Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Just in. Stunning.
0976F02F-0FCB-45C6-AB98-AAE771F26929.jpeg

That statement about being obtainable and getting them on sale is correct, but it had nothing to do with their lack of popularity. It was because Nike produced more to meet demand.
Where you getting your numbers from? I would like to know how many pairs were originally produced and sold, that's actually pretty interesting.

Who would have predicted a retro Jordan 2's to be so high in demand.

I'm not even bothering on the Off-collab of everything , just the model created for on court basketball in the 80's.

Simple shoe , had one pair of the low white red in 2004 , heavily discounted on eastbay but it was a try out , not really something i was after , wanted some summer shoes and never reiterated with the model .

I appreciate the work behind the recreation of an original Nike archive signed shoe .
i understand the appeal it can have for what it represent and since i truely love vintage Nike it has the edge i m looking for .
only because it looks like 1986 .

Credit to Virgil for making this possible , but the design kudos goes to the original engineers without them there will be nothing to talk about .

It's the best shoe in this thread so far, if you cover all the 2021 added features , it's just a Jordan 2 with good execution i have to admit.

Where you getting your numbers from? I would like to know how many pairs were originally produced and sold, that's actually pretty interesting.

I lived through it and watched it happen lol. Most colors of the flagship Jordans restocked constantly throughout the model's run. Sometimes even with slight differences. Black/Infrared 6's restocked with extra nylon around the tongue to keep the rubber from separating from the elastic tongue. The Bordeaux and Charcoal 7's restocked with an extra lace hole and the Charcoals restocked in a couple of different materials. Just the way it was back then. I seem to remember the 9's being the first model they really toyed with more limited production runs on colors.

Who would have predicted a retro Jordan 2's to be so high in demand.

I'm not even bothering on the Off-collab of everything , just the model created for on court basketball in the 80's.

Simple shoe , had one pair of the low white red in 2004 , heavily discounted on eastbay but it was a try out , not really something i was after , wanted some summer shoes and never reiterated with the model .

I appreciate the work behind the recreation of an original Nike archive signed shoe .
i understand the appeal it can have for what it represent and since i truely love vintage Nike it has the edge i m looking for .
only because it looks like 1986 .

Credit to Virgil for making this possible , but the design kudos goes to the original engineers without them there will be nothing to talk about .

It's the best shoe in this thread so far, if you cover all the 2021 added features , it's just a Jordan 2 with good execution i have to admit.
Part of it may be because that was his final release

well its not just any retro 2. Its a collab and its very limited and hyped. Not the first 2 to hit high numbers. Bin, Doernbacher, Don C, and if you wanna count the Eminem and Legends of Summer.

Man those Beach Don Cs were fire! Wish I copped when they were $400 or so.

I had the blue and the beach one, couldn't get the pink one and mainly because there were a GS release and super limited bluetooth stash release method.

Black and blue pair - seller shipped
White/red - still waiting. Man seller really going to take a few for an extra 100? Profit

Think you missing the point of them having casual appeal bruh.

The original jays were sported off court just as much as on court. Cats got fly in new jays.

Tell me the last time you seen a new jay sported outside in abundance.

New jays, since the 17 TOPS are only for court usage....nobody puttin a fit together in most of these joints.

THIS X1000.

Nike and Jordan Brand simply suck at making any new models. It’s always a flash in the pan type model like all those Flyknit runners, stupid gimmicks like the Joyrides and Adapts, blatant knockoffs like React runners, and Space Hippies, etc. etc. Don’t even get me started on the garbage Jordan Brand puts out with various fusions and flight models (yikes).

My theory is that Nike/JB are kinda like Apple-they used to innovate and create awesome new products like Apple did when Jobs was in charge. Once Apple grew and started printing money, they basically became another big tech company that puts out solid products that people are familiar with instead of taking massive risks and massively investing in creating new products for the market like they used to. Exact same sh*t is happening with Nike/JB and selling retro products.

THIS X1000.

Nike and Jordan Brand simply suck at making any new models. It’s always a flash in the pan type model like all those Flyknit runners, stupid gimmicks like the Joyrides and Adapts, blatant knockoffs like React runners, and Space Hippies, etc. etc. Don’t even get me started on the garbage Jordan Brand puts out with various fusions and flight models (yikes).

My theory is that Nike/JB are kinda like Apple-they used to innovate and create awesome new products like Apple did when Jobs was in charge. Once Apple grew and started printing money, they basically became another big tech company that puts out solid products that people are familiar with instead of taking massive risks and massively investing in creating new products for the market like they used to. Exact same sh*t is happening with Nike/JB and selling retro products.
AirPod and m1 chip didn’t reinvent the wheel for them?

Cap. Roshe was so popular and it inspired the 350s. It’s a new model despite having new tech. Just a diff landscape now, it’s hard to have something stick (music, fashion), ppl are quick to move on to the next with so much to choose from in this fast food/microwave culture.

THIS X1000.

Last edited:
Would the Waffle One count as a new design? Those are pretty popular from what I seen.

Cap. Roshe was so popular and it inspired the 350s. It’s a new model despite having new tech. Just a diff landscape now, it’s hard to have something stick (music, fashion), ppl are quick to move on to the next with so much to choose from in this fast food/microwave culture.

Lmao if you’re saying the Roshe wasn’t a flash in the pan sneaker then Idk what to tell you. Adidas has been selling 350s going on 7 years now and they’re popular as ever/almost never go on discount. I’m not really into 350s anymore aside from wearing them when I want to slip something on easily but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Back
Top Bottom