Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by dreClark

All TG ran was go routes and screens.

When the Dolphins went up and grabbed him w/ that pick, NT went nuts.

And not to mention the fact that they came out in 2 different years. When Santonio came out, he was the #1 WR @ O$U
i'll give you that on the go routes and screens

but just comparing the college statistics of the two, it isn't that cut and dry..  AND then you had to add in the return value ginn brought AND like you said he wasn't a finished product at receiver (being a high school DB).. just figured he would turn out to be a better pro

ginn at OSU:
[table][tr][td]2005[/td][td]51[/td][td]803[/td][td]15.7[/td][td]73[/td][td]4[/td][td]9[/td][td]72[/td][td]8.0[/td][td]68[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]59[/td][td]781[/td][td]13.2[/td][td]58[/td][td]9[/td][td]3[/td][td]17[/td][td]5.7[/td][td]16[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

holmes at OSU:
  [table][tr][td]2004[/td][td]55[/td][td]769[/td][td]14.0[/td][td]80[/td][td]7[/td][td]2[/td][td]19[/td][td]9.5[/td][td]19[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]53[/td][td]977[/td][td]18.4[/td][td]85[/td][td]11[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

If we're gonna play the stats game then Freddie Barnes > Dez Bryant

At the end of the day, the only WR ability that Ginn has now, and had in college, over Santonio was the ability to run ridiculously fast in a straight line.

Santonio was better than him in literally every other facet of the game.

that's the reason why i THOUGHT he would be a good professional player..

with the new rules that favor receivers over defense backs.. a smaller fast (and also much more importantly QUICK) receiver can find more success in todays nfl, hence the reason i thought he would be able to have the same success that deseasn is now having once he learned the position.. because they are both fast players that have success as return men (although desean has shown that he is also extremely quick)

but i have been wrong before.. hell, i didn't think desean would turn out as well as he did.. especially when we found out how small he was at the combine (5'9 165)

but here are desean's college stats for comparison:
[table][tr][td]2005[/td][td]38[/td][td]601[/td][td]15.8[/td][td]56[/td][td]7[/td][td]8[/td][td]48[/td][td]6.0[/td][td]17[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]59[/td][td]1060[/td][td]18.0[/td][td]62[/td][td]9[/td][td]5[/td][td]19[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]9[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]65[/td][td]762[/td][td]11.7[/td][td]44[/td][td]6[/td][td]11[/td][td]132[/td][td]12.0[/td][td]73[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Eli > Ben football wise? Huh?

I mean OVERALL. Of course 2 rings>1>0 but with all the headaches Ben is causing and how much of a crybaby Rivers is.. I think Eli was the best QB in that draft. Plus Eli's #s aren't THAT bad.

Sources: Bills want 2nd-rounder for Lynch

The Buffalo Bills will be entertaining offers for former Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch(notes) heading into next week’s NFL draft, multiple sources have told Yahoo! Sports.

While the Bills have not been actively shopping Lynch around the league, two sources in contact with the Bills said Buffalo would be open to moving him if a package included a second-round pick. And though no dialogue has taken place between the Bills and potential suitors, the aforementioned sources say the Seattle Seahawks, who hold the 28th pick in the second round (60th overall), have had internal discussions about acquiring Lynch.

The match would seem to be a comfortable fit: Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is familiar with Lynch after facing him three times while coaching USC, and Lynch’s best friend – former Cal teammate Justin Forsett(notes) – carries a portion of the load in the Seattle backfield. In addition, the new Seattle regime apparently isn’t sold on current starter Julius Jones(notes) as the long-term answer in the backfield.

A two-time 1,000-yard rusher, Lynch has favored a trade out of Buffalo since losing his starting role to Fred Jackson(notes) last season. Lynch was suspended the first three games of the 2009 season for violating the league’s personal conduct policy, stemming from a guilty plea for a misdemeanor gun charge. After losing his starting role last season, the 2007 first-round pick has failed to show up for offseason workouts with the Bills. However, he isn’t subject to fines by the team until he misses a mandatory event, and the Bills won’t hold their mandatory offseason mini camp until June 23-25.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Sources: Bills want 2nd-rounder for Lynch

The Buffalo Bills will be entertaining offers for former Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch(notes) heading into next week’s NFL draft, multiple sources have told Yahoo! Sports.

While the Bills have not been actively shopping Lynch around the league, two sources in contact with the Bills said Buffalo would be open to moving him if a package included a second-round pick. And though no dialogue has taken place between the Bills and potential suitors, the aforementioned sources say the Seattle Seahawks, who hold the 28th pick in the second round (60th overall), have had internal discussions about acquiring Lynch.

The match would seem to be a comfortable fit: Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is familiar with Lynch after facing him three times while coaching USC, and Lynch’s best friend – former Cal teammate Justin Forsett(notes) – carries a portion of the load in the Seattle backfield. In addition, the new Seattle regime apparently isn’t sold on current starter Julius Jones(notes) as the long-term answer in the backfield.

A two-time 1,000-yard rusher, Lynch has favored a trade out of Buffalo since losing his starting role to Fred Jackson(notes) last season. Lynch was suspended the first three games of the 2009 season for violating the league’s personal conduct policy, stemming from a guilty plea for a misdemeanor gun charge. After losing his starting role last season, the 2007 first-round pick has failed to show up for offseason workouts with the Bills. However, he isn’t subject to fines by the team until he misses a mandatory event, and the Bills won’t hold their mandatory offseason mini camp until June 23-25.

But how does that work with us trying to get Brandon Marshall? Its looking more likely we're not trading any first round picks, and we only have one 2nd round pick, which i assume would be used in a some sort of package to trade for Marshall.

However Lynch in the backfield would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pete Carrol trying to get all the troubled players
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. This fool had Mike Williams come and work out for the hawks
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, the new thing being thrown around on PFT is the Steelers are open to trading Ben. I put very little into this since its coming from PFT.

While I do think the Rooney/Colbet/Tomlin clan have discussed this, I just do not see this happening. The Steelers would not be willing to pay that kind of money
to the #1 pick. Also John Fedko is a joke, his call in show is nothing but prank calls and he was less contacts within the NFL than my dead grandmother.

As a Steelers fan I wouldn't be shocked if a trade went down just not this one with the Rams involving the #1 pick.

http://profootballtalk.nb...-ben-trade-rumors-start/

I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm not sure that would happen. It would be a huge risk trading a two-time SB winner. They'd either have to have huge confidence Dixon, or know something about the future that we don't.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Eli > Ben football wise? Huh?

I mean OVERALL. Of course 2 rings>1>0 but with all the headaches Ben is causing and how much of a crybaby Rivers is.. I think Eli was the best QB in that draft. Plus Eli's #s aren't THAT bad.
performance wise ben > eli but w/common sense eli > ben since sum1 dont kno how 2 treat a 1nite stand lol
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

YESSS THERE IS A GOD, FINALLY A LEGIT RECEIVER. TAKE THAT JETS.

SO IM GUESSING WE GO NT OR LB/PASS RUSHER NOW IN THE FIRST.

Trade down a get a 2nd Rd pick back would be my 1st option and it will be what Parcells will try to do

Adam_Schefter

If Seattle had pick No. 40, which it traded to SD for Charlie Whitehurst, it would have had a better chance at landing WR Brandon Marshall.

Thank u Charlie & Pete
pimp.gif

i like the trade for the dolphins.. marshall is still only 26.. and i'm glad he didn't end up on the ********, as an eagles fan..

but man.. marshall goes from facing nhambi twice a year, to now facing revis twice

Back
Top Bottom