**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

3559553805_abfbaf11c6.jpg

IMO, this game just reinforces that losing Gallo AND Chandler for Melo is not a loss at all...

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

IMO, this game just reinforces that losing Gallo AND Chandler for Melo is not a loss at all...
absolutely. don't care if either or both are traded. let's get some big men up in here (no homeowner)

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

WE WANT SLOAN! CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP WE WANT SLOAN! WE WANT SLOAN!
Sloan is garbage.
So? What would I care for your opinion? Go celebrate the end of your losing streak.

Sloan is garbage.
So? What would I care for your opinion? Go celebrate the end of your losing streak.

Relax bro. I was trying to give you a hint that in the 23 years of Sloan's coaching, dude has never won a ship. He's garbage, your team would be well off with any coach if that's the case..

Sloan is garbage.
Relax bro. I was trying to give you a hint that in the 23 years of Sloan's coaching, dude has never won a ship. He's garbage, your team would be well off with any coach if that's the case..
I'm perfectly calm son and no I'd rank Sloan over D'Antoni. Sloan being a garbage coach is an opinion I don't agree with. I guess Utah has had the worst FO for at least a decade for not firing him then right?

Regardless that's neither here nor there. If you were a regular poster in this thread you'd know why I'd want fans in the garden to chant that.

Sloan is garbage.

uhhm. sloan has had more consecutive winning seasons than your franchise alone. anyone would love to have him on board as coach. hall of famer and very underrated. 

We are definitely worn out. I'm not a basketball guru, so I can't comment on past coaches and their systems, but it's easy to see that Pringles needs a deep bench (& utilize it) to successfully run & gun like he wants all season. However, that isn't our most pertinent need right now. We need vast improvements at the other end & that all starts with the head coach.

I don't know man. Really frustrating STILL to be a Knicks fan; even more frustrating now that in recent years when nothing was expected of the team.

I didn't watch this game on ESPN, but flipped to ESPN at half and caught it when dudes were walking to the locker rooms and I saw Donnie Walsh walking to the back with the players with the walker. (Anybody else see this part ?
nerd.gif
)

I seen the Knicks players turning left, but Donnie didn't.

I really hope it's because he was on his way to his office to look at some more numbers, proposals or to make phone calls, because this is the exact kind of performance the New York Knicks can not have. If we are striving to be contenders again, then when the Champs come to your building on a back to back, you can not come out as flat as we did. When we are being shown on National T.V., we can not perform like this. I know the roster isn't a Championship caliber roster, but if your team is building on becoming a contender then when the big boys come to town you better show up and say "Hey, we know who you are, but we coming for you."

All year we've shown up for the big teams when they visited and competed every game, but now the trade talks start and you get scared about being dealt and that deters you from your goal ?

Obviously A LOT of the bad performance and recent bad play overall has A LOT to do with the trade rumors. This HAS to be taken care of IMMEDIATELY. I understand the process of waiting it out, so you don't give up too much, but it's becoming more detrimental to our CURRENT situation. We weren't the best team as it was. But now, when you aren't getting 100% from guys that were main reasons for us winning, because their head isn't 100% in the game, you start to lose your leverage.

First of all, the players that you wanted to involve are now decreasing their value, because they don't want to get traded. Now the Nuggets have every right to want more.

Second of all, when you offer them this "package" and it's clear that the package isn't exactly an even exchange you start to make Melo feel unappreciated. Especially when you are stalling to get him when he's expressed the want to play for your team. Thus the reports of him saying he'd take a hard look at re-signing. This now gives the Nuggets leverage.

I've been one to say that we should hold off, but after tonight. It's done. I'm done. And I have nothing left to say but TRADE FOR MELO NOW.

Chandler is the biggest piece in the discussion. He has chosen to let the talks distract him from playing a game that is supposed to be his #1 priority. The injury could be an issue, but as hard as it is to read dude, it looks like he's quit on us. If he's allowing this to happen, I don't want him on my team. He's not a fighter. He's not a winner.

Fields has came up recently in the talks after the 25 and 10 game. Since then, even though I think it's just 2 games, I can see that he's effected. I love what he does and I know he's a rookie, but if he's being rattled off these talks, then see you later buddy.

Now for Gallo, I must say, I wasn't really a fan of his in the beginning of the season and preferred Will over him. But what I've seen from him during the talks is that he still wants to be good. He's still competing. And he still wants to be a part of the team while he IS on the team. Plus the way he's changed up into a more aggressive player since the injury.
glasses.gif
He can stay. *High 5's Gallo Imaginatively*

Felton is being thrown out there in talks as of late, and like I said, if we just "renting" dude anyway until the 2 premiere PG's are available, then I got no problem exchanging him for Billups. But I wouldn't mind if he stays either. He's a competitor and you could at least see some kind of fire in him tonight until it got out of hand. I believe he is a more then capable guy for us until we make the upgrade.

Basically, it's at the point where, if you going to make the trade it's gotta be THIS coming week. Our next 3/4 games are favorable, so maybe we can get some big performances, but we can't allow ourselves to continue this personality, because if we end up not making the trade and dudes feel safe for the rest of the year it could be too late. The chemistry is slowly fading, dudes won't have the same trust. It just won't be the same. Dudes may want to try and get back to the way they were playing when were getting Amare MVP considerations, but that's easier said then done.

I still trust Donnie. But if he didn't get on that phone tonight or at least hit those trade machines on ESPN then we could be in for a long second half of the season.
30t6p3b.gif

Sloan is garbage.

GTFOWT.
Sloan>>>> Your franchise.

Terrific coachmade the finals twice only to lose to the GOAT and always has his teams overachieving.

Eff it
Spoiler [+]
6zlks5.png

OR

Eff it
Spoiler [+]
2e3y0wy.png

THEN

Spoiler [+]
t56d1y.png

Clips want  SF.. Gallo should work..

Kaman (sit him a week after the AS break)
Amare
Melo
Fields
Billups

Bench: Douglas-Walker-Williams-Moz

2ur2k2c.gif

We don't need an injury prone center like Kaman. Don't care how young he is suppose to be he gets hurt like the age he looks.

Damn, are we really 500 right now? This is the first time I think I've said this. We need to pull the trigger. I like Felton, but I can live with trading him.. dude takes too many quick 3s that miss. Messes up the flow of the offense.. I like what I have been seeing from Mozgod. He's young and he definetly can develop into a big starting piece.. he needs to work though. We need to work the deal for Melo though. I'm okay with waiting, but all the media attention and rumors are causing me to get ancy. There is no reason we shouldn't lock up the #6 seed. The losses are getting me tight.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Sloan is garbage.

uhhm. sloan has had more consecutive winning seasons than your franchise alone. anyone would love to have him on board as coach. hall of famer and very underrated. 
roll.gif

+@+@ this $%@#
mad.gif
I'm pissed man every time I get the opporuntity to watch the Knicks live cause I'm not working - they lose. And what makes me more mad is im beginning to realize that this team won't make $%@# by the time April-May comes around. Trade Felton. Trade Gallo. +@+@ it I don't care. And I don't want Jerry Sloan coaching this team. He's not a players-type coach, he gets into it with his players too much and he's getting old. We need someone young and experienced. Brian Shaw might be ready to coach soon. I'd take back Van Gundy if it was possible!

Back
Top Bottom