**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Jeffries really want back on the Knicks...
laugh.gif

Wouldn't mind his defensive play off the bench

Walsh to Larry.. "I really see you in Gallo". Done Deal
Spoiler [+]
258mexk.png

Just hope ya know i'm jokin

Excited about tonight.

Hopefully Amare has a big game tonight. Know he's hype for this and when you add it being on ESPN and him knowing he's trailing in All-Star votes...
nerd.gif

I'm gonna say 35+.
glasses.gif

Felton is going to be ready tonight too vs. Nash. Probably try and prove a point.

intro.jpg

I'd love to have Roy Hibbert on this team.

IF Jim O' Brian cant use him in the rotation, then why not move him?
nerd.gif

Why do people keep saying trades to get a big knowing damn well D'antoni doesn't like anybody over 6'10. I mean he had Lee playing center for 2 year who is even undersized for power forward position
We need to use our bigs more than we need to trade for one .

The only 7 footers that would get burn the Knicks today would be Dirk and Bargani

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by PMatic

David Duchovny on the B.S. Report

Surprisingly level headed Knicks fan.
I'm torn, I hate Bill Simmons but love Duchovny.
I skimmed through it, couldn't even manage to listen that long, I kept skipping over Simmons
laugh.gif
Damn, it's that serious? 
laugh.gif
 Dude used to tear up Isiah every other day in his articles. And he ain't as annoying as Reggie so *kanye shrug*
Originally Posted by Proshares

GR8, you're counting on signing Melo in the offseason. Don't think we can afford Will if that's the case, unless we move players to creat room. Chandler would have a cap hold if he opts out. If we get him in season with a trade, we can sign Chandler and go over the cap.

If the Nuggets don't trade Melo and he tells the Nuggets late June that he won't opt of the $18.5 he's owed next season he can still be traded and sign the extension up until June 30th.
Since Curry doesn't have a contract or an option for next season, after the trade deadline, it's like he's not on our team anymore we might as well waive him. We couldn't trade for him, unless we traded Amar'e. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Main difference between gallo and chandler on offense is Chandler takes 20 shots a game, Gallo takes less than half (and thats his fault). If Gallo takes 20 shots a game there is no question he'll easily score 20+ every night especially with his ability to get to the FT line. Only thing gallo has over chandler on defense though is his flopping ability (charges, etc).

Ex: look at the Thunder, the reason they sucked was cuz they didnt have shooters around Durant (Melo 2.0) and Green (Chandler 2.0). With Melo and Amare no question gallo compliments them better than chandler.
[table][tr][td]10-11[/td][td]NYK[/td][td]34[/td][td]19[/td][td]34.7[/td][td]6.8-13.9 chandler takes 14 shots a gm[/td][td].489[/td][td]1.9-4.9[/td][td].386[/td][td]2.3-2.8[/td][td].823[/td][td]0.60[/td][td]1.50[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]5.1[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]17.9

[/td][/tr][/table]

i have a couple things to say... give credit to where it due... as much as we hate d'antoni for his lack of defense and small ball the knicks are a winning team and are the highest scoring team in the nba... that is saying a lot when we don't have a real superstar... sure amare is great but hes not on that elite superstar level like lebron, wade, and kobe status.... but still the team puts up points with a bunch of role players who are playing better than they really are because of the offense d'antoni uses...now back to the argument on hand about gallo versus will this gets brought up a lot because you can only have one when we get melo eventually due to contract issues...i see both sides where gallo spreads the floor and melo will post up or penetrate and dish to gallo but i like will more... like others said will can defend, rebound, shoot, drive to the hole and get to the free throw line... i can see gallo doing half of that.... sure gallo can drive to the hole and get foul shots and make more threes than will but hes not as consistent and definitely not as aggressive as will...and lets not forget he doesn't play great defense or rebounds... will plays like he has a chip on his shoulder and brings it every night... i can't say the same about gallo...he plays well when he wants too...you can probably say will plays similar to melo so why have both and i kind of agree but at the same time will is a better all around player than gallo and you can play him in more positions... so ya id take will over gallo any day of the week 

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ts_wont_rent_melo_to_western_conference_team/[/h1]
[h1]Nuggets Won't Rent Melo To Western Conference Team[/h1]
Jan 07, 2011 7:37 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Sam Amick writes that not only is it not an option for the Nuggets to lose Carmelo Anthony next summer without compensation, neither is trading him to a Western Conference team that is willing to deal for Anthony without a contract extension.

"There's really only two things that (Masai Ujiri) can do that will guarantee this comes back on him," said a source close to the Nuggets. "Not trading him and losing him for nothing is one, or having that happen (referring to losing him long-term to a Western Conference team on the cheap)."

Amick portrays the standoff as a blinking contest between Anthony, who only wants to end up in New York, and the Nuggets, who prefer to deal him to New Jersey.

Amick writes that the New York front office remains confident that Anthony will be in a Knick uniform sooner or later.

League sources tell Amick that Denver plans to hold on to Anthony until close to the trade deadline to ensure that the Nuggets receive the best possible return

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ts_wont_rent_melo_to_western_conference_team/[/h1]

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Sam Amick writes that not only is it not an option for the Nuggets to lose Carmelo Anthony next summer without compensation, neither is trading him to a Western Conference team that is willing to deal for Anthony without a contract extension.

"There's really only two things that (Masai Ujiri) can do that will guarantee this comes back on him," said a source close to the Nuggets. "Not trading him and losing him for nothing is one, or having that happen (referring to losing him long-term to a Western Conference team on the cheap)."

Amick portrays the standoff as a blinking contest between Anthony, who only wants to end up in New York, and the Nuggets, who prefer to deal him to New Jersey.

Amick writes that the New York front office remains confident that Anthony will be in a Knick uniform sooner or later.

League sources tell Amick that Denver plans to hold on to Anthony until close to the trade deadline to ensure that the Nuggets receive the best possible return

And they will fail Miserably
laugh.gif

Dudes are gonna be forced to Trade Melo for Gallo, Eddy, and AR

Jeff Van Gundy just said we can beat anyone in the East in a 7 game series not named the Celtics or Heat 
laugh.gif
FWIW 

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg

And they will fail Miserably
laugh.gif

Dudes are gonna be forced to Trade Melo for Gallo, Eddy, and AR

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Masai Ujiri ftl
Masai-Ujiri.jpg

Stan Kroenke

KroenkeGETTY_468x702.jpg

2wp4dy0.jpg

Would like a breakout game from Fields.

I can see Denver FO crawling to Donnie last min when Melo declines extending with the Nets. Then the Don gonna pull a quick one on em

50262_99150831195_3669831_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom