Official 2008 Atlanta Braves Season Thread (59-77) vol. We Blow

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

-2 W's against the Mets in one day.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-Esco gold glove play in the 7th of the second game was a thing of beauty.

pimp.gif

Somebody needs to hook up Esco's diving stop in .gif format for me. Put a nice tag on there too, please.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

yea did you see the one where he ran over church? that needs to be made into a .gif with a tag for me!!!!! por favor.
jurrjens on tv today too. and i wont be here to watch it. i work right when the game starts and get off when it ends. damn!

3 2-out RBI's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Gotta love Tex's hustle to keep the inning alive. Since we all requesting .gifs, if I can get a video of Tex running very hard, that would beclassic. Don't need no tags nor borders, just Tex running very hard cause that is a sight to see.

This dude trying to take Chipper out a couple weeks with that pitch
smh.gif

But we are putting some work in
pimp.gif
11-2 and Jeff just missed the double for the cycle
frown.gif

Braves are smoking hot but Chipper got hit badly with a pitch and got taken out of the game.

Jurrjens pitched a great game.

Hope Braves hit a Met batter with pitch in retaliation of Chipper.

Braves are still putting in work... Hopefully Jeff can get another chance at batting...

I hope the Braves resign Tex... What you think theyll do?

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Braves are still putting in work... Hopefully Jeff can get another chance at batting...

I don't think Braves resign Tex probably Mets or Yankees sign him as a free agent.

Tex will want a long term contract probably at +16 Million Per Year and I don't think Braves have that type of money to spend at least Braves might getDraft Picks for whoever signs Tex and Braves can get some great Prospects in return because Tex will be an Type A Free Agent.

They said that Escobar will likely play tomorrow. Don't know about Chipper he got hit pretty bad on his leg so don't think he plays tomorrow.

Hopefully a Braves pitcher hits a Met tomorrow in revenge.

Braves won 11-4
glasses.gif

Jair Jurrjens is so good
pimp.gif

Tomorrow: Ace vs Ace, so should be a pitchers duel.

Johan Santana (5-2 3.30 ERA)
Tim Hudson (6-3 3.06 ERA)
pimp.gif

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice win by the braves...
i was unaware of chipper getting hit by a pitch though.
at least he went yanko.
go braves. take the sweep!
ill be in san diego watching the reds vs pads game tomorrow.
later guys!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

I don't think Braves resign Tex probably Mets or Yankees sign him as a free agent.

Tex will want a long term contract probably at +16 Million Per Year and I don't think Braves have that type of money to spend at least Braves might get Draft Picks for whoever signs Tex and Braves can get some great Prospects in return because Tex will be an Type A Free Agent.

They said that Escobar will likely play tomorrow. Don't know about Chipper he got hit pretty bad on his leg so don't think he plays tomorrow.

Hopefully a Braves pitcher hits a Met tomorrow in revenge.

Braves won 11-4
glasses.gif

Jair Jurrjens is so good
pimp.gif

Tomorrow: Ace vs Ace, so should be a pitchers duel.

Johan Santana (5-2 3.30 ERA)
Tim Hudson (6-3 3.06 ERA)
pimp.gif

Yea i heard about that during the game but they were saying that he wants to stay... But we all know what happened with Andruw Jones... He wanted to staybut ended up going... I guess we have to wait it out
embarassed.gif

And hopefully we can get the sweep... I rather Chipper sit out cause we really need him in the longrun and dont wanna take the chance... Lets do this!!!
pimp.gif

Bobby thinks Smoltz, Soriano, and Gonzalez could all be ready to join the bullpen within 2 weeks. If they can return and throw like old, that bullpen could benasty. I'm fairly confident in Smoltz and Soriano. Gonzalez is a different story, coming off the TJ Surgery...but he's looked strong down in Florida,reportedly.

Speaking of Soriano...Horacio Ramirez just signed a minor-league deal with the Royals. If you recall, he's the bum that we shipped to Seattle for Sori. Hehad a 7.16 ERA in 20 starts for Seattle in 2007.
laugh.gif

^ Yeah i heard about Horacio signing with the Royals.

I forgot to say that Chipper Jones hit his 399 Career Homerun and only needs 1 more for400 Career Homeruns
pimp.gif
. Chipper said he wants toplay today so hopefully he can get the 400 against the Mets he is a Met killer.

Braves bullpen can be great with the return of Soriano and Smoltz but their will be some complicated issues because i think Soriano wants to close but I'dput Smoltz as the Closer and Soriano 8th and Gonzalez 7th then Manny Acosta could be the 6th inning that would be a lethal bullpen from 6-9 innings. I reallylike Gonzalez no need to rush him he needs to be 100 % ready he has that weird violent pitching delivery which i like so let him come back when he is fullyready.

Today Hudson vs Santana 7 pm.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Braves bullpen can be great with the return of Soriano and Smoltz but their will be some complicated issues because i think Soriano wants to close but I'd put Smoltz as the Closer and Soriano 8th and Gonzalez 7th then Manny Acosta could be the 6th inning that would be a lethal bullpen from 6-9 innings.

There will be no issues at all. Whateva inning Smotlz wants to pitch, that's when he is goin to pitch. Cox will just let the chips fall in placedepending on Smoltz.
Maybe Horacio can turn his career around in KC like Kyle Davies did.....%%%* outta here

If the bullpen can get healthy then we'll be be back on track.

If Chipper can hit his 400th HR tonight with a Braves win then it'll be a strong positive note in a sweep.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great Series but the Braves always play the Mets tough. Must carry this momemtum and get AT LEAST a split against Zona. Plus the Braves will miss Webb thisseries.

Great series sweep by the Braves against the Mets.

Chipper is still sitting on Homerun #399 and he is tearing up the baseball.

D-backs haven't been playing good they got swept by the Marlins and Braves won't face Webb or Haren so Braves can put some W's in this serieshopefully Braves are hot at home. Jorge Campillo will get another start but on 3 days rest.

Correction: The Braves will miss Haren and face Webb in the 4th game of the series wit Jair on the mound. Should be a good test for the rook.

Bobby is coming back for 2009.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2008/05/23/bobbycox_0523.html

The Braves announced Friday afternoon that manager Bobby Cox has signed a one-year contract extension through next season.
No details of the contract were announced.
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] RELATED STORIES • More Braves coverage
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
"Bobby and I have been talking about this for several months," Braves executive vice president and general manager Frank Wren said in a statement. "We are excited that Bobby, the winningest manager in franchise history, and one of the most respected managers in all of baseball, will again be managing our club in 2009."

Cox is in his 27th season as a major-league manager, his 23rd with the Braves. He ranks fourth all-time in victories with 2,281. With the Braves, Cox has 1,926 wins, the most by a Braves manager. He ranks second among active managers behind Tony LaRussa of the Cardinals.

Cox has guided the Braves to 14 division titles, five National League pennants and one World Series championship.

^ I was just about to post that exact thing.

Bobby Cox is so great the way he encourages his players you can always hear his voice in the backround like "lets go Chip" he is so great to watchglad he will be back next year he will break some records as he is currently 4th on the MLB all-time Managerial Wins List.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3 reasons why Bobby Cox is the new-school Zack Morris...
-My dude walks around with Spikes, ALL THE TIME. Even during Spring Training.
-The only manager to get ejected from the World Series. TWICE
-In 2004, when Major League Baseball demanded that the Braves wear unsightly gray warm-up jackets, Cox noted his objection, saying, "I'd rather wearpink."

Jeff Francoeur just hit a two-run walk off HR in the bottom of the 9th to win it against the D-Backs today.
pimp.gif

Jorge Campillo just left with a minor blister while pitching.

Braves had an ugly game yesterday something needs to be done with the 5th man (Jo Jo Reyes and Chuck James struggle way too much)

Saw the game recap and saw the excellent bare handed
eek.gif
double play Escobardid that was incredible.

Francoeur with the game winning Homerun in the bottom of the 9th inning.
pimp.gif

damn the braves are playing great. good stuff on that mets sweep and yea a split with arizona would be ideal.
frenchy with that walkoff i saw on tv was great. chipper sitting out today. well deserved rest. jair against webb tomorrow.
eek.gif

its 2-2 right now... hopefully the braves can get this one without chipper.

The Braves were leaning toward activating closer Rafael Soriano from the disabled list Monday for the series finale against Arizona, and could add John Smoltz to the bullpen during the six-game road trip that starts Tuesday in Milwaukee.

Smoltz will accompany the Braves on the trip to Milwaukee and Cincinnati, but it was undetermined Sunday if the veteran pitcher would be activated from the DL without another minor league rehab appearance.

2hge5qo.jpg

Smoltz returning

Braves win 7-3
pimp.gif

Braves beat up on
happy.gif
Brandon Webb and gave him his 2nd loss this season.Jair Jurrjens pitched so-so but his pitch count was up there and he was taken out of the game early he could've won the game.

Teixeira is starting to heat up got 4 RBI's
McCann hit a homerun off Webb
Even Gregor Blanco got 3 hits today nice sparkplug with speed.

Up next road series Braves @ Brewers
(Braves need to start winning road games

dqna7d.jpg

143j2mr.jpg

n9ms8.jpg

m9xhmf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom