OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Offense got stagnant way too often. Fish shouldn't have been drawing up plays for AA with him being overall cold. He hit some big shots in regulation though. That buzzer beater just rimmed out.

Galloway played great tonight, making big plays. Pookie really does get the job done. And D Will :pimp:
Please don't tell me that was an actual play! LOL
I don't think KP needs plays ran for him too much at this point, he just needs to be on the court as much as possible. He has a knack to make things happen. He's open a lot in the context of the offense and he's not getting the ball in those open looks. When that happens it seems like his shot selection ain't great. KP seemed to force a few when he did get the rock last night. I wont call this one a moral victory but it was def a good game despite the loss.

Last edited:
For the most part I agree. My problem is however is the blatant exclusion of Kristaps for no other reason than he isn't a vet.

You have one of the most unique mismatches in the league and you refuse to let him learn how to handle himself in situations strictly due to some nonsense?

Hell it doesn't even have to be Kristaps. D-Will was very good last night, so was Galloway.

We got these young guys who were clearly performing yet they keep deferring to someone who went 6-21. Let them boys shoulder some responsibility, if we lose than hey whatever but at least give them the chance to put things away.

AA def black holed on us last night. KP, DWll, or Gallo were all open on that last play in regulation, LOL lopez might have been open as well :smile:

I like AA , but his defense needs work and he needs.to pass more out of the post.

Fisher needs to draw up actual plays , not an iso on the elbow which is so damn predictable.

For the most part I agree. My problem is however is the blatant exclusion of Kristaps for no other reason than he isn't a vet.

You have one of the most unique mismatches in the league and you refuse to let him learn how to handle himself in situations strictly due to some nonsense?

This right here is all I came to talk about. Fisher is very into treating KP like a rookie, to the detriment of the team. Son is a walking mismatch and we don't do much if anything at all to highlight that fact. KAT is going to be the rookie of the year and deservedly so. They find him in good spots and allow him to work. Outside of pick n pop, we never get KP the ball in good spots. He ends up having to try to beat his man off the dribble or pass. If KP is anywhere south of the top of the key we struggle to get him the ball. Our entry passes are terrible, especially from Calderon lol. Calderon has no clue how to run an offense. Even when we get KP the ball there's always someone rotating in from the weak side crowding the lane. 

It's whatever though. I want to make the playoffs this year but I'm more concerned about building for next year. We're not far from where we need to be.

Hawks Asking For Trade Offers For Either Jeff Teague, Dennis Schroder

JAN 27, 2016 10:11 AM

Teague_Jeff_atl_140219.jpg

The Atlanta Hawks have been reportedly soliciting offers from other teams on Jeff Teague or Dennis Schroder. 

The Hawks have more recently been focusing upon Teague as the deadline nears.

Schroder will be a restricted free agent in 2017, while Teague's deal comes up that year.

Last edited:
From what I've seen KP is not able to establish and hold the post position to get good entry passes in the post. Being that he's a 7fter with range and ability to drive the ball is the mismatch. Despite the skills KP has shown he is a rookie.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is what will take our team to the next level a top 15 pg in the league. we passed on teague before dont make the same mistake again. Picking up a pg through a trade before the deadline is a must. but if we wait and sign conley this summer works too

Back
Top Bottom