Offical: Lakers @ Pacers 11/20 Game Thread

When: 11/20
Where: Indiana: Conseco Field House
TV: LA & Socal KCAL 9 HD (Tape Delayed until 5:30PM PST).Rest of us NBA League Pass @ 4pm.

The Lakers start their 3 games in 5 nights road trip tonight.This game should be a an easy win for the Lakers as long as they don't play down to theirlevel of competition.Kwame Brown is out and indefitnely and did not make the trip because of his MCL injury on his knee.Ronny Turiaf is expected to be backfrom his sprained ankle and will probably be starting tonight.I see the Lakers taking this game by 7 points tonight.

Go Lakers !

I hate this game.
frown.gif
Both my teams...

I'm going to have to go with the Lakers on this one. We need a top draft pick (Gordon) and the Lakers are playing well. No point in ruining their good playso far this season.

Brown really disappoints me, he has never completed a season where he manages to play in all 82 games. His average for his first six years in the league is 60games per season, with two season playing only in 40 games or a half a season. He's definitely an injury prone player, that shows no signs of work ethicto take preventative measures.

Even if you say these injuries are unavoidable, I beg to differ. Ask a PT and they will tell you that injury can be avoided with better conditioning andstamina training. The muscles will endure more impact and at the same time resist tension more effectively. Basically, you're are less susceptible tominor muscle injuries if you have improved viscoelasticity.

aww its going to be delayed?
frown.gif

wackkk. i always catch myself checking boxscores before the airing comes on.
i hate away games.

well, we should have this game. hopefully we can go out strong on this roadtrip and really show what were made of.
let's go lakers!

eh i hate these tape delayed games
anyware to see the game online live
Los Angeles Lakers @ Indiana Pacers 7pm EST
Live link to game Lakers @ Pacers

pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Stats at a Glance[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]News | Players | Stats | Schedule[/td] [td] [/td] [td]News | Players | Stats | Schedule[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]6 - 3 (.667)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standings:[/td] [td]Second, Pacific[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]4 - 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Road:[/td] [td]2 - 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Streak:[/td] [td]W 3[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Indiana Pacers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]4 - 6 (.400)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standings:[/td] [td]Fourth, Central[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]3 - 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Road:[/td] [td]1 - 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Streak:[/td] [td]W 1[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] Season [/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG:[/td] [td]104.0[/td] [td]Opp PPG:[/td] [td]97.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%:[/td] [td].468[/td] [td]Opp FG%:[/td] [td].422[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG:[/td] [td]46.8[/td] [td]Opp RPG:[/td] [td]41.2[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td] Season [/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG:[/td] [td]100.3[/td] [td]Opp PPG:[/td] [td]103.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%:[/td] [td].434[/td] [td]Opp FG%:[/td] [td].433[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG:[/td] [td]44.4[/td] [td]Opp RPG:[/td] [td]44.9[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bryant, K[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]26.3[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Odom, L[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]14.8[/td] [td]8.8[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fisher, D[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bynum, A[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]10.4[/td] [td]9.7[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Farmar, J[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Radmanovic, V[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Turiaf, R[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9.3[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Walton, L[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]6.9[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vujacic, S[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mihm, C[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Evans, M[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brown, K[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Crittenton, J[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cook, B[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Karl, C[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Head Coach:[/td] [td]Phil Jackson[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Granger, D[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]17.8[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dunleavy, M[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]16.6[/td] [td]6.6[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Diogu, I[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]13.7[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]O'Neal, J[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]13.1[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Murphy, T[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]12.5[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tinsley, J[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]11.6[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Williams, S[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8.7[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Daniels, M[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Foster, J[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rush, K[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Diener, T[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Harrison, D[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Graham, S[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Owens, A[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sims, C[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Head Coach:[/td] [td]Jim O'Brien[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Glad Turiaf comin back, sucks about Brown, we could use his D. I guess this will get some extra time for Mihm, maybe that will help us out later in the year. Not many teams have at least 3 serviceable centers so maybe this will have a small blessing in disguise.

We really need to get this one to relax a little because tomorrow will be tough with a back to back on the road. Don't want to go into that game facingthe chance to lose both. Win this one, then play a little less tight tomorrow. Let's get it done.
pimp.gif

Some Game Notes:

The Lakers bench will be called upon to fill in for the injured Kwame Brown, who left in the first quarter against Chicago with what the team called moderatesprains of the left knee and ankle. X-rays were negative, but he isn't expected to travel with the team this week.

This road trip includes games at Milwaukee and Boston for the Lakers, who already have posted impressive road wins at Phoenix and Houston.

Indiana (4-6) got off to a 3-0 start before losing its next six games by an average of 11.0 points. The Pacers put an emphatic stop to their skid, however,blowing out Utah 117-97 on Saturday night.

"It feels a whole lot better to get that monkey off our back," said Pacers forward Shawne Williams, who scored 16 points. "A lot of people weregetting disgruntled because everybody is competitors in here. Nobody likes to lose."

The six-game slide was the Pacers' worst since losing 11 straight between Feb. 23 and March 14.

Indiana's balanced offense features six players with double-figure scoring averages, led by Danny Granger. The third-year forward from New Mexico isscoring 17.8 points per game, though he was 7-of-25 from the field in the two games prior to Saturday's win.

"You have to keep shooting," said Granger, who was 6-of-10 and scored 19 points. "If you're open, you've got to shoot them. We'reall really good shooters, we know that. Our shots are going to fall eventually."

The Pacers shot a season-best 58 percent from the field against Utah.

Indiana is averaging 100.3 points this season, but has given up 103.0 per game, one of the worst averages in the Eastern Conference. The Pacers have allowedmore than 100 in seven of their 10 games.

Jermaine O'Neal, Indiana's leading scorer for the past six seasons, was held to a season-low eight points on Saturday. He has averaged 19.9 points in10 games against the Lakers since he was traded to the Pacers in 2000.

The Lakers have lost their last three visits to Indiana, with Bryant getting held to an average of 20.0 points.

PROBABLE STARTERS
Los Angeles Lakers

D. Fisher - Guard
K. Bryant - Guard
L. Odom - Forward
B. Cook - Forward
C. Mihm - Center

Indiana Pacers

J. Tinsley - Guard
M. Dunleavy - Guard
D. Granger - Forward
J. O'Neal - Forward
T. Murphy - Center

Damn I hate when the play in the east because games start to early. I have a class that ends at 4:15
mad.gif
and I have a mandatory advising meeting for my major
indifferent.gif
. I'll be back in the second half.

Looks like kwame is out 1 to 2 months.....

The Lakers have their first serious injury of the season with starting center Kwame Brown diagnosed Monday with a sprained medial collateral ligament in hisleft knee. Lamar Odom suffered a similar injury early last season and missed a month and a half - 21 games - although the Lakers have not put a timetable onBrown's absence. Orange County Register

Generally speaking, sprained MCL's are a one-to-two-month proposition, even though the Lakers haven't projected Brown's down time yet. OrangeCounty Register

The Lakers declined to provide a timetable for Brown's return, as has become their custom on most injuries that go beyond the day-to-day variety. Most NBAplayers are out two to four weeks with similar injuries, although it can be longer. The extent of the injury was revealed in an MRI exam Monday, and Brown willbe re-evaluated next week. LA Times

Back
Top Bottom