**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by d3simet

I don't know if Melo wants stay with the Nets since Billups wants a buyout when he gets traded to NJ. RIP isn't the same player before. He's just a role player.
yea this is why i feel like the trade isn't gonna go through.

and if it does, they're not a threat.

It's not about them being a threat. We just lost our guy to help us win, because whether we like to believe this or not--We're not going to go anywhere in this league without at least 2 superstars.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

I Don't even want Melo..

Wings: Landreeeeee, Gallo, Wil, Bill Walker, Shawne Williams

Is that not a solid core for the next 10 years?

Melo & Stat's game don't even complement each other..They'll just end up standing while the other one iso's (mostly Melo)

I guess hi-lo posting would work, cuz that's interchangeable but w/e

This team is a few small moves and a defensive philosophy away from championship contention
You sir are out of your mind.

^Amare isn't a "superstar" but he's someone that would be a great second player to a superstar like Melo.

Knicks need to 1) Learn how to play Defense 2) Get a real coach that knows the importance of defense 3) Get bigger. No more of this Gallo or Chandler at PF.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I Don't even want Melo..

Melo & Stat's game don't even complement each other..They'll just end up standing while the other one iso's (mostly Melo)

This team is a few small moves and a defensive philosophy away from championship contention

I mean a solid core of wing players, as opposed to bringing in Melo to disrupt the status quo
and obviously..the last two cogs are expendable, but if we're committed to the first three, what's the point 

and I stand by the last statement..we need a big..I'd like to see the difference after that

just imagine if we had tyson chandler 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

are you saying that we're miles away? this team doesn't rebound, we can't play defense, and we're competitive with the elite teams in the nba..we could've won that game rather easily last night if shots were falling 

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

^Amare isn't a "superstar" but he's someone that would be a great second player to a superstar like Melo.
I wouldn't say heresy, but come on
Amar'e is your likely MVP..you say he aint a superstar? that term sucks, if it's creating this sort of confusion

And having 2 "superstars" is irrelevant..what's the difference if you get the output from 4 guys..or from 2?

you gotta play 5 at a time anyway..ray + wil = more than one "superstar" could've given us thus far

I Don't even want Melo..

I mean a solid core of wing players, as opposed to bringing in Melo to disrupt the status quo
and obviously..the last two cogs are expendable, but if we're committed to the first three, what's the point 

and I stand by the last statement..we need a big..I'd like to see the difference after that

sick.gif
pimp.gif

are you saying that we're miles away? this team doesn't rebound, we can't play defense, and we're competitive with the elite teams in the nba..we could've won that game rather easily last night if shots were falling 
that's what bothers me the most about this team.You can say that about any team in the league. You should be able to win if you hit your shots. But without a legitimate number two scorer that can consistently create his own shot, we wont get out of the 1st round.

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

I wouldn't say heresy, but come on
Amar'e is your likely MVP..you say he aint a superstar? that term sucks, if it's creating this sort of confusion

And having 2 "superstars" is irrelevant..what's the difference if you get the output from 4 guys..or from 2?

you gotta play 5 at a time anyway..ray + wil = more than one "superstar" could've given us thus far
The difference is, rather than needing those other 2 players to carry the "superstar" role, I can use them to fill in specific roles, a strong post defender, a sharpshooter from 3, a lock-down perimeter player, etc. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

i don't know what coach you guys want
I been thinking about that a lot. There really isn't anybody else out there unless yall would be okay welcoming JVG back to the Garden. Everything else would be risking on a lame coach or a 1st timer.

Ideally (not really thinking of unemployed coaches) I'd want Rick Aldeman or Nate McMillan.

I Don't even want Melo..

I mean a solid core of wing players, as opposed to bringing in Melo to disrupt the status quoand obviously..the last two cogs are expendable, but if we're committed to the first three, what's the point 

sick.gif
pimp.gif

I said it before, I really don't see most of our bench being here the time the Knicks win a championship. Other than Landry coming off the bench everybody else is expendable. Almost the same for starters except Amar'e. The team is good now. Really good, a lot more improved. Sure we need a big and backup pg but I'm not sold on this team contending for a ring even if we get that. With the current team I don't believe even if Larry Brown was head coach and we kept the D'antoni offense we'd be winning rings or seriously contending for one.

I think ppl were really surprised with the team cuz they didn't know that Amar'e would be such a good leader, what Turiaf brought to the team, that Chandler would be playing that much better, that Fields would be one of the top 2 rookies in the L, that Felton would be such a good one two punch with Amar'e so yall at times think this team is a puzzle missing a few pieces to make it complete for a NBA championship.

if/when we get a new coach, the offense and some of these players won't look quite as great. Yes, defense could improve, almost a certainty. Offense would also be guaranteed to be worse.

It's not going to be as simple, as, 'hey we have a top 5 offense, now find a coach that stresses defense and we're all set.'

Best thing would be for Mike to swallow his pride and take on a defensive coordinator. Sure, he can pass off his brother as being that but when his coaching resume often is highlighted by success on the High School level, I'm not overly impressed.

We do give up a lot of points, BUT I do see a huge difference with the Suns of past and this team. There is more hustle on defense, just give it time our players are doing great in this system. If we take on a new system we gotta take on a new roster.

okay.... what the +$%%

melo "NY is playing well right now. I don't think they're looking at me. They wouldn't want me to come in there and mess what they have up. That's what I've read so..."

dunno who is telling him what. still think it's rose telling him donnie won't make a deal so just forget about it. as of right now i doubt he's coming

okay.... what the +$%%

melo "NY is playing well right now. I don't think they're looking at me. They wouldn't want me to come in there and mess what they have up. That's what I've read so..."

dunno who is telling him what. still think it's rose telling him donnie won't make a deal so just forget about it. as of right now i doubt he's coming
 Where did you read/see that at?

chris tomasson

go to the carmelo thread on real GM they are on top of all these little twitter updates like flies on crap

I say whoever has a Twitter.. Blow Melos Twitter upTell him to wear a Knicks fitted or a Yankee fitted to the next pres conference after a gameLol

As great as he's been, you will never win a championship with Amar'e as your best play.  Add Dwight or CP3 to this team though and it is a different scenario.

deron > CP3

that still wouldn't help us with out biggest weakness though. i can't even imagine dwight in NYC. doesn't see to have that personality

There's Knicks fans on this page and past pages in this thread that said they wouldn't mind if he didn't come to NY or that they don't want to gut the team for him (which is understandable to an extent). Seems Melo's been reading
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

deron > CP3

that still wouldn't help us with out biggest weakness though. i can't even imagine dwight in NYC. doesn't see to have that personality
You're crazy. With Dwight's personality he would make bank here. I think personality wise him and Amare would play off each other real well.

Yeah, Dwight's always smiling and %$+% having a good laugh. He'd love it here. He'd make those Knicks skits on MSG way more funny.

those who have a twitter really need to blow his twitter up with some philosophical %@$! that will @$%! with his mind and convince him to sign with us this summer

Wasn't around last night, what did the Lakers fan have to say?
laugh.gif

About Melo, Don't care if he comes or not... learned the hard way during the offseason to not care about 'Superstars' supposedly coming or not, if it happens great.. if not I wish the Nets the best, lulzy.

Sucks we couldn't pull off the W last night, but at least we got some comedic relief from Artest/Williams. Good stuff.

I would love Carmelo coming here but with this weak upcoming draft and free agent market, I don't see the Nuggets making this trade for cap space..Ok, the Nuggets get the cap space and then what? There aren't any players in the 2011 free agent market that even come CLOSE to Carmelo's game...Ok, they get draft picks from the Nets..That's nice..But if they get Billups and Carmelo, they'll at least by 9th in the East, which pretty much means they'll be picking like 16th in the draft...Good luck finding a player that will turn your franchise around with the 16th pick, especially in a draft full of no names

now we're onto the 2012 crop? 
laugh.gif

I'm patient, but not that patient. You don't waste 2 prime years from Amare. Losing out on Melo, doesn't bother me much, but you can't just shelve this year and next hoping for Cp3 or Dwight. Been there, done that. There is young talent and there is cap room, no need to sit on it.

I'm not saying you go do something like trade for Igoudala, but you gota make a move to get another star in here shortly.

Back
Top Bottom