Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

[h1]Roethlisberger suspended six games, must undergo evaluation[/h1]
National Football League

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Wednesday that he must undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals and will be suspended without pay for the first six games of the regular season for conduct detrimental to the NFL in violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.

After consultation with Goodell, Steelers President Art Rooney and the commissioner informed Roethlisberger by telephone Wednesday of the two-step approach that is designed to hold Roethlisberger accountable for his conduct and provide him an opportunity to change his behavior and establish himself as a responsible individual.

In a letter to Roethlisberger, Goodell said that Roethlisberger must adhere to any counseling or treatment that is recommended by the professional evaluators to help him make better decisions and avoid situations that can cause legal or other problems. A professional behavioral evaluation is mandatory for anyone that has violated the personal-conduct policy. Roethlisberger may not attend any team offseason activity after today until he has completed the evaluation and the evaluating professionals confirm with the commissioner that Roethlisberger may resume football activities. If so cleared, Roethlisberger will be able to participate in training camp and preseason games this summer.

The commissioner said he would review Roethlisberger’s progress under the plan prior to the start of the regular season and consider whether to reduce the suspension to four games. Failure to cooperate and follow the plan could result in a longer suspension, Goodell added.

“The personal conduct policy makes clear that I may impose discipline ‘even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime’ as, for example, where the conduct ‘imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person’,

Adam_Schefter

Here are teams that Steelers have called about Roethlisberger: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns. 

Here are the known no's on interest in Roethlisberger right now: Rams, Bills. Others might not be, just not known yet.

The Browns
eek.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I still don't see him being moved...

they were ready to cut santonio until the jets picked up....
im not sayin they would cut ben, but this is the 3 incident, (2nd involving serious issues)

to me the steelers been a franchise that would rather move players than jeopardize the history of the team, my dad who is a huge steelers fan says he rather go 6-10 then have Big Ben destroying the face of the franchise.... 

even if you send big ben to the browns, he still aint gonna hurt you, the browns have too many holes..... 

id ship big ben to the browns for the 7th in a heart beat, draft clausen and keep moving..... or trade down, take OL/D help, take Mccoy or Pike later on.... 

[h1]Steelers extend Byron Leftwich's contract[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 21, 2010 2:14 PM ET
The Steelers wasted no time extending their Ben Roethlisberger insurance policy.

Byron Leftwich's contract was extended through 2011 Wednesday, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.  Leftwich's old deal originally ended in 2010.

This move is yet another sign the Steelers are preparing for life without Roethlisberger.  (We're not saying he will be traded, but the Steelers are covering their bases.)  Leftwich is clearly comfortable in Pittsburgh, and knows that starting jobs aren't awaiting him elsewhere.

I think he is definitely getting moved. Too many rumblings and preparation.

The question is what are they gonna be able to get for him ?

I dont either but you never know with Mike Tomlin he's a bit of an enforcer although that would be a call from the Rooney's t trade Ben.

This sucks for us tho but I have faith in Leftwich

If he is moved I don't just want a top 10 pick, get some picks through out the draft as well

I wouldn't mind getting Big Ben, as long as we don't give up Nnamdi. There are rumors of Oak and Pitt swapping first round picks, Nnamdi goes to

Pittsburgh and Big Ben to Oakland.

I'd rather go 4-12 with Jason Campbell than 12-4 with Big Ben. Dude is a scumball. He deserves to go to the Raiders
laugh.gif

Nnamdi in Pittsburgh
c8e161188c56e743b5c9502f10b7a785ba5aa365.gif

To hell with Brett Favre...go after Roethlisberger Zygi.

Back
Top Bottom