**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Dayum good win by the bucks yesterday...or the Knicks are just that bad?....

Jennings finally showed up. Dude let the rockstar lifestyle get to his head this summer

Anyway...bucks are better that what they showed so far this season. 3-5...time to step up
nobody gives a %#%*. start a Bucks thread

Originally Posted by Im Not You

At what point do ya'll start worrying about Amare Stoudemire's leadership?
Has his leadership ever been in question?  He seems to be a great leader based on his work ethic and his effort.  If you don't want to follow that, then you don't want to win in my opinion. 

Please school me of anything in his past that put his leadership into question. 

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

So if David Lee come in and gets 24 & 14 to Amare's 18 & 8 how will the fans react???
nerd.gif
David Lee and Amare's games are very different. Lee gets all his points off pick and rolls and putback. He struggles to create his own shot. Amare can create for himself and draws double teams. If only the other guys could hit their shots.

So IMO Amare has a bigger effect on the overall game than D. Lee does, therefore he's worth more.

Mozgov needs to learn how to close out on shooters instead of trying to jump at them from 5 feet away. stupid fouls last night on everyone. and enough with falling for pump fakes, jeez

Amare's leadership has actually been the best part about him so far IMO.

I'm not in the locker room, but everything he's said and has done as this teams leader has been far above what I expected. (unless something happened last night cause I turned that garbage off)

The things I expected him to be bad at, he's done well..the things I expected him to be great at, he's done poorly at.

He just needs someone next to him. He's not going to carry a team much past 35 wins.

Amar'e's never been a #1 option and he never will be.  He was a piece that we need to pick up to bring other guys here and he will do that.  People want to play with the guy.  And plus he has matured so much and became a real voice and veteran.  This year will have ups and downs but I still believe we can grab the 8th seed.

I don't think I've ever seen him look this bad in the post on the defensive end. I'm sure he'll pick it up and swipe at least two more boards a game.

With David Lee playing defense on Amar'e tonight, I'm expecting him to have a great game..Last night Amar'e was being guarded by Drew Gooden and Bogut, both above average defenders, and he still played fairly well..So hopefully Amar'e and Turiaf can score easily in the post and let's pray that the rest of the Knicks attack the paint since the Warriors defense isn't very good..But knowing this team they'll probably just jack up contested jumpers and unnecessary 3 pointers

i said it in the beginning of the season and i think its still true. gallo and randolph are the x-factors for how well we do, and its not for trade value to get melo lol

gallo is the only player on the knicks roster with the potential to become a legit second option next to amare, but as of now dude can't even hit an open J. its early in the season but we could have already had one or 2 games swing our way if he hit a few shots that "the best shooter i've ever seen" according to d'antoni should make.

i think randolph will start to come around on both ends of the floor after about 15 or so more games. he just needs more confidence and strikes me as a player whose defensive intensity will pick up once he starts gettin some buckets and really gets into the game.

[h3][/h3]
On April 3, Andrew Bogut suffered injuries to his right hand and right elbow after Amar'e Stoudemire slightly touched him as he was going for a breakaway dunk. Bogut missed the rest of last season after that play and is still not 100 percent.

The two faced each other for the first time Tuesday in Milwaukee and during the third quarter they had a verbal exchange after Bogut elbowed Stoudemire while they were going up the floor. Stoudemire was upset Bogut and was given a technical foul.

Asked if the dispute with Bogut was related to last year's injury, Stoudemire told the New York Daily News: "Possibly. I don't know what he's thinking. I think they might have amped him up to play very physical out there and that might have been the way he reacted on the court."

Bogut didn't want to talk about the incident after the game.

"I can't remember the play," Bogut told the Journal Sentinel. "Which play are you talking about? It's a long game. Third quarter? I'll check the tape on that one and get back to you tomorrow or the day after. I've got a blank. Sorry, guys."

Landry Fields is nice.. I wasn't upset about hsi pick cuz i don't watch college bball.. He reminds me of a San Antonio Spurs kind of player.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Jennings finally showed up. Dude let the rockstar lifestyle get to his head this summer

Anyway...bucks are better that what they showed so far this season. 3-5...time to step up

just voicing my opinion dumb ++!%

but yall should be mad...cant score 1 point against the packers (jets fans) than get spanked by the bucks

I understand Amare is great with the pick and roll but... does that need to be ran EVERY play ?

If we're gonna do that then try the pick and roll with other players, cuz Felton isn't a great shooter.

Try the pick and roll with Fields, Gallo, Douglas, or Chandler..
grin.gif

I'm not a coach tho just saying.. I think we need MarshMellows
nerd.gif
( Not saying any names)

it's almost never run properly that's the problem.

i would like to see what jerry sloan would do with this knicks squad...

if it takes 3 all stars to run the system properly, it's a gimmick.

of course melo/lebron plus cp3/deron plus amare of course would be racking up wins in a "dantoni offense" they would rack up wins in any system

Originally Posted by DubA169

of course melo/lebron plus cp3/deron plus amare of course would be racking up wins in a "dantoni offense" they would rack up wins in any system
They would be racking wins in my system
laugh.gif

But i mean run the pick and roll with other players not Felton to Chandler.. I mean Chandler-Amare, Fields-Amare. Gallo- Amare should work out pretty good.

I wanna know what coach tell them about our 3Pt attempts

youngmoney wrote:
Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

youngmoney wrote:

just voicing my opinion dumb ++!%

but yall should be mad...cant score 1 point against the packers (jets fans) than get spanked by the bucks

are we really cherry picking Wisconsin teams that are better than new york teams?

NY > WI

Back
Top Bottom