**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

david lee tribute 
pimp.gif

Am I the only one who doesn't like Amare taking 17 ft jumpers? He's not his best when he's trying to put the ball on the floor. I know he wants the stretch the court out, but sometimes you need to drive the ball in on small forwards. He should be eating up Lee in the post.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Amare has been real vocal this year. I don't think he was ever this vocal in Phoenix.
who cares if he's vocal his play on court has shown that he's quiet as can be.

see announcer just said the same thing. how can you be mad at amare when he's literally going against the entire team by himself

Originally Posted by DubA169

see announcer just said the same thing. how can you be mad at amare when he's literally going against the entire team by himself
excuses.  this is not the same stat that played in phoenix

We've played 7 games this season....relax man. It's gonna take time for him to adjust. His turnover problem is frustrating me too, but the proper adjustments will come with time. Now if he's still playing like this halfway into the season, then we have a serious problem.

how is it an excuse? he has 16 points? he's playin well today.

no *#%+ it's not the same stat. he's not playing with nash, dragic, lopez, and richardson

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Is it just me, or are we the baby Orlando Magic? It's almost the exact same setup, except our center is too short and almost everything is downgraded.

Dwight Howard & Brandon Bass = Amar'e & Ronny Turiaf (ORL)
Rashard Lewis = Gallo (Upgrayedd, spelled with 2 D's for a double dose of that pimpin')
Vince Carter = Wilson Chandler (push)
Jameer Nelson = Raymond Felton (last year's playoffs hurt, but Felton's defense
smokin.gif
)

JJ Redick = Toney Dougle (push, for the moment)
Mikael Pietrus = Bill Walker (ORL)

I know that I'm probably reaching, but ...
eyes.gif
Except the crucial difference is Dwight single handedly makes that team a top defensive team in the league, and Amare cannot and will not do that for us. And while Turiaf is a high-energy defensive minded player and much appreciated, he isn't in the same ballpark as D12.

I'm obviously not of the belief D'Antoni doesn't care about defense or doesn't realize it's importance.

His issue is he just plays these small ball lineups a lot of the time and it #@+*%!@ sucks. We don't have a Shawn Marion...

When he's gone big this year we've been a decent defensive team. He needs to understand it. Even if Turiaf is out, give more minutes to AR, let Mozgov use up his fouls.

I do not want to see Will at the 4. it will not work.

Back
Top Bottom