Official 2008 Atlanta Braves Season Thread (59-77) vol. We Blow

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
- He is appreciated for EVERYTHING he has done for this organization. If he doesn't come back, the Braves better use that $14 mil wisely. Rumor has it, their is a Scott Boras client that is a VERY GOOD 1st baseman, that is a free agent at the end of the year.

Yes next year lots of money is coming off the Braves payroll so its possible that Braves can sign Teixeira but Liberty Media ownership is mad cheap theydon't want to spend money to help the team they only want to profit.

Mike Hampton- $15,000,000
sick.gif

Tom Glavine- $8,000,000 (don't think Braves want to resign Glavine)
Mark Kotsay- $4,000,000 (i think)
Will Ohman- $1,600,000

Damn.......................................
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Smoltzie is done this year............but I'm not surprised either. He has done a lot of positive things for the Braves organization in hiscareer.

If he retires, then the Braves better use that $14 million wisely in the offseason.

He was like 3-0 and had like a 0.56 ERA earlier this season until the pain came.
tired.gif

I think it will be very hard for him to return next season, given his age and his health.
frown.gif

Is it cool if I hop on the Braves/Chipper Jones bandwagon? haha my Tigers arent exactly doing anything, and he's always been one of my favorites... plus Ican watch their games on TBS and whatnot.

....my GF is from Charleston, and she's a lifelong Braves fan, so that counts, right?
laugh.gif

Oh yeah, nice HR Chipper.

^ Yes you can hop on the Braves bandwagon

Chipper Jones
pimp.gif
Tonight 4-4, Homerun, Stolen Base,

Soriano got the save Braves win 7-5 win series 3 out of 4 vs Marlins

nice job by chipper and the braves today. (see chipper thread)
but good closeout win. glad to see they didnt slip today.
keep it up and hopefully they can handle the phillies coming into atlanta
as these are crucial games!

go braves!

CHIPPER = MR 400 TODAY
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We got another good win to our advantage. Phillies come to town and we'll make sure we'll capitalize on a division lead.
pimp.gif

Minor League Report

This is Schafer stats in AA since he came back from the needle.....
[table][tr][td]AB[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]2B[/td] [td]3B[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]RBI[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]SB[/td] [td]CS[/td] [td]AVG[/td] [td]OBP[/td] [td]SLG[/td] [td]OPS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td].375[/td] [td].500[/td] [td].688[/td] [td]1.188[/td] [/tr][/table]
This is Charlie Morton stats who killin Triple AAA right now....
[table][tr][td]W
[/td] [td]L
[/td] [td]ERA
[/td] [td]G
[/td] [td]GS
[/td] [td]IP
[/td] [td]H
[/td] [td]R
[/td] [td]ER
[/td] [td]HR
[/td] [td]BB
[/td] [td]SO
[/td] [td]GO/AO
[/td] [td]AVG.
[/td] [td]WHIP[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5
[/td] [td]1
[/td] [td]1.70
[/td] [td]12
[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]74.0
[/td] [td]47
[/td] [td]16
[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]0
[/td] [td]24
[/td] [td]68
[/td] [td]1.56
[/td] [td].179[/td] [td]0.96
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Frederick Freeman (1B) and Jason Heyward (RF)both made the Southern Atlantic League All-Star Team (Class A Rome).

There others were noting but I'll update this later on....

Kelly's defense has always been a problem should've ended the game right there anyway Boyer is not any good either Soriano is needed but he is alsostill hurt with that bad elbow.

Braves lost 4-3 another 1 run loss Victorino threw out Blanco at the plate to end the game
mad.gif

Dammit Kelly Johnson that was one easy popoff that you could have converted for an out.......
mad.gif

The pitching carousel begins for the Braves once again........
tired.gif

Braves got swept by the Philies. Braves could've won game 1 if it weren't for the error by Kelly Johnson.

Next series Braves @ Cubs 6/10-6/12

Tuesday, June 10 8:05 PM ET

Tom Glavine, LHP (2-2, 4.47) vs Ted Lilly, LHP (5-5, 5.23)

#$@$ the goddamn Phillies......
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

We just blew the game open for them at the top of the 9th.

As I said earlier our pitching staff is in a carousel this season.

First time we gotten swept at home this season. We are 1-5 against them so far this year.

I hate the new MLB on TBS. They should bring back Braves games at least 3-4 days a week. Next we are going to be roadkill against the best team in theNL.
tired.gif

I also dislike the new MLB on TBS the best Braves games i've seen was the last couple years when they used to do Braves TBS Friday Night Extra they useddifferent camera angles like Catcher cam and other fun stuff.

Blaine Boyer sucks too he is 1-4
I used to like Manny Acosta but he is 3-4 cant be trusted in close game situations

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

I also dislike the new MLB on TBS the best Braves games i've seen was the last couple years when they used to do Braves TBS Friday Night Extra they used different camera angles like Catcher cam and other fun stuff i don't like watching Sciambi on Sports South.

word. I can't stand seeing teams other than the Braves playing on Sunday afternoon.
sick.gif

Point the finger to Blaine Boyer for another bullpen failure. Bullpen has serious issues right now.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

the braves are beyond annoying right now. gotta be !%%%%$! me. call up some prospect pitchers or something. doing better than the pros are now.
obviously they cant win on the road. do not put escobar in the leadoff position ever again. he doesnt like it.

I heard Braves may call up Charlie Morton he has apparently been pitching great in the minors might get called up 5-1 1.70 ERA.

Back
Top Bottom