OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Peeped it earlier, doubt it happens, would be cool, no hopes up. I'd take him over Lee 7 days out of 7 days.
Not only should we sign Lee over Amare for this season, we shoulda kept him over Amare in 2010 also 
ohwell.gif

Not only should we sign Lee over Amare for this season, we shoulda kept him over Amare in 2010 also :\

Agree to disagree Fam. Although Lee should've been kept in 2010, agree to agree. But I don't think Lee had the pull to bring Melo, although Melo could've waited.

Last edited:
Agree to disagree Fam. Although Lee should've been kept in 2010, agree to agree. But I don't think Lee had the pull to bring Melo, although Melo could've waited.
Whatever Im just messing. I agree that I dont think Lee had the pull to bring in Melo either.

But I love David Lee. I love a guy we drafted in a putrid era of Knicks basketball where they didnt develop talent for ****, without great physical ability, who worked his *** off in every facet of the game to become an all star. He is a great teammate and worker who was beloved in both NY and Golden State. I would really love to bring a guy like that back, even if it is to just sit on the bench at this point of his career. Similar to what I wrote about signing Nate last year.
seems super early for SL
We're in Orlando this year instead of Vegas like usual. So SL is starting earlier than it usually does.

Last edited:
Begley:

Phil Jackson said that there are ways in which the Knicks can free up more cap space to sign players. He's likely referring to trading a player on the roster to a team that can absorb his salary into cap space. This would free up some more money for New York and my guess is that the Knicks may have to use this mechanism to sign Courtney Lee. They've offered Lee a four-year deal that's north of $10 million annually, according to sources. Lee has other offers, which are likely more lucrative, and he is considering them. Members of the organization - including Joakim Noah - would love to have Lee in New York, sources say. The Knicks also have interest in Austin Rivers, Eric Gordon and Jamal Crawford, among others, to fill their void at shooting guard.

Last edited:
I was pulling for Lee in Boston/Dallas. He got slightly more burn in Dallas. He'll sign somewhere because he's a champion and a vet. STAT has always been my favorite big man, mind you I'm almost 40, seen a lot of big men play, he's just my favorite. I hate his athleticism declined due to injuries, but glad he had enough sense to develop some other type of game. He's been healthy the last two seasons, he sees the writing on the wall and I hope he catches on somewhere where he can play more than a few spot minutes, he flourished in his starting role in Miami, but Spolestra isn't that bright to me, he won a chips, but how much of that was really Lebron?

Oh right dub, I knew I seen you in a thread that I frequently visited. (ps4 thread)

I had you confused with Master Zik and a few nyk members who are in the flash thread.

Peeped it earlier, doubt it happens, would be cool, no hopes up. I'd take him over Lee 7 days out of 7 days.
Not only should we sign Lee over Amare for this season, we shoulda kept him over Amare in 2010 also :\
Then Lee gets traded in that Melo deal :lol:

Besides that I gotta disagree just based off of how dead the 2010 season would've been. Season after that as well.

Then Lee gets traded in that Melo deal
laugh.gif

Besides that I gotta disagree just based off of how dead the 2010 season would've been. Season after that as well.
Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and we needed to sign STAT just based off of everything we did leading up to 2010 and needing a big man to galvinize the young emerging talent we had.

STAT had a GREAT half season, but that is about it. Lee would have been much more valuable to have from 2010-2015 than Amare. I mean he wouldnt have performed like STAT in that first half season but he was still a 20/10 machine. In addition if we still did get Melo (although idk if we would), Lee is probably a better fit than Amare because he isnt ball dominant. 

Also in our most successful season in 2013, Lee was still averaging 18 and 11 while STAT was a shell of himself. So looking back it wasnt the wisest decision to get rid of Lee to sign STAT for a larger contract, especially considering Amare's injury history. But again, hindsight is 20/20. We were all pretty pumped when Amare got here and we knew the writing was on the wall with Lee despite how great he played in the 2010 season. I will always remember the Garden chanting his name in his final game that season. Dude was a warrior and a joy to watch in some really dismal seasons. 
tired.gif

if signing news aint from Woj, the vertical team, or realgm, dont believe it.

why are all our offers 4 yr contracts? 1/2 yrs would be nice

Back
Top Bottom