**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by DubA169

my theory is this: What Donnie said regarding Wil was so out of character, he always answers questions with a response generally that all options are open, it leads me to believe that Donnie was trying to inflate Wi's trade value and decrease Melo's trade value. Now the leak today saying that the Nets were close on a Melo deal during the X-mas break is a shot fired by the Denver FO to increase the pressure on Donnie especially when you consider that every outlet said that the Nuggets were going to take a break from trade negotiations due to the death od Melo's sister. Add to this that Hahn wrote today that the Nuggets actually like Wil, previously he has said that the Nuggets dont like anybody on the roster, leads me to believe that the Nuggets want Wilson and know that we are Melo's first choice. Donnie is reluctant to part with Wilson at the same time however.

Just doesnt make sense why Donnie would tip his hand and why theres a random "Nets were about to get Melo" report.
Makes perfect sense..
This. Donnie will never say that.

Just wanted to clear things up a bit......If Melo doesnt get traded this deadline, then Denver doesnt get #!*% in return. Correct? So that means there is a 95% chance he's not a Nugget after February?

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by DubA169

my theory is this: What Donnie said regarding Wil was so out of character, he always answers questions with a response generally that all options are open, it leads me to believe that Donnie was trying to inflate Wi's trade value and decrease Melo's trade value. Now the leak today saying that the Nets were close on a Melo deal during the X-mas break is a shot fired by the Denver FO to increase the pressure on Donnie especially when you consider that every outlet said that the Nuggets were going to take a break from trade negotiations due to the death od Melo's sister. Add to this that Hahn wrote today that the Nuggets actually like Wil, previously he has said that the Nuggets dont like anybody on the roster, leads me to believe that the Nuggets want Wilson and know that we are Melo's first choice. Donnie is reluctant to part with Wilson at the same time however.

Just doesnt make sense why Donnie would tip his hand and why theres a random "Nets were about to get Melo" report.
Makes perfect sense..
This. Donnie will never say that.

Just wanted to clear things up a bit......If Melo doesnt get traded this deadline, then Denver doesnt get #!*% in return. Correct? So that means there is a 95% chance he's not a Nugget after February?
Yeah bet Melo would be real upset though and actually like with the S&T with LeBron it'd be the same for Melo if he signs with another team in the offseason after the CBA shhh. Cle still got something for Bron.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

If we sign Melo, keeping Will would make no sense.

Gallo would compliment Melo and be exactly what we would need over Will.

I hate when people say this
laugh.gif
It's true. Gallo is the perfect guy to play alongside Melo and Stat as the number 3 option/6th man.
Will make as much threes as Gallo, with a better percentage. We don't really need a one dimensional 3pt shooter. Why not have a player that is more diverse that can knock down threes almost just as good. ?

If there was anyway Chandler-Melo-Stat was to play vs Gallo-Melo-Stat. Chandlers team would win
laugh.gif

Keeping Will and adding Melo would create too much of a logjam at the 2/3 and Gallo is more than a one dimensional three point shooter, that's just the role jerk off has him playing in. Dude has the ability to be a mismatch every night with his size and driving ability.

lol at "that's just the role jerkoff has him playing" for some reason that made me laugh out loud

watch the trade rumors for nash pick up again after tonights game

regarding melo, Will's slowly become one of my favorite players on the team, let alone the league...and I'm all for keeping him over Gallo whereas he does exactly what Gallo can do
Gallo's slashing ability is lackluster, and seems to only work once or twice because he catches the defense off guard...he's no dirk
grin.gif

Thing is though, does his game work with Melo's? Obviously Melo's not gonna dominate the shot clock like he has done in Denver (he'll return more to his Syracuse form), but will Will be able to get the kind of volume shots he needs?

It would be nice seeing him getting a couple of easy basket cuts, though.

Its all about winning..

But I do forget Gallo is only 22, Chandler 23 I believe.. probably juss turned 24

Gallo took another set back with this injury. We are seeing a healthy Chandler, dude had an injury two seasons in a row

i think wilson would be fine with melo.

listen as much as we hate pringles, he knows what he's doing on the offensive end. there is no denying it. as much as i complain about 4 guys on the perimiter and 1 guy inside.... he knows what he is doing. he would make it work offensively

we just dropped the most points on the spurs in the time duncan era. alot of that is dantoni. he could make it work

defensivly we still wouldn't be able to beat the heat and boston in a 7 game series but who knows. we need to have wilson signed so we can flip him if it doesn't work out.

And where do you guys see Melo and Gallo playing together on the floor?

Will is more versatile than Gallo, he's played and defended 3 positions since he's been here. Gallo? 1. Melo can only play and guard 1 spot as well.

If you keep Gallo, you pigeon hole yourself because he can't play the 2 and you'd have to play Melo/Gallo at the 3/4 and that's not a winning formula. We already know that you can play Will at the 2 or that he can thrive as a jack of all trades 6th man or that he can do okay playing out of position at at the 4...so that opens up an option to play a true big next to Amare..whether Mike comes around to that idea or possibly, that leads to options for a new coach if Mike isn't here in 1,2,3 years.

And Gallo has Gallo to blame for his inconsistencies and playing style. Not anyone else.

Unless Gallo turns it up here off his injury, I'm taking Will if given an option. No question. Better rebounder, better defender, more versatile, and even is shooting better from 3 this year.

That's why you bring Gallo off the bench, Allen, and use him in that Kukoc role. Sure he's not as awesome as Kukoc was for the Bulls, but in a similar role at 25 minutes a game, it'll work.

And I don't see why Melo at the 4 couldn't work at times, especially against teams without a true low post scorer.

I think Gallo can play the 2. It's just a matter if this coach wants him to stop standing at the 3 point line so damn freaking much.
For a 6'10 guy, he's not exactly slow either. 

With a little of a good coaching, he could develop into a versatile point forward. 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

And where do you guys see Melo and Gallo playing together on the floor?

Will is more versatile than Gallo, he's played and defended 3 positions since he's been here. Gallo? 1. Melo can only play and guard 1 spot as well.

If you keep Gallo, you pigeon hole yourself because he can't play the 2 and you'd have to play Melo/Gallo at the 3/4 and that's not a winning formula. We already know that you can play Will at the 2 or that he can thrive as a jack of all trades 6th man or that he can do okay playing out of position at at the 4...so that opens up an option to play a true big next to Amare..whether Mike comes around to that idea or possibly, that leads to options for a new coach if Mike isn't here in 1,2,3 years.

And Gallo has Gallo to blame for his inconsistencies and playing style. Not anyone else.

Unless Gallo turns it up here off his injury, I'm taking Will if given an option. No question. Better rebounder, better defender, more versatile, and even is shooting better from 3 this year.
Thank You

Originally Posted by BangDak

I think Gallo can play the 2. It's just a matter if this coach wants him to stop standing at the 3 point line so damn freaking much.
For a 6'10 guy, he's not exactly slow either. 

With a little of a good coaching, he could develop into a versatile point forward. 

He doesn't want to be Hedo he rather be Peja.

Back
Top Bottom