Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by LA213ESPG

I wouldn't mind getting Big Ben, as long as we don't give up Nnamdi. There are rumors of Oak and Pitt swapping first round picks, Nnamdi goes to

Pittsburgh and Big Ben to Oakland.
Every time Schefter makes a trade rumor with the Raiders he always says they'll trade Nnamdi and it never happens. Last time it was "Nnamdi for Asante and McNabb" and before that it was "Nnamdi to the Jets" and the Raiders came out and said "Nnamdi is untrade-able."  I wouldn't be worried.

I would trade my 1st for Ben if I'm Oak. 
Even if he doesn't take no for an answer 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

I would trade my 1st for Ben if I'm Oak. 
Even if he doesn't take no for an answer 
laugh.gif
I'd rather keep the 1st and start Grad than wait 6 weeks to play Ben.

I feel you. 
More then likely it's only going to be 4 games .I can see Bee in a Raiders jersey though. It suits him

[h1]Bills deny they have discussed Ben Roethlisberger[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 21, 2010 5:53 PM ET

There's some disagreement about who the Steelers have called about Ben Roethlisberger.

ESPN's Adam Schefter says they dialed a long list, while NFL Network's Jason La Canfora says they have been more selective.  It happens. We're not here to judge.

The two information agree on one point: The Steelers called the Bills.  Buffalo G.M. Buddy Nix, however, says it's not true.

"Nobody talked to me and I assure you that nobody has talked to anyone in this building," Nix told 103.3 in Buffalo, according to the Bills P.R. department.  "You can put an end to that rumor."

It's interesting to note Doug Whaley, a former Steelers executive, joined the Bills this offseason.  La Canfora says that makes the Bills less likely to trade for Roethlisberger.

This supports the notion that Roethlisberger has other off-field problems other than his legal mishaps.  We don't think the Steelers would be so willing to trade him if not for a longer history of things that annoy his employer. 

This entire episode may be a reminder Roethlisberger needs to improve his work habits and attention to detail regarding football while he cleans up his private life.

Yall really thinking Ben going to be traded, huh?

It took us 2 decades to get another franchise QB after Bradshaw. And right now yall teams are feeling it too.

The Rooneys aint dumb.

Laron Landry is bulking up to 240 to play some LB this year....

I'm all for it. Whatever it takes to get him out of the FS spot and closer to the LOS is good w. me.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm all for it. Whatever it takes to get him out of the FS spot and closer to the LOS is good w. me.
laugh.gif
Isn't He 210-213 now? Now, the real question is, PEDs or no PEDs?

Edit: Just read He is at 230 now
eek.gif
. I wonder if He lost any speed.

keep them shook dudes duckin like they supposed to
they come around but they never come close to
i can see it inside ur face
u in the wrong place
cowards like u get your whole body laced up

I know it ain't saying much and the tape don't lie...but he's >>>> in run support than defending the pass.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Yall really thinking Ben going to be traded, huh?

It took us 2 decades to get another franchise QB after Bradshaw. And right now yall teams are feeling it too.

The Rooneys aint dumb.

No, just throwing some scenarios out there. Franchise QB are really hard to find. I truly think we found ours in Henne. The only problem, it took as a decade.

And that's why I said if I were Oak, I'd trade for him

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

http://www.youtube.com/v/iVkfLvSpGrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/iVkfLvSpGrA&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/iVkfLvSpGrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/iVkfLvSpGrA&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/iVkfLvSpGrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/iVkfLvSpGrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&
Troy Polamalu would have made that tackle. They put him on BLAST too.
laugh.gif

He wasn't at full speed yet, Laron probably could have stood there and waited for help.

laugh.gif
"What in the world was that"

[h1]Broncos' team-first concept fuels Marshall trade[/h1]

Posted: 04/15/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

All systems, minus the stars, are a go for Josh McDaniels. The Broncos have plenty of quarterbacks, but no star. They have several receivers, but no star receivers.

If the Broncos are going to end their four-year playoff drought, it will be their young coach and his unwavering belief in his systems that will lead them.

With the trade Wednesday of wide receiver Brandon Marshall to the Miami Dolphins for two second-round draft picks, the McDan-iels-led Broncos again demonstrated their philosophy that talent alone is overrated as it pertains to winning NFL championships.

"They felt it was best if he wasn't part of the team, and they moved him on," Broncos tight end Daniel Graham said Wednesday night at a function at Denver North High School.

The final numbers on Marshall in four years with the Broncos: three 100-catch regular seasons, two Pro Bowl appearances, zero career playoff appearances.

By accommodating Marshall's desire to be traded, the Broncos also reinforced that no one player is above the team. Talent is great, so long as it melds into McDaniels' system-specific, team-before-self concept. Now that McDaniels, general manager Brian Xanders and owner Pat Bowlen have rid themselves of a major headache, they must convince Broncos fans they have their heads on straight.

"I'm happy and excited for Brandon to have the opportunity to do something he's wanted to do, obviously," McDaniels said at Denver North. "I'm also happy and excited about the opportunities we're going to be presented here in the coming week with the draft and the opportunity to build our team and our roster the way we want to do it."

McDaniels was referring to Marshall's well-known desire to be traded and get a big contract. The Dolphins took care of that by extending his contract another four years, for a total of $47.5 million — with $24 million guaranteed. The Broncos now have an upgraded draft position, which includes an extra

Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall already is fitting in fine in South Florida, wearing a Marlins baseball cap to the Heat's NBA game against the Nets in Miami. (Alan Diaz, The Associated Press )
second-round pick this year. The Broncos have three picks in the top two rounds — No. 11, No. 43 and No. 45 overall next week. The Broncos also get a 2011 second-round pick from Miami.
When McDaniels replaced Mike Shanahan as Broncos coach after the 2008 season, the most prominent offensive stars he inherited were quarterback Jay Cutler and Marshall. Both were Denver selections from the 2006 draft. Both were 25-year-old players coming off Pro Bowl seasons. Both are now gone.

A little more than a year after making a blockbuster trade that sent Cutler to the Chicago Bears, the Broncos again stole the NFL headlines Wednesday by dealing Marshall.

"I'm thrilled," Marshall told The Miami Herald as he left his physical

[h1]Brandon Marshall[/h1]
examination in Miami. "This is home for me. I'm right up the road from Orlando. I'm a Florida boy."
Marshall attended the Miami Heat's NBA game Wednesday night and wore a Florida Marlins baseball cap. He declined interview requests at the game.

A third prominent Denver offensive weapon from that 2006 draft class, Tony Scheffler, could be traded soon. Scheffler, who leads NFL tight ends with a 13.7-yard per catch average over the past four seasons, faxed his signed tender of $1.176 million to Broncos headquarters Wednesday, a transaction that likely facilitates the next Denver deal.

In Marshall, Denver had its quintessential, star-crossed paradox. Marshall will look a guy in the eye when he speaks and say yes sir, no
sir. He will also visibly pout when life, or the ball, isn't going his way. His undeniable talent was largely offset by three years of police incidents.
In Denver, Marshall felt like a marked man. Rarely were flattering testimonials of his production not balanced with references to his troubled past. Marshall wanted a fresh start, and he put himself on borrowed time last June when he walked into Bowlen's office and first asked for a new contract, and then a trade when the owner didn't give him the answer he was seeking.

Marshall held out from the mandatory minicamp, carrying with him packed boxes to his car following his meeting with Bowlen. Desiring a new deal/trade was not well-timed as Marshall issued his plea at a time when he was facing a public trial on domestic charges with a former girlfriend.

The Broncos offered Marshall a multiyear contract worth $9.5 million a year, but he rejected it because of a lack of upfront money and the team's insistence on protections against the possibility of further trouble.

"It seemed like he really wanted to get out of here and go somewhere he thought he'd be happy," Graham said. "I don't think he felt like that was going to be Denver."

Marshall went to trial last August and was cleared on charges of misdemeanor battery in an Atlanta courtroom. He then again sought a multiyear contract extension.

And once again, Broncos management decided Marshall had presented enough conduct problems to consider him a risky long-term investment. Marshall reacted by punting the ball away from a ball boy during practice and drawing a suspension for the final three preseason games.

He was able to refocus enough to have another 100-catch season, only to pull up with a strained hamstring early in the first practice leading up to the final game of the 2009 season. McDaniels had enough and essentially suspended Marshall from participating in the Broncos' finale against the Kansas City Chiefs.

On it went. Just before the NFL offseason opened for business on March 4, it was revealed during Willie Clark's trial for the murder of Darrent Williams that Marshall, by his own admission on the witness stand, and his cousin helped escalate the nightclub fight that preceded the shooting.

But the NFL is foremost a bottom-line, win-or-else business, and there was a market for the physical freak that is the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Marshall. Besides the Dolphins, the Seattle Seahawks and the New York Jets made plays for Marshall.

The trade to Miami was surprising because Dolphins coach Tony Sparano had said a month ago he didn't think Marshall would be a good fit. However, Bill Parcells has final say on Dolphins personnel, and he has never been afraid of working with controversial, but talented, receivers. See Terry Glenn with New England, Keyshawn Johnson with the Jets and Terrell Owens with Dallas.

And now Parcells has Marshall. The Broncos are fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom