Offical 2008 NFL draft Thread. 12PT/3ET on ESPN/NFLNetwork

yea man i feel bad, my boy highsmith still on the board

smh.gif

Raiders 4 picks away. No more CB's please. I've finally calmed down from that Branch pick. I can live with that. I'm starting to think Nnamdi isgone after this season.

I hope we go for that Middle Lineback in Jonathon Goff from Vandy. It seems as if Linebackers have the shortest learning curve in the NFL considering the lastfew DROY awards went to

linebackers. NVM, Giants just selected him

I think we should look at Mike Hart from Michigan.

What are you guys thoughts on the NFL Draft being in another city?(and possibly rotating cities) as Roger Goddell has proposed. They were discussing it onESPN.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Dixon? Really? ....this draft is pathetic for us... I assume we're trying to use him at WR.. but i don't know.

If they do he will be playing baseball with the quickness.

Steelers might not have addressed all of their needs but they got a lot of value with their picks we will see how it turns out for them.

That's the feeling I get too, about him leaving for baseball. Dude is not a pro-qb, sorry
laugh.gif
not to mention, he ain't getting a real shot at itunless 2 guys go down ahead of him, and that goes for almost any team.. he's a 3rd stringer at best, and that's probably a reach.

You're right, they've gone value over needs in most cases... which generally, is a good strategy I believe.. But how about making some trades to getin the position you want for a certain player? Move down if he'll be there, move up if he won't... you're still getting value, but you're justmoving around HOW you value somebody. Not addressing either line until day 2 is a mistake, imo... and one of the guys we got today is injury-prone as amother, and Dixon is coming off ACL surgery... I mean.. seriously. There's not a single guy we've gotten yet that i can say i'm sure will beseeing the field by season's end, and that's sad.

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

What are you guys thoughts on the NFL Draft being in another city?(and possibly rotating cities) as Roger Goddell has proposed. They were discussing it on ESPN.

Awful idea.

The draft is New York, period.

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

What are you guys thoughts on the NFL Draft being in another city?(and possibly rotating cities) as Roger Goddell has proposed. They were discussing it on ESPN.
good idea IMO

Berkeley Boy who is that in your avy? if it antyour girl more pics and address is need ASAP
laugh.gif

There's not a single guy we've gotten yet that i can say i'm sure will be seeing the field by season's end, and that's sad.

huh?
Mendenhall....

U cant have a team of 11 casey Hamptons man,
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

antoekneeo wrote:

What are you guys thoughts on the NFL Draft being in another city?(and possibly rotating cities) as Roger Goddell has proposed. They were discussing it on
ESPN.

Awful idea.

The draft is New York, period.

You're a little bias, but I actually agree. It wouldn't be the same without the 31 boo's from the NY fans.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

There's not a single guy we've gotten yet that i can say i'm sure will be seeing the field by season's end, and that's sad.

huh?
Mendenhall....

Sorry, not enamored with him. Looks talented, but we've got a full-time starter, and we've got a stable of other backs on the team from last yearthat i could see beating him out as a 3rd down back.

3rd down?
what happened to the Steelers run game when Willie was hurt? what stable of NFL RBs do the Steelers have?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

antoekneeo wrote:

What are you guys thoughts on the NFL Draft being in another city?(and possibly rotating cities) as Roger Goddell has proposed. They were discussing it on
ESPN.

good idea IMO

Berkeley Boy who is that in your avy? if it ant your girl more pics and address is need ASAP
laugh.gif

That's a mighty large if. Sorry bruh.

But who the hell is Trevor Scott? Somebody make me feel good about the Raiders latest pick.

G-men are having a good draft. I like the picks with Terrell Thomas and Manningham. And why did Owen Schmitt fall so far? I thought he should have been ahighly rated FB coming out..?

Wow...This is totally unheard of for the Chiefs. I just keep waiting for a bonehead move but Carl keeps making smart picks. We've got our O-line and ourpass rusher back. We've also replaced Ty Law. We got a sweet backup for Larry Johnson. I see us going Kicker or QB with our next pick.

Oh...and NYJ you guys got a steal in Marcus Henry.

questons with kC having such a good draft will the get a pass for passing on the saints trade offer?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

3rd down?
what happened to the Steelers run game when Willie was hurt? what stable of NFL RBs do the Steelers have?

This guy is supposed to be our 3rd down and short yardage back, according to "experts"... somebody to get go "between the tackles" andspell willie, and give us some hands out of the backfield.

And we don't have a ton of talent, but we have a lot of bodies from last year.. i just HATE taking 1st round backs unless they're absolutelycan't-miss picks...
ohwell.gif

The Falcons are hellbent on having the NFL's best special teams.

Good thing, becaus they'll be punting and returning kickoffs a lot.

Dudes have no clue.

Back
Top Bottom