OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
There is no middle ground with y'all. I clearly said he does well but struggles down the stretch because he exerts so much energy.

IDC about his numbers what has we won at the 4 not a damn thing.

His team won games in Denver with a worse team playing the 3.
I totally understand that he has to exert more energy because of playing against bigger guys but so do the opposing 4s, they in turn, exert more energy also. Now the bruising, that itself is something Melo like. Notice how dude always wear a life vest lol He does exert more energy also, because of having trash teammates, exc Kristap

There is no middle ground with y'all. I clearly said he does well but struggles down the stretch because he exerts so much energy.

IDC about his numbers what has we won at the 4 not a damn thing.

His team won games in Denver with a worse team playing the 3.
my dude ... SMH ...

I'm done with this ...

If you think with KD in the team ... He won't florish at the 4 then ok ...

Hell if you think Melo without KD would do any better in D being the 3 ... Well ok ....

Just know .. KL PG LBJ KD and a few others are all 3s ... SMH.

If he is going there because we have Durant at the 3 then I guess its not such a big issue because then we would have a lot of scoring

Since yall dont want to discus yall just want to debate since espn didn't accept your application.

In closing all of this has been said btw

I dont like Melo at the 4 because in the past he has played good but then struggled down the stretch because he is tired from banging with bigs all game. (this is not an issue with 3s because he is bigger than them all and he gets to the basket with ease)

If we are getting Durant than it isnt an issue because he has multiple people around him in Durant,KP, Rose to help take some of the scoring load off of him down the stretch.

Nothing against Melo but ive watched enough of his shooting quick shots from he wing late in the game because he doesnt have enough stamina to keep pounding the paint.

Is it possible to make up that extra money from endorsements? I know he is already signed with Nike but if he plays well with a contender could he get another 150+ over the next 5-6 years?

I know Lebron makes a lot off the court but is Durant as marketable?

Since yall dont want to discus yall just want to debate since espn didn't accept your application.

I dont like Melo at the 4 because in the past he has played good but then struggled down the stretch because he is tired from banging with bigs all game. (this is not an issue with 3s because he is bigger than them all and he gets to the basket with ease)

If we are getting Durant than it isnt an issue because he has multiple people around him in Durant,KP, Rose to help take some of the scoring load off of him down the stretch.

Nothing against Melo but ive watched enough of his shooting quick shots from he wing late in the game because he doesnt have enough stamina to keep pounding the paint.
Well the conversation started with Melo florishing at the 4 with KD, you changed the scenario to just him playing the 4 period. Even then, everyone that has seen the **** show the Knicks have been, know that Melo has florish in the 4. Not having a legit second options has contribute to what you are alluding too (quick shots). However, your list of 4 that would give Melo problems, you only stated how Melo would get owned in D, didn't mention anything about how Melo would own them in O, which would happen.

So your point is mute My dude.

I have also seen a bunch of Knicks game ... I have seen an unhealthy Melo still giving it his all and playing thru injury and I have seen him florishing at the 4 morso than the 3 and having MAp type numbers there.

When you can stick to one scenario we can talk.

PS.

You are also basing your opinions on the old Knicks roster that included a very inefficient Calderon and a chucker of Affalo. Rose and KP are going to contribute and if by a miracle KD signs here, you'll see how Melo is going to own the 4s a cross the league.

PSS he wouldn't be tired from banging with 3 but he will be tired from chasing all these 3s around. So again your point is mute. Stick to offense or defensive Melo not flip flopm

Last edited:

Well the conversation started with Melo florishing at the 4 with KD, you changed the scenario to just him playing the 4 period. Even then, everyone that has seen the **** show the Knicks have been, know that Melo has florish in the 4. Not having a legit second options has contribute to what you are alluding too (quick shots). However, your list of 4 that would give Melo problems, you only stated how Melo would get owned in D, didn't mention anything about how Melo would own them in O, which would happen.

So your point is mute My dude.

I have also seen a bunch of Knicks game ... I have seen an unhealthy Melo still giving it his all and playing thru injury and I have seen him florishing at the 4 morso than the 3 and having MAp type numbers there.

When you can stick to one scenario we can talk.

PS.

You are also basing your opinions on the old Knicks roster that included a very inefficient Calderon and a chucker of Affalo. Rose and KP are going to contribute and if by a miracle KD signs here, you'll see how Melo is going to own the 4s a cross the league.

PSS he wouldn't be tired from banging with 3 but he will be tired from chasing all these 3s around. So again your point is mute. Stick to offense or defensive Melo not flip flopm

Im done with this after I answer TBH

Could his injuries have anything to do with him banging in the post with 4s?

My first sentence if my original post was I do not agree with Remi but I dont like him playing the 4 and I showed you why

Then you asked for "prolific scoring PF" So i provided people who would give him trouble that score above 16pts or so a game.

So I was only answering your questions.

My one scenario is what has been proven. He gets hurt and banged up playing the 4 but if we have a solid team around him it wont matter because he wont have to do anything down the stretch anyway if we get Durant. That is why I didnt agree with Remi.

It takes a lot more energy to lift heavy weights for 48 min than to run around with someone for 48 min.

But like I said I joined the conversion to discuss but you want to debate so we really dont have anything to talk about anymore

Last edited:
Melo at the 4 is the goods.

Did you not see Luol Deng putting in meaningful minutes in the playoffs this year while playing the 4? The Heat were practically a new team having Deng at the 4. Melo is a better player than Deng in almost every facet of the game (maybe besides defensive presence).

The issue with having Melo play the 4 is the lack of rebounding and having those bigger teams beat us up on the offensive boards. That's pretty much how Indiana got to the Eastern Conference Finals that year. Oh, and Hibbert playing the series of his life.

I actually think playing Melo at the 4 would prolong his career. Especially considering where the NBA is heading. More teams play smaller and love to space the floor whether it's a team using using motion and cuts (GS) or pure ISO heavy ball (Clev).

Whats with the Melo slander???

Nobody was slandering I was just saying why I think he is unstoppable at the 3.

Easily top 5 scorer in the league with a solid team and has contributed to his team winning games.

At the 4 he does well but down the stretch when it comes to closing games he runs out of steam and starts to bail out the defense by taking bad shots. Nothing against him but that's why even Lebron doesn't play the 4.

Thats all I was saying nothing more nothing less

Easily top 5 scorer in the league with a solid team and has contributed to his team winning games.

At the 4 he does well but down the stretch when it comes to closing games he runs out of steam and starts to bail out the defense by taking bad shots. Nothing against him but that's why even Lebron doesn't play the 4.

LeBron doesn't play the 4 because they have guys that can already do that. And having Love play the 5 is worse :lol:

I do agree Melo does take some bad shots at the end of games, but I think that's due to him running out of the gas. The man needs more help.

why LeBron doesn't play the four? Lmao ... Why did they pay Love and Thompson to do? Why in Miami did they bring Bosh? Man ....

Again whether it be on O or D the league is aske stacked at 3 ... Melo in the 4 with his agility and shot would be way better on O and in D he would just h adv a to contain not chased .. No matter who you out in D at 4 in NY .. Would they be able to stop Aldridge Davis etc .. Melo would just have to contain and probably wait for help ... Vices going iso and having to defend the pick and roll at the 3. Just saying .

Last edited:
Yes he makes sure he has a solid 4 on his team so he doesn't have to play the 4.

But by your standards Lebron is faster and stronger than Melo and should also eat at the 4 right? But we havent seen him at the 4 because he is needed by his team down the stretch. He also hasnt had any major injuries because he doesnt have to bang around in the paint all game.

I keep saying Im done but you keep suckering me in.

Al Iannazzone Verified account  ‏@Al_Iannazzone · 12m12 minutes ago
Howard Eisley is at Knicks summer league practice. He's expected to be hired as a Knicks assistant

So we are hiring Layden's old player?
View media item 2085336
EDIT: Forget that our coach is a former Jazz :lol:

Last edited:
Al Iannazzone Verified account  ‏@Al_Iannazzone · 12m12 minutes ago
Howard Eisley is at Knicks summer league practice. He's expected to be hired as a Knicks assistant

So we are hiring Layden's old player?

EDIT: Forget that our coach is a former Jazz
laugh.gif
I was about to say... Then I saw the edit 
laugh.gif

You guys are putting your faith into Rose I wouldn't hold my breath. Melo is past his prime let's be honest. If he hypothetically signs, there would be two defensive liabilites Melo and Rose there's more to the game then just scoring you know.

No. You called him a liability on defense.

Flush the crack down the toilet b.

thats the **** that irked me. and thats how i know these cats dont watch games or are real fans. melo isnt kawahi, but his defense has been grossly and disgustingly disrespected the last couple of seasons. a lot of "fans" that hate melo or degrade him are the same ones that thought wilson and danillo were gonna get us to the finals.

Yes he makes sure he has a solid 4 on his team so he doesn't have to play the 4.

But by your standards Lebron is faster and stronger than Melo and should also eat at the 4 right? But we havent seen him at the 4 because he is needed by his team down the stretch. He also hasnt had any major injuries because he doesnt have to bang around in the paint all game.

I keep saying Im done but you keep suckering me in.
Real Talk .. Are you an NBA fanatic?

I'm asking because of you was ... You know why LBJ plays the 3 ... Has fast and explosive and really can't be guard when he hits the paint ... At 4 the paint would be clogged and he wouldn't be able to do that.

Instead he has been surrounded by 4s that can strech the D and open the paint for him. Look how much Love flourish in the NBA playoffs (minus the finals) ... Bosh was the same way .. If you notice both the Heat and Cavs used their 4s to open the paint for LBJ .. Is not because he can't play the 4 .. Cause when Love was awful in the finals what happened?

Come on my dude .... SMH

^ I've seen better looking women at 1Oak and PH-D

Girls like that are a dime a dozen. It gets to a point where they all start looking the same.

Last edited:
Hornacek says center probably bigger priority than shooting guard in free agency. Have enough scorers. #Knicks

first thing Hornacek's said that i don't agree with :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom