**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

both Mozgov and Turiaf should have gotten 15+ min tonight, there are no excuses. Dantoni did the same %*#% against the Magic and it was the same result

The only explanation is that Turiaf still isn't 100%. If that's not the case, it's inexcusable.

Chandler 8-18, 0-5 from 3pt
Amare 7-24
Felton 4-14
We're also missing Gallinari (which some definitely noticed when we won the last two games, but forget now)

Moz playing 20 minutes wouldn't have changed that. Yes, maybe he grabs some rebounds and we cut down on their offensive boards/2nd chance points. Or maybe we send him in there to "knock someone down" and just foul... good plan, if Gasol didn't shoot 11/12 from the foul line and chances are with how the refs were calling the game, he probably would have been tossed.

It's hard to say "there's no point in complaining"... but damn people. It's the same thing whenever we get beat like this. NO ONE denies we need more height, but when your options are Turiaf, who I have to believe was limited due to health issues, and Mozgov, who can make a difference defensively if he doesn't immediately foul or turn the ball over... not much we can do. I've been rooting for Moz since we got him, and I'm not giving up on him because I want him to get better and contribute, but I understand when he doesn't play with Mike as the coach.

THIS TEAM... right now cannot win with our 3 main guys having a bad shooting night, no team is going to win like that. But we can get hot quickly and when you're only down by 10 a lot of the game, a few possessions quickly changes that, so that's why Mike keeps his shooters in. Is it how I want to play? No... and I'm not a D'Antoni apologist... I'm just a realist who knows that as long as we make the playoffs (which should still be the ultimate goal this season), Mike's here another year. Then barring a disastrous meltdown, he'll still be here next season if we make the playoffs and improve. So strap in tight, because our coach isn't going anywhere. Again, think about the available coaches out there too... not a lot of stellar names jump off the page to me. They're not coaching right now for a reason too, remember that when everyone is calling for him to be fired.

Originally Posted by youngin33

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

whats with the mood lighting at the staples center?
Place is always so damn dark, I don't get it. 
Umm... ok The Garden is even darker.

For whatever reason, I notice it so much more when it's at Staples.

save the electric bills to sign camelo.

Which is why i wanted us to draft Whiteside instead of Landry Fields, but i aint even mad anymore
laugh.gif

I think theres been a setback with Gallo's injury. Steve Adamek said hes still a couple of weeks away at least. The Knicks initially said 2-3 weeks only and its been a week.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I think theres been a setback with Gallo's injury. Steve Adamek said hes still a couple of weeks away at least. The Knicks initially said 2-3 weeks only and its been a week.
Knew it..I was crushed when that happened I swear 
frown.gif

As much as I don't really like Gallo, I feel like his game would have helped us stay close in this one..

Im preety sure im wrong, but I just had a gut feeling

in all honesty, i dont even notice it. maybe i'm used to it.

The garden is no where as dark as Staples Center

Originally Posted by diceloveme

in all honesty, i dont even notice it. maybe i'm used to it.

The garden is no where as dark as Staples Center
this

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

frown.gif
at no Melo.

I feel like a beaten and battered Knicks fan. We can't catch a break.
Calm down, Melo is coming to the Knicks and I'm more confident now than ever. He's not a moron, he isn't greedy, and he doesn't want to play on a losing team with a bunch of senior citizens. This deal's gonna fall through and all these talks from Melo's agent and the Nuggets is just pressure to get the Knicks to blow up their roster for him.

I don't know if Melo wants stay with the Nets since Billups wants a buyout when he gets traded to NJ. RIP isn't the same player before. He's just a role player.

Originally Posted by d3simet

I don't know if Melo wants stay with the Nets since Billups wants a buyout when he gets traded to NJ. RIP isn't the same player before. He's just a role player.
yea this is why i feel like the trade isn't gonna go through.

and if it does, they're not a threat.

I feel disgusted, thinking this could really go down. If it ain't some mutually assured bull %!*% on the Nets part.
30t6p3b.gif

I Don't even want Melo..

Wings: Landreeeeee, Gallo, Wil, Bill Walker, Shawne Williams

Is that not a solid core for the next 10 years?

Melo & Stat's game don't even complement each other..They'll just end up standing while the other one iso's (mostly Melo)

I guess hi-lo posting would work, cuz that's interchangeable but w/e

This team is a few small moves and a defensive philosophy away from championship contention

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by d3simet

yea this is why i feel like the trade isn't gonna go through.

and if it does, they're not a threat.
Nets will give Billups the full $14MM he is owed next year which is a lot more than the $3.7MM buyout. Melo should just wear a knicks fitted to the next game.

Back
Top Bottom