Offical first week sales for 9-9-09. Vol. Updated Trey Songz 135k

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Xplicit213

Drakes a huge part of them numbers

Stop it. HUGE? Trey been putting in work for years and Drake hasn't sold ONE record yet (though I'm sure he will sell well......but maybe not as well as people might think. Just my opinion.).

And that **#@#++ "LOL Smiley Face" record is starting to make big noise at Radio.

Props to Trey on a great week. Artist development pays off.

Naw I think dude is right. Nobody has been checking for dude for these past 4 years despite him having a decent fanbase with females and even having hit singles. Can't Help But Wait was a top 15 Billboard 100 hit yet, he sells 73k in his first week? Two years later still hasn't had the same success as Can't Help But Wait, the economy is even worse than it was 2 years ago but he sells 60k more copies than previously? I think the Drake affiliation helped. Especially when you pick up Trey's cd and see Drake featured on two songs. Trey been putting in the mixtape work for years now and now its just paying off? I think you underrate Drakes impact on music.

QFT x25
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Huge part tho? C'mon now thats a bit of a reach. Good for Trey tho and all i hear on the radio all day is I Need a Girl and LOL
smile.gif
....still think this shoulda been the free album and Anticipation the released album
Huge part? He always sells 70-80k his first week. Now he's doing 130k? I think the Drake affiliation had some people checking for Drake that wasn't before. He doesn't have any hit singles so i'm not sure what else could be the reasoning for his sales unless Atlantic bought some of them.

This.

finally got to say "this", lol :smile:vv... word to trey

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Huge part tho? C'mon now thats a bit of a reach. Good for Trey tho and all i hear on the radio all day is I Need a Girl and LOL
smile.gif
....still think this shoulda been the free album and Anticipation the released album
Huge part? He always sells 70-80k his first week. Now he's doing 130k? I think the Drake affiliation had some people checking for Drake that wasn't before. He doesn't have any hit singles so i'm not sure what else could be the reasoning for his sales unless Atlantic bought some of them.

He doesnt have any hit records yet everytime i tune into hot97 and power105, all i hear is lol
smile.gif
and I Need a Girl not to mention all the covers and freemusic he has done since the last album dropped...i don't think Drake had that much of an impact. maybe slide him an extra 10-15k but its not as tho the manhasn't put in work...

yall would be surprised at how many female fans out there know trey for his mixtapes than his affiliation with drake.

tyga's affiliation with lil wayne didnt help is album...dude only sold 8k
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

yall would be surprised at how many female fans out there know trey for his mixtapes than his affiliation with drake.

laugh.gif
Well 1) No one knew of Tyga's affiliation with Wayne lol. 2) Wayne wasn't even on the album lol. And i've put chics on to Trey'smixtapes. Fact is, he didn't just start doing mixtapes. I've heard mixtapes from him before I even heard his debut album.
He doesnt have any hit records yet everytime i tune into hot97 and power105, all i hear is lol
smile.gif
and I Need a Girl not to mention all the covers and free music he has done since the last album dropped...i don't think Drake had that much of an impact. maybe slide him an extra 10-15k but its not as tho the man hasn't put in work...
He doesn't have any hit records. They may play his @@% on Hot 97 but around the country his singles are doing pedestrian. LOL Smiley Face willeventually do better but as of right now its not a certified hit. And not to mention having a hit single doesn't mean a successful album. Trey been puttingin work from DAY 1. Now its just paying off? I see the argument for why Trey sold more I just don't believe it. Not with the timing of Drake's buzz.

laugh.gif
Well 1) No one knew of Tyga's affiliation with Wayne lol. 2) Wayne wasn't even on the album lol. And i've put chics on to Trey's mixtapes. Fact is, he didn't just start doing mixtapes. I've heard mixtapes from him before I even heard his debut album.
smile.gif
and I Need a Girl not to mention all the covers and free music he has done since the last album dropped...i don't think Drake had that much of an impact. maybe slide him an extra 10-15k but its not as tho the man hasn't put in work...
He doesn't have any hit records. They may play his @@% on Hot 97 but around the country his singles are doing pedestrian. LOL Smiley Face will eventually do better but as of right now its not a certified hit. And not to mention having a hit single doesn't mean a successful album. Trey been putting in work from DAY 1. Now its just paying off? I see the argument for why Trey sold more I just don't believe it. Not with the timing of Drake's buzz.

keep preaching my brother
smokin.gif

it wouldnt surprise me either..but im just saying, lets say drake sold only 300k....how much of an impact then would he have on ready?

and lets be real, majority like successful because of the hook

I don't think Drake does 1 million his firs week but at the same time i'm not shocked if he does. But to your question if Drake only does 300k do Istill think he had a impact on Ready? Yea. Right now there's a fanbase out there just feening for Drake's music. Doesn't matter where. I mean downhere they're playing the whole damn So Far Gone mixtape on the radio damn near. Just because its Drake. Trey got a fanbase. I just think his sales on hisown without the Drake affiliation would be 90-100k just like the rest of his albums despite not having a top 15 hit in Can't Help But Wait. I think theDrake affiliation gave him a good 40-50k in sales just because Drake's name is on the album.

I gotta make it- 45k first week
Trey Day - 90k First week
Ready - 135k first week

every album he has improved...if gotta make it was 90k first week just like trey day was, then u could kinda say Drake was a huge reason.

but imo i just think hes matured as an artist and has gained a lot of fans every album

do you really think trey's open endorsement and friendship with the biggest new artist has NOTHING to do with the fact that he just saw his biggest firstweek sales ever? the album is dope and he deserves those numbers but this isn't a coincidence. i'm sure the label told trey to take advantage of hisrelationship with drake once he blew up like that anyway.. this is a business at the end of the day.

Ready sold 45k more than Trey day, but yall said thats mainly cause of Drake.

Trey day sold 45k more than gotta make it. So which new artist helped trey with thatextra 45k on trey day? because that extra 45k looks fishy

Ya'll kill me. I swear

Trey's increase in sales does not have as much to do with Drake as ya'll think. He's appeared on numerous hook/features, dropped a couple of verygood mixtapes, and because of that has built a fanbase. To add to that females find him *pause* visually appealing *pause again* and to keep it real, son cansing.

Taking into account the girls I know who bought Ready, none of them listed his affliation with Drake as a reason.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Drake helped Trey sales?
roll.gif

you drake fan boys kill me
Drake did help Trey out a lot in terms of being accepted by more listeners.

Tyga doesn't have an album out under Young Money, his first CD was pre-wayne.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Ya'll kill me. I swear

Trey's increase in sales does not have as much to do with Drake as ya'll think. He's appeared on numerous hook/features, dropped a couple of very good mixtapes, and because of that has built a fanbase. To add to that females find him *pause* visually appealing *pause again* and to keep it real, son can sing.

Taking into account the girls I know who bought Ready, none of them listed his affliation with Drake as a reason.
qft
ohwell.gif

Trey day sold 45k more than gotta make it. So which new artist helped trey with that extra 45k on trey day? because that extra 45k looks fishy
His first album didn't have any hit singles on it when it dropped. It dropped with no buzz. Nobody was checkin' for Trey at that time soof coures his first week sales are going to be improved on his sophomore album over his debut. Didn't his debut do like 20k its first week?

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Drake helped Trey sales?
roll.gif

I think technically it was a Young Money a album. It has the Young Money label on the cd. I never took it serious because they dropped that albumthe same day as Carter 3 lol. They sent him out there to fail. Definately doesn't have any Young Money influence on it though.

Ya'll kill me. I swear

Trey's increase in sales does not have as much to do with Drake as ya'll think. He's appeared on numerous hook/features, dropped a couple of very good mixtapes, and because of that has built a fanbase. To add to that females find him *pause* visually appealing *pause again* and to keep it real, son can sing.

Once again, Trey has BEEN DROPPING MIXTAPES SINCE HIS FIRST DISC. HE'S BEEN DOING HOOKS AND FEATURES. Actually he really doesn't even dohooks and features as much as he did 2 or 3 years ago. Females been digging Trey. That's who's been buying his album. Like I said, there are about 90kfemales out there who would've bought the album without the Drake affiliation. I think there's about 30-40k of people out there who bought it justbecasue Drake's on it. That's how this *!% works. There are going to be people who buy Drake's album just because Waynes on it. There's goingto be people who buy Cudi's album because Kanye's on it. This *!% isn't new or groundbreaking. Its smart business. I don't know why you dudesthink its so outlandish to think that people bought Trey's album because Drake is featured on a couple of songs.

Drake helped Trey sales?
roll.gif

So you're a Drake fanboy if you think Drake helped him with sales? That sounds more like a realist than a fanboy.

Drake helped Trey sales?
roll.gif

yep...his 1st cd was independent

Trey day sold 45k more than gotta make it. So which new artist helped trey with that extra 45k on trey day? because that extra 45k looks fishy
His first album didn't have any hit singles on it when it dropped. It dropped with no buzz. Nobody was checkin' for Trey at that time so of coures his first week sales are going to be improved on his sophomore album over his debut. Didn't his debut do like 20k its first week?

Drake helped Trey sales?
roll.gif

I think technically it was a Young Money a album. It has the Young Money label on the cd. I never took it serious because they dropped that album the same day as Carter 3 lol. They sent him out there to fail. Definately doesn't have any Young Money influence on it though.

Ya'll kill me. I swear

Once again, Trey has BEEN DROPPING MIXTAPES SINCE HIS FIRST DISC. HE'S BEEN DOING HOOKS AND FEATURES. Actually he really doesn't even do hooks and features as much as he did 2 or 3 years ago. Females been digging Trey. That's who's been buying his album. Like I said, there are about 90k females out there who would've bought the album without the Drake affiliation. I think there's about 30-40k of people out there who bought it just becasue Drake's on it. That's how this *!% works. There are going to be people who buy Drake's album just because Waynes on it. There's going to be people who buy Cudi's album because Kanye's on it. This *!% isn't new or groundbreaking. Its smart business. I don't know why you dudes think its so outlandish to think that people bought Trey's album because Drake is featured on a couple of songs.

Drake helped Trey sales?
roll.gif

So you're a Drake fanboy if you think Drake helped him with sales? That sounds more like a realist than a fanboy.

NT just listen to this man...

Alot of yall are denying the facts ROCYAICE is putting down BECAUSE of Drake affiliation with Wayne.

Wayne is like Don Imus to black people on NT
roll.gif

Please stop the hate.. it is so Blatent. its not even funny anymore.

Drake is ALREADY one of the faces of Hip-Hop like it or not.

is "Successful" just had Trey songs on it.. this album would have DEFITNELY not do 135,000+ first week. Now if he dropped "LOL" then whoknows. But either way if Drake is on an album sales are going to SIGNIFIGANTLY boost.
ohwell.gif

Okay lets say drake did help Trey out a bit, but how much really? 10-15K at most imo. Trey still put in loads of work, who cares if hes always done mixtapesthey havent really caught much attention until the past year. No one really checked for treys freestyles in the past and you all know it. Most people haveloved the recent freestyles and a lot of ladies have caught onto it. He is steadily improving as an artist and regardless of what people say Ready is a greatalbum (minus a couple tracks). Give the man his credit. I understand that Drakes affiliation has helped but its not all because of him. Im sure 135000 peopledidnt say "Hey drake is on 2 tracks from this trey songz album so im going to go drop a 10 dollar bill just to support drakes songs". Realisticalycmon now, a lot of people here at my college are trey fans. So many people play his freestyle tracks at partys, that 'paper planes' freestyle alonegets it crackin at many houseparties ive been too...some people dont even remember that its M.I.A's track. THATS how much hes been killin those trackslately. The truth is, drake helped him yes but Trey deserves 135K for all the work hes put in and his next album will do even better, you can count on thatwhether drake is on it or not.

Back
Top Bottom