OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Fisher wasn't the best coach by a long shot, but as a Knick fan I was being realistic on our chances to go far in the playoffs.

Luke Walton and Brian Shaw are Phil's top choices.  Nothing will commence until offseason...

My bet is that Luke goes to L.A.

I honestly didn't believe Phil would have the guts to fire one of his own. After hearing Fisher rambling on and on during his intro press conference about how he and Phil traveled to see Tex Winter and talk about the Triangle, while Fisher describing it as a "passing the torch" moment, I thought he was going to stay for a while.

But I have to give credit where credit is due. Phil isn't just some pawn in Dolan or anyone's game. He's truly running this ship and isn't playing favorites at all. He's stuck to his gut a couple times, and each time it paid off.

I think Phil realized the season was on the line and we've been losing too many games and could potentially let the season slip away. Obviously we have a disparaging gap in talent, but we should've been able to muster up at least 25-27 wins by now. Many losses were a product of Fisher's ineptitude to make the proper adjustments and calls during critical points on the game and in the season.

Maybe this is the fire we needed to salvage whatever we have left this season and could make a push at the 8th seed.

Edit: Just thought about this. Firing Fisher makes me question his relationship with Phil. I mean, you've had such a long history with the guy and won titles together. You'd assume you would have a good working relationship and if you were to part way, wouldn't you give the guy the chance to a least save face and resign? Phil didn't even do that; he straight up fired him. Wonder what the rationale behind that was.

Last edited:
What a day for celebration! Does this mean the Zen Master is coming byke to woo KD next season??? Hopefully so. Nevertheless Fish has been fried! Time to update my sig

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ALL THIS PROVES IS THAT WE ARE SMARTER THAN THAT **** BOY AND SHOULDVE HAPPENED WEEKS AGO. SO GLAD THE KNICKS BRASS IS NOT WIT THAT ******** MEDIOCRITY ANYMORE. WOW WHAT A DAY

Yo fam, we gotta catch a game soon, live, at a bar, whatever. We see eye to eye on most things bro! Lol.

"Maybe this is the fire we needed to salvage whatever we have left this season and could make a push at the 8th seed."

That pretty much summed it up

I feel like we just won the SB

Just don't be stupid and hire mark jackson or george karl or some **** like that

We should have hired Thibs over Pringles back when we had the chance. He's definitely my #1 choice

Last edited:
I honestly didn't believe Phil would have the guts to fire one of his own. After hearing Fisher rambling on and on during his intro press conference about how he and Phil traveled to see Tex Winter and talk about the Triangle, while Fisher describing it as a "passing the torch" moment, I thought he was going to stay for a while.

But I have to give credit where credit is due. Phil isn't just some pawn in Dolan or anyone's game. He's truly running this ship and isn't playing favorites at all. He's stuck to his gut a couple times, and each time it paid off.

I think Phil realized the season was on the line and we've been losing too many games and could potentially let the season slip away. Obviously we have a disparaging gap in talent, but we should've been able to muster up at least 25-27 wins by now. Many losses were a product of Fisher's ineptitude to make the proper adjustments and calls during critical points on the game and in the season.

Maybe this is the fire we needed to salvage whatever we have left this season and could make a push at the 8th seed.

Edit: Just thought about this. Firing Fisher makes me question his relationship with Phil. I mean, you've had such a long history with the guy and won titles together. You'd assume you would have a good working relationship and if you were to part way, wouldn't you give the guy the chance to a least save face and resign? Phil didn't even do that; he straight up fired him. Wonder what the rationale behind that was.
If he quits doesn't he forfeit what remains on his contract?

I like Thibs, because he gets the most of his players. But he also runs them to the ground. I'm not sure how Melo will be able to hold up playing under him. The younger guys like Lance, KP, Gallo and Grant would exceptionally benefit but the older guys would be left for dead.

We need to bring in someone who is current with the basketball landscape. We actually have some decent players around our 2 stars.

Mark Jackson > Luke Walton

Jackson is poison. Walton is unknown. I go thibbs in a heartbeat. But i think melo moght die on the court and porzingis would be run into the ground

I wonder if blatt will get an interview. Doubt we would want his supposed Princeton offense though

Damn i want brad stephens.

It's business and Phil saving his *** aswell. KP the only reason people aren't calling for his head too.

THIBBS MAKES SO MUCH ****** SENSE AND IS THE PERFECT FIT SO THAT MEANS IT WONT HAPPEN. KNICKS WILL **** THIS UP AND NOT HIRE HIM. IF WE HIRE ANYONE OTHER THAN TOM, IM TAKING A SEASON OR TWO OFF FROM THIS TEAM.

WHAT THE HELL HAS LUKE WALTON DONE?!?!? FISHER COULDNT **** UP THAT WARRIORS TEAM.

Source close to Tom Thibodeau: "The #Knicks are the job he's always wanted. He would crawl to Madison Square Garden."

YOOOO!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom