Official '16 JORDAN XII Black/Red FLU-GAME (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING FAQS PG.1)

True, I just hate getting banned for stuff that others do too. I was taught to defend myself whenever and don't take no **** from no one. I'm missing one of the biggest releases of this year.
Good luck using that mentality in the real world. Sometimes it's better to just let little things go.

Nah I'm only playing bro your knowledge of DBZ will always earn you my respect :nthat:

True, I just hate getting banned for stuff that others do too. I was taught to defend myself whenever and don't take no **** from no one. I'm missing one of the biggest releases of this year.
you not being in the thread doesn't mean you're missing out. you know what to do for a release now

The white cement 4s should be an indicator to all that the metallics, flu games, or any other OG release that is a non OG 1 should be a GR this year. Only release that may be limited are the 16s and 17s like the stealth 20s last year

I mean dudes who was watching MJ play that game back in 97 didn't look at their big booty having television sets and say "there go Jordan in them flu games, he the GOAT ain't he" because they themselves were just finding out that he was playing with the flu or flu like symptoms that same night. So with no prior knowledge about the shoes of course the ones who watched the game just called them the black and red 12s.

Flash forward to the early 2000s... MJ is done with the Bulls, retires, comes back with the Wizards blah blah blah.. Nike and Jordan Brand begin to release retros again since the first time they did in 1994 and they are found to be very popular with the masses. The "masses" include many of the folks who actually watched Michael Jordan and other players like Shawn kemp, Scottie Pippen, Reggie Miller, shaq, etc. all play throughout the 90s. A lot of those folks would say that Michael Jordan, who in this time frame of the 90s helped lead the Bulls to 6 championships (comprised of two separate 3peats [emoji]128563[/emoji]) and racked up multiple accolades and all star appearances, was their favorite player. They would also say that his signature shoe line with Nike was also their favorite. Even back then there were actually dudes living all over the globe who were buying and stock piling up on their favorite player's (Michael Jordan) fashionable, popular, cleverly designed, and often ahead of its time signature sneakers. This is before the pics on IG with stacks of boxes in the driveway. To all those who don't know bout the roots of sneaker collecting or being a "sneakerhead", it goes back pretty far fam. I know y'all mad reading all these paragraphs, but I'm writing this damn near book in some jb forum thread for y'all young ones so listen up: back in the 90s and even before then there were actual guys who would go in to a store and cop one to rock, one to stock, and one just because. They did all that before it became a thing to do. Before all the multiple raffle entries, and "we gon cook", "we gon eat!", pizza party, sadderday mess. Those are the originators, who wore the originals, who made most of the nicknames we use today.

Ok so back to the early 2000s, so yea now Nikes cranking out these retros and the same dudes who were once kids in the living room eyes glued to television screens trying to zoom in on mikes feet and badgering their mothers to buy the same ones so they could dog them on the court, yea those kids is adults now and they suddenly have a chance to buy those same shoes again. Shoot, even those kids' parents who didn't want to buy their kids $100 basketball shoes have a chance to buy them again and some of those old dudes still do. Those parents are now the grand pops and uncles you got. The ones who ave some OG aqua 8s in their attic that you stumble upon when you help them move, except when you ask unk or grandpops bout them aquas he says "what? No them the black and blue Jordans. What's 8s and what's aquas? You a fool just like yo daddy was". Your daddy and your older brother are the ones that gave them the aqua nickname. They're the ones your unk or gramps said you act like when they said you act like a fool. You new sneakerheads are the ones cleaning out the attic for weed money. Y'all are the ones jb made the 2009 joints for. So when it comes to nicknames, think about the generation before yours. Think bout your big brothers and their friends. Think bout your young father, in his prime, cheatin on yo momma. They were the ones who made the nicknames as they rightfully should have. They were the cats that had the memories to go along with the colorways. Those cats is the reason why black, grey and red 3s are the black cement 3s and why red and white 6s are the Carmine 6s. They remember the color descriptions that Nike/jb used and printed on the boxes. They remembered things like mike being sick with flu like symptoms playing in the black and red 12s and they're the reason why those are remembered as flu game 12s. When the 2003 retro happened they used them memories sitting in their big ol heads to give them the nicknames. They waited for AOL dial up to load to get on "the net" and make this forum what it is today.

Why do you think lebron, Kobe, kd, and kyrie shoes always have a story behind colorways now? They're just keeping the fire going. The formula with MJ proved to be successful so they're trying to recreate that with these athletes and they're shoe lines. kd 8 hints hill sunrise... nobody cares about kd running up some hill, snot dripping out his nose in cold DC weather, nah all that is to sell the colorway. Cardinal 7s tho? The box in 1992 said white, black and CARDINAL RED. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks. (Not sarcasm)

Not sure what your point was other than a brief history lesson for the youngsters though. People buy what they like and will continue to do so for whatever reasons they have and will call certain sneakers what they will. At the end of the day, who cares why someone else buys or what they decide to refer to them as? Just do you. If you can get yours, get it. And if some kid wants to buy these because he likes them and doesn't even know who MJ is, good for him too. He can call them air forces for all I care.

Just as long as I get mine too haha

Are we really getting the OG box for the remastered 12's?![emoji]128064[/emoji]
2myyhl.jpg

I was excited about the release in the first place this has me really amped though

Flu Games is just easy to say and people know exactly what you're talking about like He Got Games and Last Shots. For all you purists out there do you call the black and white 11s Concords? I thought so...

Flu Games is just easy to say and people know exactly what you're talking about like He Got Games and Last Shots. For all you purists out there do you call the black and white 11s Concords? I thought so...
uh... concords are called concords because of the concord purple. flu game, he got games, and last shots has nothing to do with colors. MJ wore the blk/red XII plenty of time in the playoff before the stomach virus. The he got games is just stupid, they made the shoes for MJ, not for the movie. how hard is it to say a white/black XIII?

no one called the black/red XIIs flu games until the 2009 actual "flu game" released. 

uh... concords are called concords because of the concord purple. flu game, he got games, and last shots has nothing to do with colors. MJ wore the blk/red XII plenty of time in the playoff before the stomach virus. The he got games is just stupid, they made the shoes for MJ, not for the movie. how hard is it to say a white/black XIII?

no one called the black/red XIIs flu games until the 2009 actual "flu game" released. 
Concords is a nickname. That is all.

Last edited:

People didn't start calling the black red 12s the flu games in 2009.

I'm guessing y'all don't know what nicknames are or what the word even means

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom