Offical first week sales for 9-9-09. Vol. Updated Trey Songz 135k

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Why does everyone resort to the fanboy excuse?

Its the truth Drake DID help his sales. Significantly. The proofs in the pudding.

i do not get these NT Bill O Reilly's either
tired.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

I gotta make it- 45k first week
Trey Day - 90k First week
Ready - 135k first week

every album he has improved...if gotta make it was 90k first week just like trey day was, then u could kinda say Drake was a huge reason.

but imo i just think hes matured as an artist and has gained a lot of fans every album
Agreed.

Sorry, I just don't see the Drake affiliation helping Trey's sales like that.

Trey has made moves as an artist. First album, solid. Second album, sales increased b/c more people knew about him. Third album, even more people know abouthim + the fall of Chris Brown + Trey cutting his hair = bump in sales.

Ya'll can say Successful was Drake's originally. But Trey's "own" single I Need A Girl did pretty well.

I definitely think you guys are over-rating Drake's impact on Trey's sales.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Okay lets say drake did help Trey out a bit, but how much really? 10-15K at most imo. Trey still put in loads of work, who cares if hes always done mixtapes they havent really caught much attention until the past year. No one really checked for treys freestyles in the past and you all know it. Most people have loved the recent freestyles and a lot of ladies have caught onto it. He is steadily improving as an artist and regardless of what people say Ready is a great album (minus a couple tracks). Give the man his credit. I understand that Drakes affiliation has helped but its not all because of him. Im sure 135000 people didnt say "Hey drake is on 2 tracks from this trey songz album so im going to go drop a 10 dollar bill just to support drakes songs". Realisticaly cmon now, a lot of people here at my college are trey fans. So many people play his freestyle tracks at partys, that 'paper planes' freestyle alone gets it crackin at many houseparties ive been too...some people dont even remember that its M.I.A's track. THATS how much hes been killin those tracks lately. The truth is, drake helped him yes but Trey deserves 135K for all the work hes put in and his next album will do even better, you can count on that whether drake is on it or not.
pimp.gif
QFMFT ..

Trey has made moves as an artist. First album, solid. Second album, sales increased b/c more people knew about him. Third album, even more people know about him + the fall of Chris Brown + Trey cutting his hair = bump in sales.
thank you

I definitely think you guys are over-rating Drake's impact on Trey's sales
and thats all ive been really trying to say..he may have helped...but definitely not 40-50k..yall really think 50k went out and bought the albumcause drake was on 2 songs??

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Huge part tho? C'mon now thats a bit of a reach. Good for Trey tho and all i hear on the radio all day is I Need a Girl and LOL
smile.gif
....still think this shoulda been the free album and Anticipation the released album
Huge part? He always sells 70-80k his first week. Now he's doing 130k? I think the Drake affiliation had some people checking for Drake that wasn't before. He doesn't have any hit singles so i'm not sure what else could be the reasoning for his sales unless Atlantic bought some of them.

He doesnt have any hit records yet everytime i tune into hot97 and power105, all i hear is lol
smile.gif
and I Need a Girl not to mention all the covers and free music he has done since the last album dropped...i don't think Drake had that much of an impact. maybe slide him an extra 10-15k but its not as tho the man hasn't put in work...

I
laugh.gif
everytime you type "lol
smile.gif
"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Drake might have helped but not enough to even matter. Y'all gotta remember over the past year, how many songs has this cat Trey been on? He's been inmad videos and on mad hooks. He covered like 20 songs over the past few months. Whatever You Like, Obsessed, Paper Planes and so on. I'm a huge Trey fanand I was expecting this to be his best selling CD cause he's been all over the place and has so much exposure.

Hard work pays off...and the new artists using this "Blitz" approach to music are finding success (dropping mixtapes and singles as much as possible,freestyles, etc...part of Weezy's altered master plan)

I'm not gonna say Drake didn't have a hand in helping Trey's sales but ALL the chicks I know think LOL
wink.gif
>>>>>>>>>>>> Invented Sex & Successful.

Back
Top Bottom