**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by S4L3

I'd be shocked if you guys won more than a game vs the Celtics...

Keep trollin trollin trollin trollin
eyes.gif

I'd be shocked if you post on NT after the Bulls get eliminated this year
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

if allen is reading this can you explain why you feel like we are better off against the celtics? trying to convince myself and I can't

positives-shaq is trash. boston is one of the worst rebounding teams in the nba

that's all I got.
The Celtics are struggling, limping into the playoffs. I know this happened last year and they turned it on and went on a tear but this team is one year older and one step slower.

• The Kendrick Perkins trade devastated this team. Aside from the Falcon Punch to the gut to their morale, they have NO inside presence.
  • Shaq is a non-factor, the dude couldn't play 6 minutes without getting hurt after a huge layoff. He's not going to be able to have the leisure of resting once the playoffs come. Amar'e 's first-step is going to torch this dude. The fast pace offense we play, Shaq won't be able to keep up running up and down the floor. And secondly, what did Shaq do for Cleveland last year? Nothing. Aside from a couple of minutes of high intensity from him, we got nothing to worry about in the 5 position.
  • Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and KG are one year older. Aside from Paul Pierce, the other two guys don't necessarily KILL us. I can see Shelden/Amar'e containing KG. Obviously not shutting him out, but these two guys are athletic enough to hang with KG. Allen is the X-factor. Landry will probably be guarding him, but a vet like Jesus will have rookie-Landry running around like a fool. That's the one matchup to look at.
  • We're 0-3 against the Celtics but that was before we traded for Melo. Melo brings a whole new element to our team. You give him the ball and he's going to score. You give him the ball late, he's proven he can score. Pierce didn't have to worry about this matchup all this season. Offensively, I think Melo has the edge, that or they cancel themselves out.
  • I know Chauncey Billups will be starting, and we all know Rondo is going to kill him with his speed BUT I think Toney Douglas will guard Rondo and will be able to keep it respectable. We all know Douglas plays great defense, and it'll be a tough challenge to contain Rondo but I think it'll be entirely possible.
  • We have a better bench. Since our bench is so short, our guys get a lot of playing time. Aside from their starting five, their guys aren't threatening outside of Glen Davis and Jeff Green. Troy Murphy, Von Wafer, Arroyo, J. O'Neal are all useless.
And on a positive note, Delonte West left the game with an injury to the same ankle that kept him out most of the season.

Damn man I did not want to Play the Celtics at all, Why couldn't we just lose some games, why couldn't the Celtics just win some games, damnn!!!

if anthony carta turns into the ray allen stoppa, then we got this.

we havent played the celtics with our current team yet, and every time before that they beat us in the last few seconds. This aint the same Boston Celtics, and we aren't the same NYKs, we definitely have a legit shot IMO.

If we come back to MSG with a win all bets are off, but winning the series is still a long shot. Boston wakes up for games against the Knicks. Just look at the last game. In the midst of a pretty terrible stretch and getting outplayed the first 3 quarters, they come back and win in our building. I just wanna see a solid series played.

I'm so amped for the playoffs man, just forget these last 2 games and start that %$%@ ASAP.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

if anthony carta turns into the ray allen stoppa, then we got this.

we havent played the celtics with our current team yet, and every time before that they beat us in the last few seconds. This aint the same Boston Celtics, and we aren't the same NYKs, we definitely have a legit shot IMO.
THIS

I don't get why everyone is acting like Boston is some sort of unbeatable, unstoppable force
laugh.gif

We got this in 6. Close it out at DA GARDEN
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

If we win one game in Boston, it's over. 2nd round.
smokin.gif

embarassed.gif
 Playoffs are gonna be traumatic no matter what.

You damn right
laugh.gif

I prolly won't sit down 1 minute of the whole series
tired.gif

You know what, I didn't know we played Boston since the trade deadline (and lost 96-86).

I'm sticking with the fact that we're on a 7-game winning streak and play Boston on Wednesday, our final game leading into the playoffs. If we beat them, I think our confidence will be sky-high.

That works opposite too, its a road game, so we have 3-straight road games in Boston (two in the playoffs). I think we'll have a hard time winning game one if we lose the final game, based purely off confidence.

Originally Posted by DubA169

wow yall think dantoni is playing carter. haha
that's what was said in the post yesterday.

wants to play both TD And Carter off the bench.. will cut into Landry's minutes.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I'm sticking with the fact that we're on a 7-game winning streak and play Boston on Wednesday, our final game leading into the playoffs. If we beat them, I think our confidence will be sky-high.
This ain't G-Men v Pats.
laugh.gif

he says alot of things

if he plays sheldon and carter i will be impressed very happy with him. gotta agree with him cutting landry minutes. especially against the celtics.

we need chauncey and toney at the same time if rondo turns back into an amazing crafty player. toney need to stick him

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I just hope we have a competitive series. That's all I want to say.

This.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

If we win one game in Boston, it's over. 2nd round.
smokin.gif

Cmon man.

I don't even know man, as Proph said I just want to see a great series.  Hope we can put it together and steal a game (or 2 which will probably be necessary) in Boston. And protect the crib.

Gonna try like hell to get a ticket or 2 for one of the home games.

not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but do you think melo will play tomorrow or do you think knicks will rest him given that seeds have already been locked. thinkin bout getting tix for tomorrow's game but not if melos not even playing. thanks!

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
@ you thinking that the conferece player of the week is actually something so fantastic... did you not see who you played against the last 6 games?

Aren't the Heat barely an above .500 team against the top 6 NBA teams? Your win record is 75% against scrub teams
laugh.gif
Sorry that our schedule to end the season was against sub-par teams..Let me hit up my dude David Stern and tell him to make sure we end our season against better competition next season so Heat fans can be happy..And while I'm at it why don't I tell him not to give us the literally the most games in March of any NBA team so Knicks-haters don't throw a party because the team struggles due to fatigue
grin.gif
Knicks Big 3 combined =1 championship (Billups)..Heat Big 3= 1 championship (Wade)...Stop frontin' like Lebron and Bosh came to Miami with 4 rings
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

laugh.gif
@ you thinking that the conferece player of the week is actually something so fantastic... did you not see who you played against the last 6 games?

Aren't the Heat barely an above .500 team against the top 6 NBA teams? Your win record is 75% against scrub teams
laugh.gif
Sorry that our schedule to end the season was against sub-par teams..Let me hit up my dude David Stern and tell him to make sure we end our season against better competition next season so Heat fans can be happy..And while I'm at it why don't I tell him not to give us the literally the most games in March of any NBA team so Knicks-haters don't throw a party because the team struggles due to fatigue
grin.gif
Knicks Big 3 combined =1 championship (Billups)..Heat Big 3= 1 championship (Wade)...Stop frontin' like Lebron and Bosh came to Miami with 4 rings
30t6p3b.gif
WHAOW!
Eddie house has a ring TOO!
laugh.gif

knicks in 6

matter of fact, bruce bowen is right...knicks will be in the ecf. they will beat the heat next. and melo is gonna have a tremendous postseason. all the people against the trade before it happened...will see how much you slept on him. knicks fans dont even know how lucky they are yet.

Back
Top Bottom