Official 07-08 La Liga Thread (Barcelona sign Seydou Keita)

I was having Computer trouble for a few days..

Real Madrid 7, Valladolid 0

incredible play and result. The�negative? Robinho suffered a pinched abdominal nerve. He is likely to miss the Champions League clash with Roma. Man of the Match = Guti.�Amazing.�Robben with a goal and.. he played 90 minutes!

Gago is ballin, no doubt.

News/Rumors

Mahamadou Diarra's agent Frederic Guerra has admitted that numerous clubs led by Internazionale Milan have called him asking the availability of the MaliInternational. In fact, rumors indicate that Inter have made a formal offer of.. 25 Million Euro for the defensive midfielder. Other clubs interested:Juventus, Liverpool.

Real Madrid midfielder, Wesley Sneijder will be sidelined for a month after suffering a fractured rib during training.

14 year old Argentine starlet, Mauro Icardi has decided to sign for Barcelona instead of Real Madrid.

Sevilla fullback, Dani Alves has confessed yet again that he wishes to leave Sevilla as soon as possible. The clubs that are keen on Alves include Real Madrid,Barcelona, Chelsea, and Tottenham Hotspur.

Sevilla's Diego Capel is rumored to be a priority signing for Juventus this upcoming summer.

Real Zaragoza's Andres D'Alessandro has been allowed to leave the club. He is on his way to San Lorenzo. Zaragoza will have the option to recall theplayer in 12 months time. If D'Alessandro is sold, Zaragoza are entitled to half of the transfer fee.

Valencia star, David Villa has admitted he would be interested in a move to the English Premier League. Chelsea may be interested in the Spaniard should DidierDrogba make his way out of Stamford Bridge this summer. Tottenham led by their Spanish Manager, Juande Ramos may also be involved should Dimitar Berbatov leaveWhite Heart Lane.

The Catalan press has released a shortlist of Managers that could become the next Barcelona Manager if Frank Rijkaard resigns/is fired after the season. Theyare: Arsene Wenger (Arsenal), Johan Cryuff, Marco Van Basten (Netherlands), Laurent Blanc (Bordeaux)

Ronaldinho (Barcelona) says "thanks but no thanks" to AC Milan and Internazionale Milan.

Samuel Eto'o claims that Didier Drogba "has always wanted to play for Barcelona."

Real Madrid have reached an agreement with players: Raul and Iker Casillas that will keep the two Spaniards at the club for their entire remaining footballingcareers. The contracts automatically renew once 30 games have been played. Raul's deal will run till 2011 while the Casillas deal runs till 2016. The dealsare very similiar to what Paulo Maldini has at AC Milan. Guti is rumored to be the next contract extension.

Real Madrid are also working on an improved contract for Bernd Schuster. The new contract will feature a compensation clause that will prevent the German fromwalking away from the Bernabeu for free.

Thierry Henry (Barcelona) has admitted he is not comfortable playing on the wing. The Frenchman prefers his natural striker position but says he will dowhatever Frank Rijkaard asks of him.

Christoph Metzelder (Real Madrid) will undergo a season ending Foot operation.

Carles Puyol, Yaya Toure, Samuel Eto'o, and Deco all return to the list for Barcelona as they face Zaragoza this weekend.

Real Madrid midfielder Wesley Sneijder has recommended Johnny Hetinga (Ajax) to the club.

Real Madrid will honor the legendary Alfredo Di Stefano on Sunday evening. Special guests include FIFA President, Joseph Blatter and UEFA President, MichelPlatini.

Liverpool are rumored to have offered Javier Mascherano to FC Barcelona.

Valencia outcast, Canizares has spoken on the rift between He and Ronald Koeman.. "Koeman doesnt offend me, to me? He doesnt exist." LOL

Catalan Press report that Barcelona are interested in Werder Bremen's Diego. They claim that the Brazilian playmaker is the ideal replacement forRonaldinho or Deco. Diego has been heavily linked with Real Madrid and Juventus.

[table][tr][td]
Real top Man Utd in rich league
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Manchester United have moved from fourth to second in the list of the world's richest clubs, as Real Madrid stayed top for the thirdstraight year.

WORLD'S WEALTHIEST CLUBS BY REVENUE

1.) Real Madrid: £236.2m

2.) Man Utd: £212.1m

3.) Barcelona: £195.3m

4.) Chelsea: £190.5m

5.) Arsenal: £177.6m

6.) AC Milan: £153m

7.) Bayern Munich: £150.3m

8.) Liverpool: £133.9m

9.) Inter Milan: £131.3m

10.) AS Roma: £106.1m

Source: Deloitte: 2006/7

Full Story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7242490.stm

We'll have to see how it turns out.

Diarra may look like a fool out there sometimes but he must be doing something well as our record with him starting is incredible. How could we win that manygames and lose so few DESPITE him? There has to be a reason clubs are interested in him (at a relatively high price.)

The thing is the Madrid faithful will never appreciate a player like Diarra. They didnt appreciate Makelele till after he left (although Maka was better.) Nomatter how many 50/50 challenges he wins, no matter how much physical presence he adds to our midfield, and no matter how many plays he breaks up.. the wontremember any of these things. They'll remember his number of inept passes.

At the end of the day.. I like Gago and Diarra. I feel both add different qualities to our mid. Gago is more offensively capable whereas Diarra is morephysical and dominates the air. Gago is better suited to play Liga matches at the Bernabeu because we try and outscore our opponent. Diarra is built forEuropean matches.

I was hoping Schuster would try a double pivot system with both: Diarra + Gago. Diarra does the dirty work while Gago is the link between defense/offense. Ithink Diarra would benefit from this as it would be similiar to the Lyon system in which he flourished.

Saturday 2/16:

Real Betis vs. Real Madrid
Espanyol vs. Sevilla
Zaragoza vs. Barcelona

all other games tomorrow.

so.. after starting 1-0 and looking dangerous all game.. 2 defensive mistakes and we're down 1-2 at half-time lol.. Robben has looked lively. Half time: 2- Real Betis: Edu (31'), Mark Gonzales (35') 1 - Real Madrid: Drenthe (05')

unbelievable. Betis win 2-1.

mad.gif
smh.gif

Lets hope Barca lose.

Zaragoza 0 - Barcelona 1
Henry (33')

Henry used his hand to settle the ball after a good pass from Deco. Zaragoza earned a penalty after Rafa Marquez fouled Ricardo Oliveira in the box. DiegoMilitio then proceeds to take one of the worst PK's Ive ever seen.

half time.

more controversy as the assistant referee claimed Juanfran played the ball in the box with his hand. It appeared to be the shoulder. Ronaldinho converts thepenalty.

Full time: Zaragoza 1, Barcelona 2

So.. Diego Milito takes the worst penalty of all time, Henry uses his hand to settle the ball for the first goal, and a controversial hand ball in the box latein the game. Wow.

Real Madrid's lead goes down to 5 points.

Blaugrana come back to haunt Madrid!!!

Ronaldinho looks 1/4 back into form
pimp.gif

extremely controversial play at the Bernabeu.. Arjen Robben scores on a pass from Raul. Most of the Real Madrid team celebrates the goal. Apparently, someoneon the pitch had deemed the play offside (Raul, not Robben.) The ref allows a quick freekick which leads to a 5v2 fast break for Getafe. Uche scores as aresult of the quick counter. Raul was indeed offside. However, who ruled the play offside? there was no whistle. Simply incredible. Real Madrid go from apotential 1-0 to a 0-1.

Edit: and it is over, Getafe pull out a 1-0 win at the Bernabeu due to a controversial event. I believe this is Madrid's first loss at home this season.

Real Madrid's lead is now 2 points.

How about those Barca boys! 5-1! Are you kidding me? La pulga and Samuel are gonna put on clinics from here on out. Real Mierda has got to get their %@#+straight now.

Update from espnsoccernet.com:

[table][tr][td]Scoring Summary[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Barcelona[/td] [td]Levante[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Xavi (14)[/td] [td]Riga Mustapha (pen 41)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lionel Messi (44)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Samuel Eto'o (56)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Samuel Eto'o (62)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Samuel Eto'o (87)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

Samuel Eto'o struck a second half hat-trick as Barcelona kept up the pressure on leaders Real Madrid with a 5-1 thrashing of bottom-of-the-table Levante atthe Nou Camp.
Xavi put the Catalans in front after a quarter of an hour, but the visitors hit back when Mustapha Riga levelled from the spot four minutes before thebreak.

Lionel Messi quickly restored the home side's advantage with a trademark solo goal just before the interval, though, and Samuel Eto'o struck threetimes after the break to keep Barcelona well and truly in the title race and condemn Levante to a seventeenth defeat of the season.

[table][tr][td]Scoring Summary[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Real Madrid[/td] [td]Getafe[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Ikechukwu Uche (64)[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Match Stats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Real Madrid[/td] [td]Getafe[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shots (on Goal)[/td] [td]20(4)[/td] [td]10(4)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fouls[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Corner Kicks[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Offsides[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Time of Possession[/td] [td]60%[/td] [td]40%[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yellow Cards[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Red Cards[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Saves[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

Updated: February 24, 2008, 5:13 PM ET
MADRID, February 24 (Primera Liga) - Getafe helped breathe new life into the Primera Liga titlerace on Sunday after ending leaders Real Madrid's 100% home record in stunning circumstances at the Bernabeu.
With second-placed Barcelona hammering Levante 5-1 earlier on Sunday, Getafe's win means there is now just two points separating the leading pair,although Real will be fuming at the goal that saw them lose a league game at home for the first time in a year.
While the majority of the home side werecelebrating an Arjen Robben goal that had been disallowed,

February 27th:

Copa Del Rey Semi Finals (First Leg:smile:

FC Barcelona vs. Valencia CF

Ronaldinho is expected to be rested in order to prepare for Atletico Madrid.

Atletico Madrid 4, Barcelona 2

What a goal by Ronaldinho.. my oh my.. what a goal. I was unable to catch the game since it was simulcast with the Real Madrid game but the goal is a mustwatch.

Recreativo Huelva 2, Real Madrid 3..

This game featured 3 Red Cards. Recrea dominated the first 20 minutes. They scored off a free kick cross to the back post. Real Madrid ties it up 1-1 afterRaul bravely takes on a cross from Drenthe. The Goalkeeper tried to punch out the ball, instead punched Raul's face. Later on after a red card to Recrea,and a 2nd yellow to Sergio Ramos. A Recrea player makes a horrendous challenge on Arjen Robben. It looked eerly similiar to the Eduardo challenge of a fewweeks ago and thus warranted a red.Robinho scores 20-30 seconds after coming in as a subsitution. Then caps it off at the latter stages of the game after abrilliant pass from Gago. Recrea would make it 2-3 after a brilliant freekick. But, it was too little too late. Robinho is KING!

What a goal by Ronaldinho...the Fox Sports world commentator went crazy.

Here's a link to the goal (someone post the Fox Sports World feed)

I watched the game this morning (Barca - Atl M)

And I turned it on seconds before Ronaldinho's goal.. I was literally stunned, I couldn't celebrate haha.. Too bad Barcelona lost, Henry had hischances, I think Messi should've started instead of Henry.

Needless to say Real crept away with 3 points extending the lead to 5pts!! It was there for the taking, Barca could have been a the top of La Liga.

Grrr.

Anyway, Kun Aguero! Who is that guy? He played amazing! Argentina looks bright. Messi Aguero!

Sergio Aguero is the best under 20 player in the world imo (hes 19.) I saw the game earlier. He was the best player on the pitch. Its funny, recently, he saidthat that he would only sign for Real Madrid if he went insane. His release clause was only 25-30 Million Euro. If I was a club owner/boss, I would haveseriously taken it into consideration. However, Atletico recently bumped that to 55.

The RM-Recreativo match was a circus....... 10 v 9??? I thought the referee was fair though. I <3 Drenthe, he's a pitbull....... hope he getsanother start with Ramos suspended. Iker was MofM yet again. The boys were happy to see Robinho back.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom