Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

In for white lows at retail. I won’t be too upset if I miss. Would’ve rather seen the black 4s or yellow 1s though.

And in regards to the Q and A with Virgil, he said the cracks are based on a game worn pair from the Jordan vault. They scanned the shoe to make it look similar. I don’t love that part, or the signature for that matter, but I am interested in a Jordan 2 low with jeans.

70184980-100E-49E4-83A8-1487F9F5EBCB.jpeg

Hope that means they’re going back to just dropping everything on NDC without the extras…

I mean... if JB is going to continue to butcher nearly all OG retros then personally I have no problem with this man's try. It's somethin different. The shape actually is pretty on-point.

Jordan Brand could skip this, then give us yet another version of the OG 2 with work boot toe boxes, cheap leather and bad cuts and it would be even worse slap in the face.

I'd honestly rather rock these at this point. Yeah that's sad, especially at the price point :smh:

:lol: if he added all the weird additions y’all would say he ruined the shoe

Dude can’t win :lol:

Now that he explained it’s from a Jordan DNA archived pair it’s kinda cool

Pretty sure dudes winning with the 1s, 4s, and 5s. But sure man, we gotta like them all. If he literally scanned it, how is that designing it?

Pretty sure dudes winning with the 1s, 4s, and 5s. But sure man, we gotta like them all. If he literally scanned it, how is that designing it?

I mean these are Retros. What was he supposed to design :lol: Choosing to use archival 2’s instead of putting random holes in them is a design/curation choice

Again if he “deconstructed” them like the 5’s or whatnot people would complain about that also lol

I mean these are Retros. What was he supposed to design :lol: Choosing to use archival 2’s instead of putting random holes in them is a design/curation choice

Again if he “deconstructed” them like the 5’s or whatnot people would complain about that also lol
You obviously feel some type of way for the guy/brand? Ima just let you be playa.

You obviously feel some type of way for the guy/brand? Ima just let you be playa.

Virgil is great at capitalizing on gimmicks (Arial font, quotation marks, the Pyrex flannels). His team/curation > anything he probably personally does

Just don’t see what you were expecting him to do to these :lol:

Just putting the text and quote marks on old J’s was/is getting old

I’ll post this here since it mentions Off-White, if anyone is interested in what Nike is saying about the SNKRS app.

I read that yesterday as well. Nice to see at least a few people over there finally woke up and realized the risk they are potentially introducing by alienating core customers. The main thing, though, that struck me about it is the simple fact it's obviously all caused because Nike doesn't make enough pairs of a lot of shoes. I kept reading and hoping to get to the part that said, so Nike plans to increase production ... but it never said that. They can eff around with the app and perceptions and everything else till the cows come home, but in the end if stuff is still impossible to get for 80-something percent of people, nothing will change.

Back
Top Bottom