Official:1st Round NBA 2008 Playoffs: Game 1 Lakers vs. Nuggets 4/20 12:00 PM PST Game On ABC HD

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

BullsRepeat3Peat:
"Everybody knows how big that stage is," Iverson said. "I relish the moment. This is what I play basketball for. This is why I love it so much. The competitive part of me is going to definitely come out. It would have come out regardless who we played or who we played against, but definitely under the bright lights, those are the moments I cherish."

Just like his matchup with Kobe Bryant.

"Let's go. This is what it's all about for me. You can't draw it up any better," Iverson said. "People say he's the best basketball player on the planet, so I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge. Especially with me believing that about myself, so let's go.

"This is what it's about. If you're scared, get a dog."
this will be a good series, but L.A in 6
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
NobleKane:
This is the type of attitude that makes me think the nuggets will never get ANYWHERE with iverson. I mean who says crap like that ? Who cares about whos the best player. Its about your team you idiot! This is the attitude iverson had when he faced the spurs and is exactly why the nuggets lost to them.... Iverson's big head thinking hes the man still.... Little dude lead your team and pass the rock....you aint number 1 no more....

You're asking who says crap like that?

Seriously?

Ummm.. KOBE!!! He was throwing out quotes EXACTLY like that at the beginning of the decade.
laugh.gif
For example, he would say stuff like that about playing Jordan. I have Lakers vs. Bulls and Lakers vs. Wizards games on tape and watch the pretty frequently, and Kobe ALWAYS said stuff that was EXACTLY like what Iverson just said.
laugh.gif

'Iverson's big head thinking he's still the man'? And what about people that said in 2000 'Kobe's big head thinking he's the man'? You'd be hot, right? You'd defend Kobe, right?

He's no different than Iverson when it comes to the competitive, 'big head' attitude you've just criticized Iveson for having.
wink.gif

Gimme some quotes Kobe gave like that one RIGHT BEFORE a playoff match up.... Come on ..... I'm BEGGING you to do so....
laugh.gif
That +%+%* aint never said he thinks hes the best player in the league.... Iverson sounded mad bitter like he took offense to people saying Kobe is the best. Thats the same thinking that got him in trouble in the SA series.... It dont matter who thinks who is the best little %#$%#! Just make your team win son!

Wheres that quote ska?
nerd.gif

Whats wrong with Iverson saying he's the best player in the league??...Maybe if it was someone like Carter or Camby saying then its like comeon..but I don't see anything wrong with Iverson thinking he's the best player in the league...Confidence is one of the most important things in being agreat player...now I don't think Iverson is the best player but I'm 100% sure that probably plenty players in the league that deep down thinkthey're the best player in the league..and they probably arent on the level of iverson...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

NobleKane:
Gimme some quotes Kobe gave like that one RIGHT BEFORE a playoff match up.... Come on ..... I'm BEGGING you to do so....
laugh.gif
That +%+%* aint never said he thinks hes the best player in the league.... Iverson sounded mad bitter like he took offense to people saying Kobe is the best. Thats the same thinking that got him in trouble in the SA series.... It dont matter who thinks who is the best little %#$%#! Just make your team win son!

Wheres that quote ska?
nerd.gif
Why are you switching things up?

Before you were just talking about how it's ridiculous that Iverson said what he said. And you asked 'Who says crap like that?'

NOW you're switching things up, talking about how ridiculous it is that Iverson said what he said BEFORE A PLAYOFF GAME.
laugh.gif
Before, you didn't mention anything about having a problem with the fact that he just said this before a playoff game. You didn't ask 'Who says crap like that right before a playoff game?' You just asked 'Who says crap like that?'

But now that I've mentioned that Kobe has said crap like that before, THEN it's 'Oh, he said that right before a playoff game? Where's a quote of him saying that right before a playoff game'.

Knowing damn well you didn't say a thing about the playoffs before.

And the thing is, if I were to look at my Lakers playoff/Finals tapes and I were to tell you that Kobe did say something like that before a playoff game, then you would switch things up AGAIN.

'Who says crap like that?'
'Ummm... Kobe.'
'Well who says crap like that before a playoff game?'
'Ummm... Kobe. I found a quote before the _____ playoff series where he said something exactly like that.'
'Well who says crap like that before a playoff game in 2008?'

roll.gif

No i left that part about it out by mistake....BUT since you wanna be hard headed about it, gimme ANY quote of Kobe resembling what iverson said.... Doit.... Doooooo it....
nerd.gif

Lakers in 6. It's going to be interesting to see how the match ups play out in this series...

Man, getting descent tickets proved impossible for a reasonable price. I settled for some nose bleeders, but should be fun none-the-less.

I just hope that The Bench plays well. If they play solid over the duration of the series we'll sweep these guys. They haven't seen us with Pau yet. Ijust hope for an exciting game, not close but exciting....

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Man, getting descent tickets proved impossible for a reasonable price. I settled for some nose bleeders, but should be fun none-the-less.
what were prices looking like?

Nose bleed is good. Plus its better up there. I always sit up there for playoff games. The vibe is crazy up there.

Originally Posted by Control Are

what were prices looking like?

Go get them now. Ebay is selling out fast, most end tonight for game 2. I paid 200 for 2 seats.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Nose bleed is good. Plus its better up there. I always sit up there for playoff games. The vibe is crazy up there.
Yeah, I think I agree. Staples looks much bigger on TV. I went to that last Warriors game and I was 3 rows back and it was almost too close. Icouldn't pay attention to the game as a whole. And the fans up there are prudes, my wife and I were going Laker crazy and all the old ticket holdersaround us were annoyed.

Yeah, I think I agree. Staples looks much bigger on TV. I went to that last Warriors game and I was 3 rows back and it was almost too close. I couldn't pay attention to the game as a whole. And the fans up there are prudes, my wife and I were going Laker crazy and all the old ticket holders around us were annoyed.

Yeah nose bleed 300's section seat at Staples arent bad at all.I've been going to games at Staples since 2001 and I've sat at all the levels100's, 200's, premiere level, and for your moneys worth or over face your better off saving a couple hundred bucks then paying for a lot more for lowerlevel seats in the playoffs.In fact I wouldn't mind having season seats in the 300 sections as long as the seats arent behind the basket or is near theband.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Yeah, I think I agree. Staples looks much bigger on TV. I went to that last Warriors game and I was 3 rows back and it was almost too close. I couldn't pay attention to the game as a whole. And the fans up there are prudes, my wife and I were going Laker crazy and all the old ticket holders around us were annoyed.

Yeah nose bleed 300's section seat at Staples arent bad at all.I've been going to games at Staples since 2001 and I've sat at all the levels 100's, 200's, premiere level, and for your moneys worth or over face your better off saving a couple hundred bucks then paying for a lot more for lower level seats in the playoffs.In fact I wouldn't mind having season seats in the 300 sections as long as the seats arent behind the basket or is near the band.

Do you have season tickets?

dont worry about Noble Kane he is the token guy who comes into basketball threads with limited knowledge of the game and starts trying to make points.
Iverson was asked if he is excited to be playing with Kobe, check the latimes on that Noble. How do you want him to answer? by the way this is one of the bestplayoff performers of ALL TIME. so take a step back. You think this cat is not thinking about the team? you have certainly not watched the nuggets this year.AI has been more than willing to take the second seat. If anything that quote makes me like him more. ALL OF THE ALL TIME GREATS have that competitive edge.His juices are flowing, hes going against the best player in the game, a man he lost to in the finals... hes excited about it.... you got a problem withthat??????..... KEEP IT MOVING SON..... your hate is not welcomed. EVERYONE in the league respects iverson, and just for your info he is still that dude. Yourlife is on the line for a basketball game thats one of the guys you go to he'll play his heart out.. You mention ONE series about the spurs. I hope youknow Al been playing with a broken finger too. stop making illegitimate points and arguments.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Yeah nose bleed 300's section seat at Staples arent bad at all.I've been going to games at Staples since 2001 and I've sat at all the levels 100's, 200's, premiere level, and for your moneys worth or over face your better off saving a couple hundred bucks then paying for a lot more for lower level seats in the playoffs.In fact I wouldn't mind having season seats in the 300 sections as long as the seats arent behind the basket or is near the band.

Do you have season tickets?
Nah.But after this season I'm going to go on the waiting list which has some very nice benefits, like you get invited to season ticket holders townhall meeting at the end of each season where you get to go inside the Lakers locker room, and they let you take pictures with the championship trophies.

[h3]Expert Picks[/h3][table][tr][td]
adande_j.a._35.jpg

Adande[/td] [td]
broussard_chris_35.jpg

Broussard[/td] [td]
ford_chad_35.jpg

Ford[/td] [td]
hollinger_john_35.jpg

Hollinger[/td] [td]
stein_marc_35.jpg

Stein[/td] [td]
thorpe_david_35.jpg

Thorpe[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
lal.gif

(In 5)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 5)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 5)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 5)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 5)[/td] [td]
lal.gif

(In 6)[/td] [/tr][/table]

Lets get get get it!!!! Kobe and Mbenga finna give the nuggets the business real quick...Chuck will b watchin da 2nd of the playoffs at the gr8 wolf lodge herein Va agian dis yr

070105_bryant_vmed_10p.widec.jpg

Kobe is like "It's on AI, no mercy from here on out.Remember how I shut you down and blocked you like 20 times in the 2001 Finals"

laugh.gif

Control Are, your avy is hilarious

i hope the nuggets play smart basketball. no crazy alley oops or full court passes leading to turnovers. i hope the nuggets play aggressive on defense. nomatador defense. the half court offense should involve melo in the post to initiate the offense.

k-mart on kobe is ok. but wouldn't melo on kobe be even better? i want to see that.

Back
Top Bottom