs like these Ow 1s & T.s4s = crap shoot.

All the guys that like random releases benefited from this one and will be sick when that becomes the norm and you can't benefit lol..

Expertise: Personal experience :lol:

All the guys that like random releases benefited from this one and will be sick when that becomes the norm and you can't benefit lol..

Expertise: Personal experience :lol:

lmao people will find anything to complain about, no matter how nike handles it.

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom