Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by Al3xis

He's great at stripping down a team and building it back up with 'his' guys...but lately he hasn't been able to push through from that point. And I'm a huge Parcells fan.

We'll see if this different. Helps he wont be on the sideline this time around and can just focus on the personnel.

I have to disagree.....

Yr 1: from 1-15 to 11-5

Yr 2: we went 7-9 after having thee toughest schedule in the league and injuries everywhere. 

To me, that's an amazing job so far.
well, yeah..he built the franchise back up, nobody is questioning his ability to do that, but...now let's see where it goes..

cause in New York (Jets) and then in Dallas, they hit a ceiling under him, he can turn his needing of his type of guys from a strength to a detriment for a team.

He's great at stripping down a team and building it back up with 'his' guys...but lately he hasn't been able to push through from that point. And I'm a huge Parcells fan.

We'll see if this different. Helps he wont be on the sideline this time around and can just focus on the personnel.

I have to disagree.....

Yr 1: from 1-15 to 11-5

Yr 2: we went 7-9 after having thee toughest schedule in the league and injuries everywhere. 

To me, that's an amazing job so far.
well, yeah..he built the franchise back up, nobody is questioning his ability to do that, but...now let's see where it goes..

cause in New York (Jets) and then in Dallas, they hit a ceiling under him, he can turn his needing of his type of guys from a strength to a detriment for a team.

Oh I see. I miss understood the lately part. I thought you meant lately as with the fins when you really meant with prior teams. My bad.

The part where this is a better situation is that he's not the coach AND VP/GM. Just VP.  

Edit: Already making great moves

[h1]Dolphins save dollars on tenders for Fasano, Brown[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 3, 2010 4:47 PM ET

The Dolphins placed an "original round" tender on tight end Anthony Fasano Wednesday, according to Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald.

That's the tender that basically says we like you plenty, but not that much.  Fasano is out of luck because it's unlikely he'll get signed elsewhere.  He's due $1.176 million.

That wasn't the only cost-saving decision Miami made Wednesday.  The team had a club option to retain Ronnie Brown for $5 million, but declined it according to Armando Salguero.

Instead, they will offer him a one-year first-round tender as a restricted free agent.  Brown is now due $3.97 million, 110% of his 2009 salary. 

We doubt any team will give up a first-round pick for Brown, but we'll be watching with interest to see if there are any nibbles out there.  It's a similar situation to Jason Campbell.  

The new RFA rules should be good for trade speculation and thus good for PFT.

Saves $600,000 on Fasano and $1,000,000 on Brown
pimp.gif

If We Trade Greg Olsen
mad.gif
mad.gif

.....If We Sign Peppers
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Haha...We Need Alot of help Tho
smh.gif

-WR
-RB to share the load with Forte
-Secondary Help
-And a DE

Angelo Stop Being a +#@+ and make some moves please..

See that's what I'm sayin.  Save some money, but still have a chance should someone offer up the cash, we get picks to replace anything we lose.  I damn near wish someone would try to get Ronnie just to get the first rounder. 
laugh.gif

Finns did make a good point though, Bill has brought in a lot of guys that haven't done a whole lot. 
Gibril Wilson is one of the worst football players I've EVER seen. Grove, Smiley, guys that can't stay healthy. The receivers he's brought in (Wilford, Turner, etc.) are atrocious. Pennington fell into our laps, before that he signed McCown at QB. The LBs (Ayodele, Crowder, Porter
However, he's also brought in Henne, Bess, Smith, Davis, possibly Wake, pretty good pick with Long, Wake if you think he'll work out, some depth on the DLine, his old stand by's in Ferguson, and Polite, Hartline looks decent, our kicking game is better then it was, and also, Crowder was brought in by Saban, Bill just paid to keep him is all.  And he actually had a solid year last year.  Remember when he got hurt the teams started racking yards up with the tight ends. 

-Leon Washington got a 2nd round tender from the Jets.

If We Trade Greg Olsen
mad.gif
mad.gif

-Updating a previous report, Sean Jensen, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears TE Greg Olsen is [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]not[/color] on the trading block, according to a source. The source said offensive coordinator Mike Martz is still trying to determine how he will use Olsen.

And...
http://www.kffl.com/link/173
Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans plan to let impending free-agent DL Kyle Vanden Boschhead into the market, banking that he will not find a team willing topay him handsomely. The only way Vanden Bosch would return to the Titans is if he strikes out in free agency. However, there are teams who appear to be interested in Vanden Bosch, including the Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions.

I would figure Brandon Marshall for a 1st rounder, i'd do that in a instant.

He would make a nice target for Flacco.

If you expected any kind of positive production out of Ernest Wilford and Pat Turner, you deserve to be disappointed
Wilford is Jax's TE. Pat "No Burner" Turner is a disappointment. As is Pat White
nerd.gif

[h1]On Friday, Cribbs will announce a new deal -- or his next move[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2010 8:00 PM ET

Browns receiver Josh Cribbs has announced that he'll be holding a press conference on Friday, per Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Though the Plain Dealer says that Cribbs most likely will announce a new deal, a league source tells us that Cribbs will be announcing a new deal only if a new deal is done.  If a new deal isn't done, Cribbs will be announcing his next move.

The event will occur in conjunction with a previously scheduled appearance by Cribbs at the 2010 Cleveland Auto Show.

"It's not very often that fans get to hear an announcement from a player in person," Cribbs said in a release.  "And, it's even more unlikely that they're given a chance to speak to that player right after that announcement has been made.

"That's why I'm choosing to have this press conference at the auto show.  So that anyone in attendance will have the opportunity to hear what I have to say and the chance to speak with me about it in person."

The Browns told the Plain Dealer that the team isn't aware of the press conference.  And that serves only to bolster the reality that a deal isn't done, yet.

It's an interesting tactic for putting pressure on the Browns.  One way or the other, Cribbs will be talking to the media on Friday.  The content of the message is in the team's court.

The *%##'s chess, it ain't checkers! (c)Alonzo

No matter what happens, he's getting paid
pimp.gif
and promo for the auto show
roll.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]Report: Jets "extremely" interested in Cromartie[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 3, 2010 9:02 PM ET

Rex Ryan needs another starting cornerback, and Antonio Cromartie needs a new team.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi says that the Jets are "extremely" interested in Cromartie despite some reports to the contrary.  (Check out our one-liners Wednesday.)

The fit makes a lot of sense.  The Jets aren't afraid to trade draft picks for talent, and few deny Cromartie's raw skills.  Rex Ryan certainly won't lack confidence that he's the man that can get the best out of Cromartie.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

If you expected any kind of positive production out of Ernest Wilford and Pat Turner, you deserve to be disappointed.
Well, that's not my point. I didn't like either move, but the point is that this is all Tuna has really done for us at WR. Bess and Hartline are complimentary players at best.

CP, I know about all those guys, although you listed Wake twice.
laugh.gif

I don't know about Henne, and the D-Line is awesome. I think LB and safety are huge weak spots and I have no clue how to fix them in a hurry. LB especially. Our entire starting linebacker core is average. Our pass rush was extremely inconsistent, and although Wake needs more time, we need more than him.

Revis + Cro = 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

All I care about is that the G-Men do whatever it takes to bring Dansby to the Meadowlands. Dude is a PERFECT fit.

Oh yeah and get rid of Osi. Dude seems like a detriment in the locker room. Too Hollywood.

[h1]Report: Jets "extremely" interested in Cromartie[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 3, 2010 9:02 PM ET

Rex Ryan needs another starting cornerback, and Antonio Cromartie needs a new team.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi says that the Jets are "extremely" interested in Cromartie despite some reports to the contrary.  (Check out our one-liners Wednesday.)

The fit makes a lot of sense.  The Jets aren't afraid to trade draft picks for talent, and few deny Cromartie's raw skills.  Rex Ryan certainly won't lack confidence that he's the man that can get the best out of Cromartie.
smh.gif
The guy scares me, even if it's for the jets' 5th rounder... All the talent in the world but doesn't put it all together consistently (AFC divisional game anyone?)

No way we give up a 1st or 2nd if the Chargers were looking at Maurice freaking Morris anyway.

Gimme Richard Marshall from Carolina for a 2nd over Cromartie for a 5th...

Originally Posted by Derek916

Is this the rookie thread also?

well anyways Yahoo is reporting the niners will take Mays with one of their picks
pimp.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...p;prov=nfp&type=lgns

Yeah, everything offseason thread.

[h1]Report: Cardinals want a third-round pick for Boldin[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 3, 2010 10:33 PM ET

Cardinals G.M. Rod Graves has made it clear that his team is willing to trade wide receiver Anquan Boldin.

But what would it take to get Boldin out of Arizona?

Michael Lombardi reported on NFL Network that the Cardinals "only want a third-round pick" for Boldin. That's not too high a price for a starting wide receiver.

But, Lombardi said, the big sticking point is whether a team acquiring Boldin will be willing and able to fork over the money necessary to make Boldin happy. In other words, Boldin won't just cost a third-round pick. He'll cost a third-round pick plus a big new contract.

Boldin said after the season ended that he wouldn't request a trade. But the Cardinals may have come to the realization that their offense is just fine without him, and that they ought to get whatever they can for him. If what they can get is a third-round pick, the Cardinals would apparently be fine with that.

I can handle a third for Boldin.  (if we don't get Dez) 

McClain in the first round, Safety in the second round, third rounder for Boldin.  That's the start of a nice offseason right there. 
pimp.gif

Use the rest of the draft to bring in some depth at OL, maybe another LB or 2 if we can.  Add another WR thru free agency, nothing major just another solid guy on the roster, and maybe somehow find a way to get Rolle.  I'd be pretty happy. 

If the Jets trade for Cro, he's gonna have a 10+ INT season...and give up 150 per game. Call him the new Target...

Darren Sproles, running back

Where he will sign: Washington -- The Chargers came to the conclusion that as a situational back, Sproles wasn't worth the $7 million-plus price tag he was in line for if they tendered him as a restricted free agent. But Mike Shanahan covets him from his days competing against San Diego in the AFC West, and the ******** have been known to overpay for skill players in free agency (Antwaan Randle El and Brandon Lloyd come to mind).

Where he should sign: Philadelphia -- The Eagles are reportedly interested, and if so, Sproles would fill the third-down back/return man role quite nicely. With no Brian Westbrook around to throw the ball to any more, the Eagles would let Sproles inherit the same role he enjoyed his greatest success with in San Diego. The Eagles have LeSean McCoy to carry the rushing load, and Sproles would add yet another electrifying young playmaker in Philly.
NFL Free Agents : Where they will sign vs where they should sign

Looks like Ryan Clark is going to be UFA. Surprises me, guy is pretty good and hits a ton. I'm worried abou Hampton getting 3 years, he needed to be signed for this year but I think a franchise and 1 year would've been better unless he stays somewhat motivated. I killed Reed last year but he does kick well at Heinz. Pitt needs a good drafting the D side bu should be poised to make a run this year at #7

Back
Top Bottom