Official:1st Round NBA 2008 Playoffs: Game 1 Lakers vs. Nuggets 4/20 12:00 PM PST Game On ABC HD

Ok, so if Martin is on Kobe, Iverson on Fish, Canby on Gasol, that leaves Melo and either Smith or Johnson to guard Vlad and Odom. Melo can't guard Odomdown low. So I'll take that matchup no problem. Martin is tough as hell, but if he stays on Kobe too long, mark it down that there will be a pump fake,jumpshot, foul real quick. Martin will go for the block, Kobe will get the foul. Plus, Kobe will just go to the middle of the floor, spread the other 4 guysout and drive and dish to one of the shooters.

And that's just the Kobe/Martin side of things. If he leaves Melo on Odom and Odom is playing at the level he has been lately, forget it. If Odom goesinto any sort of shell, then yeah, the Nuggets can hide Melo on Odom for a bit.

I see this as a close series. I agree with Ska, no one in the west is swept.

Lakers in 7.

If Martin guards Kobe, he'll foul out, cause even though he's a good defender, he's definitely a little too wild sometimes. We just have to makesure we have crisp passes b/c you know AI likes to play the passing lanes, so no lazy passes (I'm talking to u Sasha)

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

"Everybody knows how big that stage is," Iverson said. "I relish the moment. This is what I play basketball for. This is why I love it so much. The competitive part of me is going to definitely come out. It would have come out regardless who we played or who we played against, but definitely under the bright lights, those are the moments I cherish."

Just like his matchup with Kobe Bryant.

"Let's go. This is what it's all about for me. You can't draw it up any better," Iverson said. "People say he's the best basketball player on the planet, so I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge. Especially with me believing that about myself, so let's go.

"This is what it's about. If you're scared, get a dog."

this will be a good series, but L.A in 6
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This is the type of attitude that makes me think the nuggets will never get ANYWHERE with iverson. I mean who says crap like that ? Who cares about whos the best player. Its about your team you idiot! This is the attitude iverson had when he faced the spurs and is exactly why the nuggets lost to them.... Iverson's big head thinking hes the man still.... Little dude lead your team and pass the rock....you aint number 1 no more....

With that said, this will be NO cake walk for the lakers who on any given night can be one of the worst defensive teams in the league... No Bynum & Ariza = Lakers in 7. I would not be surprised if the nuggets wn this series....
Dogg what are you talking about?? You really think he just randomly came out and said that...I'm pretty sure a reporter probably asked him abouthaving a finals rematch against Kobe... and he just responded to it...

And even if he wasnted asked about it...so what...most players who play sports at that level strive to the be the best...and most people see Kobe at thebest...and all Iverson is basically saying is bring on the challenge..that's all...He's knows that Kobe will probably be guarding Iverson during the4th if he's on...so that matchup is a huge matchup....When Iverson had 51 against the Lakers earlier this season it was kobe who shut him down in the 4thwhich is WHY THEY LOST...Iverson remembers that and he doesn't want that happening again..

and by the way..Iverson is STILL the man...have u not watched him play this year??...he's a better play now then he's ever been...

I just wanna see a focused Melo punishing the Lakers on the block....

AI needs to play like PG/Distributor like AI....Not '01 finals AI....

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ok, so if Martin is on Kobe, Iverson on Fish, Canby on Gasol, that leaves Melo and either Smith or Johnson to guard Vlad and Odom. Melo can't guard Odom down low. So I'll take that matchup no problem. Martin is tough as hell, but if he stays on Kobe too long, mark it down that there will be a pump fake, jumpshot, foul real quick. Martin will go for the block, Kobe will get the foul. Plus, Kobe will just go to the middle of the floor, spread the other 4 guys out and drive and dish to one of the shooters.

And that's just the Kobe/Martin side of things. If he leaves Melo on Odom and Odom is playing at the level he has been lately, forget it. If Odom goes into any sort of shell, then yeah, the Nuggets can hide Melo on Odom for a bit.

Lakers in 7.

I almost certain at Denver will be playing a lot of zone in this series and Kmart will only guard Kobe when its crunch time. Melo should own Odom or Vladon the offensive end. I can see either one of them racking up a lot of fouls trying to guard Melo. Only thing I'm worried about its yall outside shootingwhen the Nuggets run that zone. I remember Fisher started out like 8/9 in that first quarter the last time we played yall but a lot of his points came fromNuggets soft double teams. Also the game in Denver when Vlad hit like 6 3's in the second quarter alone, I remember saying to myself "what the +$@! isgoin on, since when did Vlad start shooting like that?"

AI needs to play like PG/Distributor like AI....Not '01 finals AI...
Yep... AI still has to be aggressive, but he needs to take the backseat for Denver to take it to the next level.

The Nuggets need to just throw AI/JR/Melo/Kenyon/Camby out there as much as possible and get after it. Anthony Carter and Chucky Atkins are useless.

I'd like this team so much better if Nene was healthy and on top of his game...

Ummmm.....Sasha, Vlad, and Fish all shoot over 40% from 3 so they can shoot it, it's just sometimes they shoot too much from 3. Denver can play zone ifthey want to and leave Fish and Vlad open in the corners for 3, guarantee they will get burned. And Sasha, well let's just say he doesn't need an inchof space before he fires away.

BullsRepeat3Peat:
"Everybody knows how big that stage is," Iverson said. "I relish the moment. This is what I play basketball for. This is why I love it so much. The competitive part of me is going to definitely come out. It would have come out regardless who we played or who we played against, but definitely under the bright lights, those are the moments I cherish."

"Let's go. This is what it's all about for me. You can't draw it up any better," Iverson said. "People say he's the best basketball player on the planet, so I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge. Especially with me believing that about myself, so let's go.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
NobleKane:
This is the type of attitude that makes me think the nuggets will never get ANYWHERE with iverson. I mean who says crap like that ? Who cares about whos the best player. Its about your team you idiot! This is the attitude iverson had when he faced the spurs and is exactly why the nuggets lost to them.... Iverson's big head thinking hes the man still.... Little dude lead your team and pass the rock....you aint number 1 no more....

You're asking who says crap like that?

Seriously?

Ummm.. KOBE!!! He was throwing out quotes EXACTLY like that at the beginning of the decade.
laugh.gif
For example, he would say stuff like that about playing Jordan. I have Lakersvs. Bulls and Lakers vs. Wizards games on tape and watch the pretty frequently, and Kobe ALWAYS said stuff that was EXACTLY like what Iverson just said.
laugh.gif

'Iverson's big head thinking he's still the man'? And what about people that said in 2000 'Kobe's big head thinking he's theman'? You'd be hot, right? You'd defend Kobe, right?

He's no different than Iverson when it comes to the competitive, 'big head' attitude you've just criticized Iveson for having.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

I knew he would do Kmart on Kobe. This isn't 2001 and Kobe is a lot smarter so Kmart will get in foul trouble. They'll slide what's his name onKobe whos too short, then JR Smith and he'll be in trouble.

We use the same formula for the regular season games to put them away in 4.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

BullsRepeat3Peat:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
NobleKane:

Seriously?

Ummm.. KOBE!!! He was throwing out quotes EXACTLY like that at the beginning of the decade.
laugh.gif
For example, he would say stuff like that about playing Jordan. I have Lakers vs. Bulls and Lakers vs. Wizards games on tape and watch the pretty frequently, and Kobe ALWAYS said stuff that was EXACTLY like what Iverson just said.
laugh.gif

'Iverson's big head thinking he's still the man'? And what about people that said in 2000 'Kobe's big head thinking he's the man'? You'd be hot, right? You'd defend Kobe, right?

He's no different than Iverson when it comes to the competitive, 'big head' attitude you've just criticized Iveson for having.
wink.gif

Gimme some quotes Kobe gave like that one RIGHT BEFORE a playoff match up.... Come on ..... I'm BEGGING you to do so....
laugh.gif
That +%+%* aint never said he thinks hes the best player in the league....Iverson sounded mad bitter like he took offense to people saying Kobe is the best. Thats the same thinking that got him in trouble in the SA series.... It dontmatter who thinks who is the best little %#$%#! Just make your team win son!

Wheres that quote ska?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

i see the Nuggets taking this and upsetting the VERY overrated Lakers in 6 games
pimp.gif

How are they overrated

i wanna know too.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

BullsRepeat3Peat:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
NobleKane:

Seriously?

laugh.gif
For example, he would say stuff like that about playing Jordan. I have Lakers vs. Bulls and Lakers vs. Wizards games on tape and watch the pretty frequently, and Kobe ALWAYS said stuff that was EXACTLY like what Iverson just said.
laugh.gif

'Iverson's big head thinking he's still the man'? And what about people that said in 2000 'Kobe's big head thinking he's the man'? You'd be hot, right? You'd defend Kobe, right?

wink.gif

Gimme some quotes Kobe gave like that one RIGHT BEFORE a playoff match up.... Come on ..... I'm BEGGING you to do so....
laugh.gif
That +%+%* aint never said he thinks hes the best player in the league.... Iverson sounded mad bitter like he took offense to people saying Kobe is the best. Thats the same thinking that got him in trouble in the SA series.... It dont matter who thinks who is the best little %#$%#! Just make your team win son!

Wheres that quote ska?
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

I don't mind the Nugs putting KMart on Kobe. Martin is a good defender but he'll have a lot of trouble defending a smaller quicker player, especiallywith someone like Kobe. I don't think Denver has anyone who matches up well with Kobe on the defensive end. If KMart gets in foul trouble right away, thenDenver's defense will just get worse with him off the floor.

I want Odom to guard Martin on defense and not Melo. I think Lamar will have problem guarding Melo....but I'm thinking about it, we really don't haveanyone that can guard Melo and do a good job at it except Kobe. Lakers will also have a problem with AI. Derek Fisher has a problem guarding smaller andquicker PG's. Lakers need to keep AI from getting to the charity stripe too often.

Lakers in 5...possibly 6.

Lakers in 5 (only because I have tickets to game 5 and its also nice to win a series at home)

I am going to game 1! I hope the Lakers have a cool Playoff shirt this year. Last years was nice (yellow shirt/purple team silhouette), the year before thatwas boring (black shirt/lakers team picture).

NobleKane:
laugh.gif
That +%+%* aint never said he thinks hes the best player in the league.... Iverson sounded mad bitter like he took offense to people saying Kobe is the best. Thats the same thinking that got him in trouble in the SA series.... It dont matter who thinks who is the best little %#$%#! Just make your team win son!

Wheres that quote ska?
nerd.gif

Why are you switching things up?

Before you were just talking about how it's ridiculous that Iverson said what he said. And you asked 'Who says crap like that?'

NOW you're switching things up, talking about how ridiculous it is that Iverson said what he said BEFORE A PLAYOFF GAME.
laugh.gif
Before, you didn't mention anything about having a problem with the factthat he just said this before a playoff game. You didn't ask 'Who says crap like that right before a playoff game?' You just asked 'Who sayscrap like that?'

But now that I've mentioned that Kobe has said crap like that before, THEN it's 'Oh, he said that right before a playoff game? Where's a quoteof him saying that right before a playoff game'.

Knowing damn well you didn't say a thing about the playoffs before.

And the thing is, if I were to look at my Lakers playoff/Finals tapes and I were to tell you that Kobe did say something like that before a playoff game, thenyou would switch things up AGAIN.

'Who says crap like that?'
'Ummm... Kobe.'
'Well who says crap like that before a playoff game?'
'Ummm... Kobe. I found a quote before the _____ playoff series where he said something exactly like that.'
'Well who says crap like that before a playoff game in 2008?'

roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ok, so if Martin is on Kobe, Iverson on Fish, Canby on Gasol, that leaves Melo and either Smith or Johnson to guard Vlad and Odom. Melo can't guard Odom down low. So I'll take that matchup no problem. Martin is tough as hell, but if he stays on Kobe too long, mark it down that there will be a pump fake, jumpshot, foul real quick. Martin will go for the block, Kobe will get the foul. Plus, Kobe will just go to the middle of the floor, spread the other 4 guys out and drive and dish to one of the shooters.

And that's just the Kobe/Martin side of things. If he leaves Melo on Odom and Odom is playing at the level he has been lately, forget it. If Odom goes into any sort of shell, then yeah, the Nuggets can hide Melo on Odom for a bit.

Lakers in 7.
Ur right about Odom thats the only thing that bothers me about Kenyon sticking Kobe is Melo would most likely have to stick Odom
ohwell.gif
...but idk about the pump fake thing with Kobe because Kenyon doesn't gofor on ball blocks that much...he usually tries to strip the ball instead...and he's the best in the league at it...but I dont think in any way Kmart canstop Kobe cuz nobody can that's why he's the greatest but Kmart has the best chance on the nuggets of "slowing him down" a little....

Back
Top Bottom