**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by Al3xis

any road win is a good win.

5-4 with Turiaf playing 20+, not a coincidence. Play with size, and this team is not THAT bad.

Felton has pretty much been solid all year. don't see how anyone could complain about that guy.

This.

That.

... and that.

UPPTEMPO8387 - preach.

Clippers tonight?  *holds breath*

Who cares if the Clippers suck. You know the 76'ers were 2-10 before last night? Guess who one of those wins came against.

I think the reason that people are nervous about us playing the Clippers is the fact that their record is horrible..You might think "why would that be bad?" but everyone assumes a team that is doing horribly will immediately be more hungry and come out playing 150%...However, that doesn't always necessarily=a win for the team with the bad record...The Knicks are hungry because they know that they had the opportunity to be an above .500 team if they didn't choke in a lot of games during that 6 game losing streak...So in essence, both of these teams are hungry

Blake is a beast, we all know that, but like Mayhem mentioned, they don't have Chris Kaman...He's their most efficient big man and a good rebounder..Now, all of the rebounding and low post scoring rests on Blake...I'm not gonna say I would give the Knicks a 100% chance of winning tonight, but unless they choke like they did during their losing streak, I don't see them losing this game

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Also, the Clippers are 25th in scoring, 22nd in assists per game, and 26th in points allowed[/color]...If you don't even have faith in the Knicks winning this game then you have no faith at all 
laugh.gif

Good win, hopefully 3 in a row will do something for us.

Quick question, who had the better dunk on us, Ellis or Rose? Lol

all i know is that we won both games where they had a monster dunk on us. but i liked rose's better

Originally Posted by DubA169

all i know is that we won both games where they had a monster dunk on us. but i liked rose's better

I prefer the Knicks monster win over Chicago

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Who cares if the Clippers suck. You know the 76'ers were 2-10 before last night? Guess who one of those wins came against.
Yeah, but being so sure they're gonna smack us is a bit ehhh.

I just want a season where we have more wins then loses, I'll be very happy with 41/41 or 42/40. Anyone with me on this?

CP3 to NY took a hit? Hornets FO on a real mission not to jack this up vol. Cleaveland.
Spoiler [+]
Proshares wrote:
Old pals Chris Paul and Jarrett Jack can finally swap passes and assignments, not just jokes.
Chris Paul gets to play with his one of his best buddies, but theNew Orleans Hornetswould have made a great trade today even if he andJarrett Jackwere sworn enemies. Today's deal, which sends Jack, big manDavid Andersenand guardMarcus Banksto the Hornets while forwardPeja Stojakovicand guardJerryd Baylesshead to Toronto both positions New Orleans as a strong contender in the West and cleans up its balance sheet.

While Stojakovic has the biggest name, Jack should be the headliner, both because he's the best player in the deal and because his acquisition continues the let's-keep-Chris-happy narrative in Nawlins -- one can consider this part of the ongoing project of Hornets GMDell Dempsand coach Monty Williams to endear Paul to the franchise's new management team.

Of more interest to me is that the Hornets achieved a rare double whammy: Improving their chances for this season while also getting themselves under the luxury tax. Moreover, they did it without sacrificing important future assets or taking on a toxic long-term contract. The latter point, in particular, was the main reason Paul had voiced his displeasure with the team's direction over the summer, but today's deal represents something of a final exorcism of the Bad Contract Era in New Orleans.

In the past five months, the Hornets have dumped the four contracts that had left them boxed in a salary cap corner. First came the divestiture of full midlevel deals forMorris PetersonandJames Posey, and then just prior to opening night, they dumped a bloatedDarius Songailacontract left over from a cascade of bad trades emanating from another midlevel mistake (Bobby Jackson). Now, the worst mistake of the Fatal Four is off their books, as the final year of Stojakovic's five-year, $60 million deal becomes property of the Raptors.

This was in part another tax-motivated deal for the Hornets. New Orleans shed just enough ducats to get itself under the luxury-tax line this season, eliminating the need to make more painful cuts of the type that have plagued them in recent seasons.

But on the court, there are three major reasons to like this trade for New Orleans.

First, Jack is, at the moment, better than Bayless. For a franchise in win-today mode, that's a vital consideration. Bayless may eventually become a potent high-scoring guard as a poor man'sDevin Harris, but he isn't there yet and was unlikely to ever reach that status playing 10 minutes a night behind Paul. In fact, he had struggled mightily in his brief stay with the Hornets after a solid season in Portland a year ago. (Bayless, incidentally, was a Hornet for just four weeks. Hope he was renting. If you're following the math from the previous trade that brought Bayless from Portland, New Orleans essentially used next year's first-round pick on Jack.)

Second, Jack is much more capable than Bayless of playing with Paul in the same backcourt. He's a better outside shooter and floor spacer, and he is bigger and can more realistically check 2s. Because of those considerations, he's a better fit in the Hornets' rotation than Bayless.

And finally, there's Andersen. Yes, he's softer than cotton candy, but this could be a useful throw-in. The one thing he can do is play the pick-and-pop game. With a masterful pick-and-roll point guard like Paul on his side, that's likely to make Andersen a useful offensive weapon off the bench. He's a 7-footer too, so as limited as he may be defensively he helps address a glaring lack of size in the Hornets' second unit.

All told, the Hornets' depth chart appears much more coherent now than it was before the trade. Jack can back up Paul at the point and slide over to the 2 for stretches, while New Orleans can install rookieQuincy Pondexteras the backup small forward behindTrevor Ariza. Starting shooting guardMarco Belinelliplay the 3, while high-scoringMarcus Thorntonand the surprisingly productiveWillie Greenremain other viable backcourt options. Meanwhile, the Hornets now have two legit floor-spacing big men to come off the bench with Andersen andJason Smith.

Plus, the Hornets have still left the door open for a more meaningful transaction down the road. While Stojakovic's huge expiring contact is out of the picture, they have $9 million in expiring deals in Green and Banks, plus other expirings (Belinelli, Smith, Andersen) they can combine in a trade should a blockbuster come available. They also own a desirable young player who isn't getting minutes in Thornton, another in Pondexter, and a $6.2 million trade exception from the Peterson deal.

No blockbuster moves are likely under the financially strained ownership of George Shinn, but should the long-impending sale to the deeper-pocketed Gary Chouest ever be completed, the door remains open for the Hornets to make a more decisive move.

As for Toronto, the big-picture idea here is that a rebuilding team would rather own Bayless' future than Jack's. I think it's a completely defensible trade from that perspective, as Bayless is five years younger.

They may also salvage some financial savings from this deal if they can agree to a buyout with Stojakovic. The Raptors are saying he'll play for the moment, perhaps as part of a scheme to represent every European country on their roster. (Norway, alas, remains elusive.) Nonetheless, Stojakovic appears to have no future with the Raptors, but -- I'm just throwing this out there -- his still-lethal 3-point stroke could hardly be a more perfect fit for a certain star-laden team located due west of the Bahamas.

For the moment, Toronto will have.

The bigger news, however, is that the Hornets seem increasingly confident that they won't be needing to rebuild any time soon. In half a year, New Orleans has very effectively rebuilt its rotation on the fly while getting under the luxury tax, and the Hornets still have assets to pour into future deals. What once looked to be a lottery team appears more like a legitimate title contender every day.
Not to say Jarrett is a good look or anything, but that'd be like the Cavs signing Maverick Carter in '09.

can't think that far ahead with CP. if we do somehow end up with melo and amare some great point guard will want to play with them.

Back
Top Bottom