Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Another question. Would you guys do a TJ Ford and Jason Kidd for Spencer Hawes and Deron Williams trade?
Williams and Kidd are a wash. I mean, Kidd's a better all around player with the steals and rebounds but Williams will give you more scoringand a better shooting percentage.

It's between TJ Ford and Spencer Hawes. Both players have their question marks. Spencer has been good up to this point for the Kings, he still is a youngplayer and with that comes ups and downs and TJ is an injury risk. It comes down to what you need more of. Do you need PG play or PF/C play?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^no. i dont think Hawes is that good. especially compared to TJ Ford.
What's going on with Jason Thompson's minutes? He's playing less now. What's going over in Sacramento?

Paul whats a good breakdown of how Bierdens has been this year since you're a GSW fan?

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Another question. Would you guys do a TJ Ford and Jason Kidd for Spencer Hawes and Deron Williams trade?
Williams and Kidd are a wash. I mean, Kidd's a better all around player with the steals and rebounds but Williams will give you more scoring and a better shooting percentage.

It's between TJ Ford and Spencer Hawes. Both players have their question marks. Spencer has been good up to this point for the Kings, he still is a young player and with that comes ups and downs and TJ is an injury risk. It comes down to what you need more of. Do you need PG play or PF/C play?
Yeah i figured Deron and Kidd even each other out but i've been kinda ticked with the low scoring with Kidd lately. TJ has been pretty goodbut i need some more boards and blocks.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I really don't think Hawes is worth it, who's available via FA?
Jason Thompson is lol. And while i think he's pretty solid, i just don't know how consistent his minutes will be. So you think i shouldjust stick with TJ and pick up Thompson then instead? Other PF available is Yi, Noah, Mcdyess, Ty Thomas.

On second thought, I'd do that trade. TJ Ford isn't putting up the numbers i thought he was.... If you need a big (and can spare a PG) then do thetrade.
I think Spencer will be getting more minutes (currently at 29 mpg) as the season goes on which will only help his fantasy value.

Jason Thompson isnt getting that many minutes cuz hes a rookie. I was at the game last night (god it was a blow out), and the kid just couldn't reallyfinish around the rim and was a liability when he had the ball in his hands. I'm kinda confused though, because last night they started Hawes and Miller atthe bigs, and Mikki Moore played like 2 minutes the entire game. Thompason played 29ish, so I think right now Theus is just messing with the line up androtation until he figures something out................or gets fired
laugh.gif

But i think for the Kings Hawes will be a sure thing (minutes-wise), Thompson not so much.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Paul whats a good breakdown of how Bierdens has been this year since you're a GSW fan?
I think his play has been erratic as of late due to his "help" out on the court. As you know, Nelson loves to go small. Nelson will put4 guards in the game with Biedrins in the middle. That type of lineup is bad for Andris. Our perimeter players are terrible at keeping their man in front ofthem. We're last in the league in defense
smh.gif
. The opposing players get to the paint at will and when they do, Andris is the only help in the paint so whenAndris goes over to contest the shot, no one's there to help rebound. These lineups just wears down Andris and will continue to wear Andris down over thecourse of the year if Nelson keeps putting out that garbage.

There will be nights when Andris is inhaling rebounds but then we get behind by double figures and Nelson opts to put in an even smaller lineup. Nelson isretarded. No consistency whatsoever when it comes to player's minutes. Unless you're Jackson, Maggette, Crawford, your minutes will fluctuate from gameto game. Just ask Brandan Wright, Anthony Randolph, Andris Biedrins, and the rest of the Warriors. Andris will have a game where he'll get 40 minutes, thenthe next game he'll get 20 minutes. Just look at the minutes played in his recent games:

oq96ck.png

Another thing I'd like to add about Andris is that he's left handed and his go-to move is his spin move and finish with his left hand. Now teams havetaken note and are guarding against that. That's why you see that his FG% has taken a hit. I mean, it's still really good at 54% but compared to hisstats last year, it's a significant drop. Also, last year, we had Baron Davis and he created easy shots for Andris which helped his FG% stay up above 60%.We lost Baron and really don't have a real distributor anymore so that just compounds everything.

But that's just my opinionon Andris. I can also try to find an article on Andris so then you'll have two people's opinion... I'll be rightback.

*edit*
I can't find the article.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

On second thought, I'd do that trade. TJ Ford isn't putting up the numbers i thought he was.... If you need a big (and can spare a PG) then do the trade.
I think Spencer will be getting more minutes (currently at 29 mpg) as the season goes on which will only help his fantasy value.

Jason Thompson isnt getting that many minutes cuz hes a rookie. I was at the game last night (god it was a blow out), and the kid just couldn't really finish around the rim and was a liability when he had the ball in his hands. I'm kinda confused though, because last night they started Hawes and Miller at the bigs, and Mikki Moore played like 2 minutes the entire game. Thompason played 29ish, so I think right now Theus is just messing with the line up and rotation until he figures something out................or gets fired
laugh.gif

But i think for the Kings Hawes will be a sure thing (minutes-wise), Thompson not so much.
Yeah, that's the way i'm feeling bout Hawes...I like his value. TJ has been decent but i feel i can find a replacement at assists in Luke. Right now i have CP3, Kidd, TJ and Jamal as my PGs. I've been killing in assists so far this whole year so i'm thinking i should be fine in thatcategory.

Dang you are loaded at PG, if you have CP3 and Kidd (or D will) you should be set.

damn u got some nice PGs.

Try to package something else for Ford ... if you can't find anything then do it.

Hey Paul, thanks for the breakdown. I traded Zach Randolph, Jeff Green and Jamal Crawford for Tony Parker and Andris Bierdens.

Jermaine O'Neal
pimp.gif

24 Pts, 8 Rebs, and 6 Blks

Hopefully he can keep it up, but should I trade him now since he's known to be injury prone the last couple seasons?

I doubt you will get much value for him off a couple good game...his production has been down this year. I think your best bet is to hold on to him unless youare really lacking at a certain position.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Keep doubting my dude JO.
tired.gif
Damn JapanAir, if I'd have known you and JO were BFF's, I woulda made you give up more to get him.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
Me, JO, and Al Harrington.
pimp.gif
*Runs to see if Harrington is on my team in the league we're in together*

Damn, Harrington's on the KillaBees, who basically drafted his team and fell of the face of the earth.
mad.gif
I bet I could have at least gotten Vince Carter from you there.
laugh.gif

Why is TJ Ford barely playing? Jarret Jack is getting more minutes.
Is he hurt or just playing horribly?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Why is TJ Ford barely playing? Jarret Jack is getting more minutes.
Is he hurt or just playing horribly?

Playing HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

There goes my chance of trying to trade him i'm sure. He already isn't looked at as a good commodity to the people in my league.

I just traded KG but it doesnt come into effect until monday...he was in my lineup tonight so do i get credit for his game tonight?

Back
Top Bottom