OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Courtney Lee's game should age well. Unselfish team player who doesn't rely on athleticism. Career 38% 3pt shooter. Solid defender. Good glue guy to have around Porzingis.

Really happy getting him for ~$12M/per since it sounds like he had higher offers to play elsewhere.

If you pay close attention, Phil is actually prepping the build around Porzingis.
By the time these guys are off the books Porzingis will be 24 & likely eligible for an extension.
nerd.gif
Yessir. & would have learned a lot from those guys as well by then.

Rose/Galloway/Baker
Lee/_____?/Early
Melo/Pookie
KP/Hernangomez
Noah/Seraphin?

If we trade KOQ to free cap, how much would we have?

Any realistic options or would we have to fill the spots with D-Leaguers and guys from Summer League?

That KOQ contract is looking like a steal right now. We can get a good piece in return for him if a team is looking for a cheap big man.

There are alot of solid FA still available, but this team is shaping up to look good so far.

Everyone getting these 4 year deals though. Whats up with that?

Aint eem mad about C Lee 
smokin.gif

For the first time in a few seasons, I'll actually attend a knick game lol

Sheeeeeeeeee ************ , I can actually say that without feeling I will waste money

I'm 31 yrs old and I can't deal with seeing the Knicks lose anymore....even when they were winning, they still took L's

This upcoming season should be the best season since the expendables Knicks

Last edited:
I like this squad. Looks like we're actually building a team.

I'll give Phil a B/B+ for this offseason so far. Improved our backcourt, got a better center. Cant ask for much more.

Last edited:
@JADubin5 Lee and Noah signings, by the way, vaporize any potential 2017 cap space the Knicks "gained" by trading Robin Lopez, and much more.

Said this the day of the trade.

Yeah Lopez's contract is off the books but we had to spend more money on replacements for the players we traded.

If we resign Rose this our team going forward. All the contracts expire right around when KP is a FA.

Perfect timing, because if he turns into a star then we'll have plenty of money to spend on players that would want to play with him.

Back
Top Bottom